Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2011-2012 NHL discussion

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Re: 2011-2012 NHL discussion

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    The Blues embarrassed themselves and the city they play for. They should feel ashamed for that pitiful display they put on last night.
    I expect better for game 3. They showed something more in the 3rd period last night, but that 1st period was absolutely atrocious. You can't blame that on the loss of one defenseman. What were they on the power play, 0 for about 150?
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    I expect better for game 3. They showed something more in the 3rd period last night, but that 1st period was absolutely atrocious. You can't blame that on the loss of one defenseman. What were they on the power play, 0 for about 150?
    Hitch teams since his Stars days always stress defensive excellence and miss the boat on well rounded offense

Quote Originally Posted by HotCorner View Post
    That's awesome! Would love to see DC in the Stanley Cup Finals.

I don't see the Caps/Rangers game ever ending....

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    I don't see the Caps/Rangers game ever ending....
    I hope it ends soon. I need to get some sleep tonight.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

Well, I didn't want it to end that way.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Well, I didn't want it to end that way.
    Now that was a battle of attrition, the players were starting to reel

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Now that was a battle of attrition, the players were starting to reel
    Callahan is the man. He is always blocking shots and hitting. Love watching that dude play.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Callahan is the man. He is always blocking shots and hitting. Love watching that dude play.
    If you like hitting, I have a feeling we're going to see a a fair amount of it in L.A. tonight.

Well......&)$@!!!

The Kings barely squeak into the playoffs as the No. 8 seed and now they might be the favorite to win the Western Conference.

How fun would a New York-Los Angeles Stanley Cup Finals be? It might be enough to actually get ESPiN to pay some attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    The Kings barely squeak into the playoffs as the No. 8 seed and now they might be the favorite to win the Western Conference.

How fun would a New York-Los Angeles Stanley Cup Finals be? It might be enough to actually get ESPiN to pay some attention.
    Don't count on it. Once NBC/Versus got rights to the NHL, ESPN put Women's Basketball ahead of the NHL on their priority list.

Don't count on it. Once NBC/Versus got rights to the NHL, ESPN put Women's Basketball ahead of the NHL on their priority list.
    WHich is just shameful. Not to give womens basketball some publicity, however I find ESPNs profits over journalism thing unfortunate. Yes they are a business and entitled to whatever profit they can make, however it seems to me like there could be a balance. Instead of shoving what they have rights to broadcast down our throat, let's find some middle ground and try to appeal to more than just NY and whatever. Showing some hockey would potentially broaden their base, if they put some effort into it. Hockey Tonight anyone?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

They can try to ignore the NHL all they want, but people are still watching. Walk into just about any bar in the Greater Cincinnati area these days and chances are the NHL playoffs are on most of the big screens while the NBA is relegated to the smaller TVs, if it's on at all. I don't hear any buzz about the NBA playoffs, let alone women's basketball.

ESPiN can continue to alienate its viewers at its own peril. I already barely watch it now unless there is an actual game on. SportsCenter is borderline worthless. I'd rather watch the MLB/NHL/NFL/Big Ten networks for news/highlights.

Turn Off Ads?