Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 68 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Basketball

Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

Landon Turner... I never knew the name until reading this page...

When I was 18 I was heading to Columbus from Greensburg on a date. I thought I was through the curves, accelerated to 60, and saw that there was a 25 MPH S Curve sign at the last minute.

The cop that investigated the accident said that we were lucky to be alive, and that the car had flipped between a few trees that would have stopped it in mid-air similar to the way you would carry a mattress and box springs up a flight of stairs with a turn...

I was later told that an IU player had been paralyzed on the same stretch of road... Now I know who it was. Brings back some crazy memories... I remember watching (I was purely a passenger at that point) the sky, ground, sky, ground through the windshield before we finally landed on the wheels (breaking both axles)...

I only sprained my ankle even though we flipped bumper over bumper 2 times... Makes me feel even more lucky now.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post

When I was 18 I was heading to Columbus from Greensburg on a date. I thought I was through the curves, accelerated to 60, and saw that there was a 25 MPH S Curve sign at the last minute.

The cop that investigated the accident said that we were lucky to be alive, and that the car had flipped between a few trees that would have stopped it in mid-air similar to the way you would carry a mattress and box springs up a flight of stairs with a turn...

I was later told that an IU player had been paralyzed on the same stretch of road... Now I know who it was. Brings back some crazy memories... I remember watching (I was purely a passenger at that point) the sky, ground, sky, ground through the windshield before we finally landed on the wheels (breaking both axles)...

I only sprained my ankle even though we flipped bumper over bumper 2 times... Makes me feel even more lucky now.
    You're from Greensburg?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    You're from Greensburg?

Live in Indy now, but graduated from there in 2000

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Not to derail this thread, but there used to be a restaurant in Greensburg I think called The Pines? I think it's gone now. I remember going there a bunch when I grew up. All of my nonimmediate family lives in Cincinnati and I lived in Indianapolis most of my childhood and Greensburg was halfway so sometimes we would meet at The Pines (I think it was called).

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post

Are these the curves that wind around the Flatrock Creek, just west of Hartsville? If so, you may be pleased to know INDOT re-routed the road and has eliminated them. Thankfully. And thanks for the info about Turner; I didn't know that's where his accident was.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Interesting stuff fellas. Turner was an enigma for 2 1/2 years at IU. He was always in and out of Knight's doghouse. That '81 team was highly touted at the beginning of the season but struggled early and headed into B1G play at 7-5. Suddenly a light bulb went on in Landon's head, and he was a force. They stormed through the opponents on their way to the title that year. I truly believe that had that tradgedy not happened that Landon Turner would have been a high caliber NBA player upon his graduation. As a gesture to how good they thought he was, Red Auerbach of the Celtics drafted him with a late round draft pick after the accident.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Are these the curves that wind around the Flatrock Creek, just west of Hartsville? If so, you may be pleased to know INDOT re-routed the road and has eliminated them. Thankfully. And thanks for the info about Turner; I didn't know that's where his accident was.
    Yup... I wrecked on the final curve before the bridge over the creek... landed right next to the water.

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

IU announced that both Watford and Zeller are officially coming back.
    The B1G is going to be stacked next year but it's certainly looks like everything is coming together for IU.

Now the question is who gets the boot to fix scholarship crunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Now the question is who gets the boot to fix scholarship crunch.
    Didn't the Big Ten officially ban that type of behavior among its bretheren?

Next year sure will be an exciting season. IU should be ranked preseason top 5. Anyone know the last time IU was ranked preseason top 5? I'm pretty sure they were ranked decently preseason the year Gordon was there, but I don't think it was top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Didn't the Big Ten officially ban that type of behavior among its bretheren?
    Nope. You're allowed to oversign by 1.
    My guess is if no one transfers, either Ron Patterson or Peter Jurking will go to prep school for a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Next year sure will be an exciting season. IU should be ranked preseason top 5. Anyone know the last time IU was ranked preseason top 5? I'm pretty sure they were ranked decently preseason the year Gordon was there, but I don't think it was top 5.
    If memory serves me right they were #9 AP preseason the year Gordon was there. I would have to say it would have been the 92-93 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    If memory serves me right they were #9 AP preseason the year Gordon was there. I would have to say it would have been the 92-93 season.
    Wow, that was a lifetime ago!

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Wow, that was a lifetime ago!
    LOL........I did look it up. It was the 92-93 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    LOL........I did look it up. It was the 92-93 season.
    When that season would have started (or that preseason rank had come out), Bush the elder was still president for crying out loud!

Turn Off Ads?