Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011-2012 NHL discussion

Re: 2011-2012 NHL discussion

How about that win for the Avs last night? Scoring the tying goal with 0.7 seconds left in Buffalo, then winning in the shooutout. Saying "huge two points" is cliche in the NHL, but that's exactly what last night was for Colorado.

Go Avalanche!

2. Turn Off Ads?

That is crazy, lol. .7 seconds left? wow

I'm looking at the standings and the last two spots for the West are going to be a dog fight until the end. San Jose seems like a team that just doesn't have the extra effort on a nightly basis to get it done. I think it goes 7. colorado and 8. Phoenix. I could also see a late push from Calgary. They are hot right now winning 4 in a row and there seems to be enough veterans on that team that know how to win.

Crosby returns tonight. Should be an exciting game.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Crosby returns tonight. Should be an exciting game.
    They placed him on the 3rd line I believe. If that's the case, he is probably the best 3rd line center in the history of the NHL

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    That is crazy, lol. .7 seconds left? wow

I'm looking at the standings and the last two spots for the West are going to be a dog fight until the end. San Jose seems like a team that just doesn't have the extra effort on a nightly basis to get it done. I think it goes 7. colorado and 8. Phoenix. I could also see a late push from Calgary. They are hot right now winning 4 in a row and there seems to be enough veterans on that team that know how to win.
    Unfortunately for the Avs, San Jose has three games in hand on them, and it's highly unlikely they'll lose all three. Even with as poorly as their playing since they made the deal at the deadline that sent Jamie McGinn to Colorado. Since the trade, McGinn has seven goals, including that 0.7 seconds goal.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I've been a Blues fan for going on 30 years (ever since Liut ended up there when the Stingers closed up shop) and I have to say I've been kind of enjoying this season a bit more than the last couple years. The playoffs could be interesting this year.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    I've been a Blues fan for going on 30 years (ever since Liut ended up there when the Stingers closed up shop) and I have to say I've been kind of enjoying this season a bit more than the last couple years. The playoffs could be interesting this year.
    Wow, you are old school if you are going back to Liut

It has been a really fun ride and it makes it more enjoyable seeing how this team struggle and grow in previous years to the team it is now. It was almsot like watching a kid grow up and finally getting an A on his report card.

Wow, you are old school if you are going back to Liut

It has been a really fun ride and it makes it more enjoyable seeing how this team struggle and grow in previous years to the team it is now. It was almsot like watching a kid grow up and finally getting an A on his report card.
    I can say it's a lot easier to keep up with them since the internet came along. In the 80s it was a little rough trying to follow an out of town team in a city that didn't have a team at all. The NHL got next to no coverage around here before the Blue Jackets started playing up the road. Some evenings I could pick up the games on the AM radio and I would catch the scores in the paper or the rare game on cable. Now I've got Center Ice and I venture up to Columbus whenever they're in town playing the Jackets. Young sports fans don't know how easy they have it these days with being able to get just about every game on tv no matter where you live and all the content that's on the internet.

And you're right about the excitement level. I was out there last month for a wedding and everywhere I went it was Blues this and Blues that. It's kind of fun after this little dry spell. I'm just hoping for a better end result than '99-2000. That was a pretty good regular season as well.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

And you're right about the excitement level. I was out there last month for a wedding and everywhere I went it was Blues this and Blues that. It's kind of fun after this little dry spell. I'm just hoping for a better end result than '99-2000. That was a pretty good regular season as well.
    With the Rams down, this city is going nuts over the Blues. I think last week's broadcast between the Blues vs. Hawks was the most watched game in the history of the Blues.

With the Rams down, this city is going nuts over the Blues. I think last week's broadcast between the Blues vs. Hawks was the most watched game in the history of the Blues.
    If I heard correctly it was also the largest crowd in Blues history, sure some of that was how well the Hawks travel, but it was also the fever for a winner.

A winning record is the best gimmick to get butts in the seats, a lot better than bobblehead nights.

A winning record is the best gimmick to get butts in the seats, a lot better than bobblehead nights.
    Would you forward that on to Misters Brown and Castellini

The Blues have always traditionaly done well at putting butts in the seats. Most of the 2000's they were top 10 in attendance. For the past two or three years they have had sell outs even when the team wasn't going well. The only downturn in the attendance happened when the previous management traded away the major assets the Blues had and turned their back on the fan base.

Bummer of a loss last night, but what do you think of Schwartz so far? Kid seems to have a fair amount of talent.

Bummer of a loss last night, but what do you think of Schwartz so far? Kid seems to have a fair amount of talent.
    That was an epic game last night. It is one of the few losses in which I didn't really feel bad about it. If last night is any indication, that would be a crazy playoff series. There were 86 hits between the two teams. That's insane for a regular season game. It was about as gutty and physical of a game I have seen all year long. Tons of fun to watch.

I agree with you about Schwartz as well. He seems to be one of those players where the puck seems to find his stick. He made some very good set up plays last night.

The Blues have done a very good job recently in aquiring scoring talent through the draft. I'm going to be interested to see what happens with this next crop of young talent come through in the next couple of years. Ty Rattie has 54 goals and 64 assists in the WHL this year. I'm also wondering if Vladimir Tarasenko is coming over next year. Many scouts are saying he is the best young Russian player since Malkin. Regardless of what happens this year, the future looks bright for the Blues.

Turn Off Ads?