Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One more move?

One more move?

Anyone else think that there might be one more move in store? Above and beyond an infielder (it's assumed it will probably be Theriot). Bringing in Manny Ramirez as a potential pinch-hitter etc might add an extra bat. Cespedes looks off the radar now, though, although who knows if the purse strings are opened up a little bit more what could happen...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: One more move?

I would prefer keppinger over theriot. Fans loved kep when he was in cinci and he is a great contact hitter who can spell phillips, rolen, and cozart on thier days off.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

JUST SAY NO TO MANNY!!!!! He is a problem as an everyday player. Then to have him as a pinch hitter. He goes back to being Manny by the end of April. I like Keppinger, think he would be a solid pick up.

I think the Reds and Jocketty are done for the off season. They need to settle their arbitration cases and may sign a few more guys to minor league deals, but that's it. The Ludwick signing filled the 40 man roster, and I doubt that the Reds will drop anybody off of it to pick up another player.

Who ever signs manny is a DA though it wouldn't surprise me if dusty wanted him.

Quote Originally Posted by alett12 View Post
    I would prefer keppinger over theriot. Fans loved kep when he was in cinci and he is a great contact hitter who can spell phillips, rolen, and cozart on thier days off.
    who cares if you make contact if you only get on base 30% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by alett12 View Post
    Would love to see Kepp back in a Reds uni. Big plus over Theriot. I think he'd love to come back.

Come on Walt, bring back the fan favorite.

Vottobot

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Atl View Post
    Would love to see Kepp back in a Reds uni. Big plus over Theriot. I think he'd love to come back.

Come on Walt, bring back the fan favorite.
    yea cause i have a kepp jersey thats just not getting use, although he probably wouldn't get #27 back because of Rolen haha
    Go Redlegs!!

Let's bring Freel out of retirement!!
    .......and this one belongs to the Reds!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Let's bring Freel out of retirement!!
    Well since we are considering bringing some fellas out of retirement we could use a shortstop, and a captain.

We haven't given the #11 to anyone else since he left.

It always bothered me that he finished with 198 hrs and 960 rbis anyway. A good solid 7 hr and 42 rbi season will give him more HOF credentials with 205 hrs and 1002 rbis!

everyone keeps saying sign Ryan Theriot... I say we're done and let 's get started beating up on the NL central !

I think we should sign either Theriot or Keppinger for a couple of reasons. Both are proven Vets that aren't pass their prime. Both can play multiple positions in the infield to keep everyone fresh. If Cozart was to get hurt for a prolonged period of time, I would feel more comfortable with Theriot or Keppinger at SS not Janish or Frazier. Keppinger is a former Red and Theriot has played for winners as did Orlando Cabrera. Just $.02

It's prolly going to be Theriot but what about bringing O-Cab back or even Vizquel. they both would be cheap, and we really only need someone who can play some defense. Janish was supposed to be a D kinda guy but he was close to horrible defensively last year.

Quote Originally Posted by DGullett35 View Post
    It's prolly going to be Theriot but what about bringing O-Cab back or even Vizquel. they both would be cheap, and we really only need someone who can play some defense. Janish was supposed to be a D kinda guy but he was close to horrible defensively last year.
    Paul Janish was not even close to being a horrible defensive player last year. Where are these misconceptions born?

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.asp...rs=0&sort=21,d

If you look at all NL shortstops that played 700 or more innings - roughly half a season's worth - you will find Paul Janish at the top of the list defensively. Oh, by the way, if you are looking for Ryan Theriot he is at the bottom.

My vote again is for Kepp. With the great off season Walt brought us, we actually have a great team going into 2012.

2B B.Phillips
    SS Z.Cozart
    1B J.Votto
    LF Ludwick/Heisey
    RF J.Bruce
    3B S.Rolen
    C D.Mesoraco
    CF D.Stubbs
    Pitcher

BP will channel Larkin as a leader and lead off guy. Cozart will continue to hit to contact and be fine in the two hole. Ludwick and Heisey will break up the lefties that Dusty loves so much. Rolen is past his prime and would have less pressure in the 6 hole. And I love the idea of Stubbs batting 8th.

SP1 J.Cueto
    SP2 M.Latos
    SP3 B.Arroyo
    SP4 H.Bailey
    SP5 M.Leake

Latos might end up being our number one, but Cueto deserves it for now. Arroyo will bounce back being healthy. Love mixing the heat and the nibblers and giving the nod to Bronson as the vetaran. And who wouldn't love a #5 to be as good as Leake? Chapman will learn how to be a starter at AAA and be in the mix after June.

BP S.LeCure
    BP L.Ondrusek
    BP J.Arredondo
    BP B.Bray
    BP N.Masset
    SU S.Marshall
    CL R.Madson

That bullpen is sick. Best since the Nasty Boys.

BN R.Hanigan C
    BN Ludwick/Heisey OF
    BN M.Cairo IF/OF
    BN J.Francisco IF
    BN J. Keppinger IF

Kepp would shore up this bench by playing all infield positions and the guy has always been able to hit. Will fit nicely in the two hole to back up Cozart.

I really like this team.
    Last edited by Red in Atl; 01-18-2012 at 12:27 PM.

Turn Off Ads?