Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: One more move?

Re: One more move?

Quote Originally Posted by sdwagers View Post
    everyone keeps saying sign Ryan Theriot... I say we're done and let 's get started beating up on the NL central !
    It can't come soon enough. The cards lost Pujols, the Brewers lost Fielder and the Cubs are still the Cubs!
    Bring on 2018! #%?*!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alett12 View Post
    Ok, then how is Theriot any better?
    Theriot's not better at all--I don't want him either. I want Janish to be the backup to Cozart, with Frazier the emergency third guy if one of the first two go down.

I think the reds have to be the favorites to win the division going into this year, even with the cards getting wainright back and bringing in beltran

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    Theriot's not better at all--I don't want him either. I want Janish to be the backup to Cozart, with Frazier the emergency third guy if one of the first two go down.
    I agree but differ slightly. I too want no part of Theriot but I'd like Frazier on the big club and Janish stashed in Louisville. With the addition of Harris it almost dooms Frasier to Louisville as well. Historically in recent seasons the Reds have only carried 5 bench players sans pitchers. Three of those spots are spoken for by Cairo, Mesoraco and Heisey. The remaining two spots will be filled by the group of Francisco, Frazier, Janish and Harris.

I would hope the Reds keep Francisco on the big club but if not it won't hurt him to play every day at third and get all those AB's. IMO Janish should be kept in Louisville for a call up in the event there is an injury to Cozart causing him to miss multiple games. Leaving one of Harris and Frazier to fill the remaining spot. Again, it wouldn't hurt Frazier to play every day but I would prefer him on the big club.

However, my expectations are that they choose to keep Janish and Harris who both bring no pop and little offense off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRV View Post
    I agree but differ slightly. I too want no part of Theriot but I'd like Frazier on the big club and Janish stashed in Louisville. With the addition of Harris it almost dooms Frasier to Louisville as well. Historically in recent seasons the Reds have only carried 5 bench players sans pitchers. Three of those spots are spoken for by Cairo, Mesoraco and Heisey. The remaining two spots will be filled by the group of Francisco, Frazier, Janish and Harris.

I would hope the Reds keep Francisco on the big club but if not it won't hurt him to play every day at third and get all those AB's. IMO Janish should be kept in Louisville for a call up in the event there is an injury to Cozart causing him to miss multiple games. Leaving one of Harris and Frazier to fill the remaining spot. Again, it wouldn't hurt Frazier to play every day but I would prefer him on the big club.

However, my expectations are that they choose to keep Janish and Harris who both bring no pop and little offense off the bench.
    I agree with Fazier backing up Cozart but i disagree with the willy harris comment, they would need to clear a spot off the 40 man to get him on.

Turn Off Ads?