Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Home Ownership Questions/Advice

Re: Home Ownership Questions/Advice

If you are waiting for the water heater or furnace to die before replacing, I can guarantee you that will happen at the most inopportune and inconvenient time.

And you will be without hot water or heat for days. That is no fun.

As Barney Fife says, nip it in the bud.

Pay attention to the open sky

2. Turn Off Ads?

Make sure you have good homeowners insurance, and theft policies. Evaluate them regularly. Make two copies of an inventory of possessions. Keep one on hand, and one at another secure location. Should the first copy be destroyed, stolen or lost. Make sure your policy covers damage from broken glass, not just replacing broken glass. Not all policies do.

Remember to change your furnace filters regularly, I choose the first day of every odd numbered month. (Of course, I have asthmatics with allergies living with me). Filters can be purchased by the case from a LOCAL hardware store much cheaper than the chains, just figure out what you need, and ask them to order them for you, you can save almost half.

Have both a home defense and emergency plan worked out. Fires, floods, severe weather, power outages, bad guys, etc, etc. Think about all of them.

If you have a basement with a sump pump does it have battery backup?
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    If you have a basement with a sump pump does it have battery backup?
    +10000
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

A Little to the Left Redsfaithful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    If you are waiting for the water heater or furnace to die before replacing, I can guarantee you that will happen at the most inopportune and inconvenient time.

And you will be without hot water or heat for days. That is no fun.

As Barney Fife says, nip it in the bud.
    This is what my gut was telling me, I think you are right.

Looking into contracting with an HVAC company also, thanks everyone.
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    --Oscar Wilde

Turn Off Ads?