Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Basketball

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

Big Ten COY?

Heck, why not National COY?
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

2. Turn Off Ads?

No love for Bill Carmody at Northwestern?

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    If they make the tournament I'd not have a problem with that, but I think Crean is going to win, probably national as well.

Great win yesterday against a hot Purdue team. However, IU did not play a great 2nd half. Granted, they played beyond what one could have expected during the 1st half.

I know the Hoosiers love to play the uptempo game, but when you have a lead late and the score is close, you need to slow it down and burn some of the clock. I don't see IU doing that enough.

Still, it's so great to see a sweep of the Boilermarkers.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Still, it's so great to see a sweep of the Boilermarkers.
    I might disagree with that part , but it was nice to have both teams good and the game somewhat relevant. Outside of that one year when Hummel was a freshman and IU had Gordon, it really hasn't been for a long time. I look forward to this rivalry in the next couple of years.

IU looked good and really is the better team this year. I might even have to root for them in the tourney. (I think I am going to be sick now)

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Why? He hasn't done anything special this year that they haven't done in the past several years. Outside of the Michigan State game, I don't see anything special. Crean deserves the credit more, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    Tom Crean has to be BT COY, right?
    I don't know. I think Izzo and Beline have taken their clubs to a place where very few thought they could be. Carmody is close to doing something Northwestern has never done before.

I think Crean gets it though.

Quote Originally Posted by rdiersin View Post
    I might disagree with that part , but it was nice to have both teams good and the game somewhat relevant. Outside of that one year when Hummel was a freshman and IU had Gordon, it really hasn't been for a long time. I look forward to this rivalry in the next couple of years.

IU looked good and really is the better team this year. I might even have to root for them in the tourney. (I think I am going to be sick now)
    I like it when both teams are in the top twenty, battling it out.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    I like it when both teams are in the top twenty, battling it out.
    The mid to late 80's and early 90's games were great. I think at that time basketball wise IU/Purdue had to be one of the best rivalries.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Stat geek...and proud
    Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    The mid to late 80's and early 90's games were great. I think at that time basketball wise IU/Purdue had to be one of the best rivalries.
    I still remember the game in Bloomington in 88 when Knight benched a bunch of guys, because they were struggling a bit, Calloway and Smart mostly, and the bench guys got ahead of Purdue with Troy Lewis and Stephens and those guys something like 33-12 and barely held off a mega rally at the end. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I don't know. I think Izzo and Beline have taken their clubs to a place where very few thought they could be. Carmody is close to doing something Northwestern has never done before.

I think Crean gets it though.
    Izzo got the nod, but I'm not sure I agree that few thought he'd have a top 3team.

Similarly, while I've loved every minute of this teams bounce back to relevancy, in terms of exceeding expectations, IU did a little bit better than forecast. THey were picked in the pre-season to finish 9th and finished fifth. tMSU was picked to finish 4th and finished tied for 1st. Michigan was picked to finish 3rd, and likewise finished in the tie for first.

I get the line of thinking that it's rare for a coach who finished fifth to get coach of the year, but in my mind, Beilein had fewer "raw materials" to work with than Izzo.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

The worst news is confirmed, Verdell Jones III tore his ACL yesterday. Brutal blow for a kid that has endured his share of slings and arrows and was about to play in his first tournament. Hope the team takes the tough news and reacts positively.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...s-iii-acl-tear
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Gottlieb picking NMSU to beat IU is about as predictable as the sun coming up tomorrow.

I almost wish IU would have gotten hosed in their seeding, just so I could complain about it. It's been so long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

On to the Sweet 16.

2002--the last Sweet 16 appearance--seems like a lifetime ago.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Turn Off Ads?