Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Basketball

Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Bob Knight is doing the IU game tonight on ESPN. What do you IU fans think about that? Has he even been to an IU game since his departure?
    He was in the building when they beat Pitt at Madison Square Garden a couple of years ago, but not announcing. He was just an analyst between games.

This is the first game he's "attending"

I'm probably a bit of a different fan experience because I grew up a UC fan and only switched to Indiana in 1996 when I started attending. So while most Hoosier fans I know have fond memories of 1987, 1992 or (pre Alan Henderson injury) 1993, my most vivid Knight memories are of him being grumpy, ineffective and grumpy about being ineffective.

With that as pre-text. I understand why he was mad at Indiana up through the Kelvin Sampson era. However, since Fred Glass took over as AD and especially since Crean has been hired, IU has bent over backwards to bring him back into the fold.

If he doesn't want to be associated with the program now, that's too bad but it's on him. Even if he now wants to be associated with the program, then he's quite honestly just a bandwagon fan who didn't want to be associated with the team when it was committed to doing things the "right way" and going 6-25, but is happy to jump on board now that they're ranked #1.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

A lot of rumors that Perea and Jurkin have won their appeals and will be eligible to play tonight.
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Thought they played ok the last two nights, not great but good enough. I think Hulls was the only one who played really well both games.

They kinda got lucky that GTown went cold from the 3pt line in OT because they really didn't do anything better in OT defensively. I think there are going to be games this year where Hulls and Yogi can't be on the floor at the same time.

It's good to see Creek back, that dude's been through a lot in his basketball life and I think he can be a solid contributor this season.

It'll be interesting to see Crean's rotation once Perea and Jurkin get back.

That was a good early test for the young guys. I look forward to UNC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Considering that they were outsized by the Georgetown players, I think they played extremely well.

Sheehey is quite frustrating. For the first ten minutes of the second half he couldn't do anything right and then he makes a couple of amazing plays. I'd also like to see Remi Abell get more touches, he's got a great 3 point shot.

I must also say I enjoyed Bob Knight much more than the tired act of Dick Vitale. Knight made a number of great points about the actual game. Vitale just talked as if Knight should still be coaching the Hoosiers -- as an alumni I can say I'm much happier with Crean at this point.
    Where we gonna go?

How many times did he say Hulls "would be perfect in a Bobby Knight system!" ? I thought it was dumb the first time he said it and then he just kept saying it.

Agreed. If we're going to talk about how a player would perform under Bob Knight's system, I demand to also know how they'd perform under Branch McCracken.

Sheehey and Oladipo would be stellar under Kelvin Sampson's system. They both get HIGH. <Oh wait, scratch that, they're a different kind of high>

I'm excited for tonight. I don't think UNC is as bad as they looked against Butler, so I wouldn't be surprised if IU lost tonight.

On another note, I don't think I'd have voted for IU to be #1 this week. I know it's mostly meaningless and for fun but Duke would certainly have my vote.

I think IU just beat the 2013 NIT champs.

Indiana is really freakin' good.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I think IU just beat the 2013 NIT champs.

LOL, funny. But that is only contingent that Butler aint in the NIT field.

I was listening to the student sports show on WIUX this morning and one of the kids was really worried that Cody Zeller wasn't averaging 23-25 points a game.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

That's funny SunDeck. Its funny but I actually wondered when he came back if he might regret the decision because his stats were not likely to go up.

From everything I've heard, he's not one to overly worry about draft position, and he seems to truly enjoy being BMOC, but it will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    I was listening to the student sports show on WIUX this morning and one of the kids was really worried that Cody Zeller wasn't averaging 23-25 points a game.
    You should have called in and asked him to name the last post player on a top 10 team that averaged that many points a game.

There could be a glaring one I'm over looking but I can't off the top of my head think of who that would be.

NL Central champs
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    You should have called in and asked him to name the last post player on a top 10 team that averaged that many points a game.

There could be a glaring one I'm over looking but I can't off the top of my head think of who that would be.

I believe Tyler Hansbrough had about that many points for a year or two, but it is ridiculous to expect that many points out of Zeller on a team with as much talent as Indiana.

Quote Originally Posted by VottoFan54 View Post
    I believe Tyler Hansbrough had about that many points for a year or two, but it is ridiculous to expect that many points out of Zeller on a team with as much talent as Indiana.
    Harangody, Blake Griffin and Michael Beasley come to mind also (not sure where their teams were ranked)... But seeing those 4 guys listed kinda reinforces Razor's point either way.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Turn Off Ads?