Turn Off Ads?
Page 42 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Basketball

Stat geek...and proud
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Not sure if that's the best idea for him.
    Tyler is a solid rotation player in Cleveland, and if Cody fills out a little more I think Cody has better skills, so he may be a project, but I think he'll be OK. Not a star but a solid rotation guy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Not sure if that's the best idea for him.
    Of course it is. Even if he improves he will still most likely be drafted lower next year than this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Re: Indiana 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Of course it is. Even if he improves he will still most likely be drafted lower next year than this year.

This draft is considerably weaker than what next years will be. If Zeller stayed this year, he might as well just stay four years. I actually wouldn;t have been shocked if the Big Handsome would have been a four year player.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

IU fans must be sick. They had one season in which to end their drought, and they didn't even come close. How long do you guys give Crean? Other than being a really creepy guy, he doesn't appear to be much of a coach. IU deserves better.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    IU fans must be sick. They had one season in which to end their drought, and they didn't even come close. How long do you guys give Crean? Other than being a really creepy guy, he doesn't appear to be much of a coach. IU deserves better.

I certainly can't speak for all I.U fans, but no offense, this is silly. Last year was Crean's only chance to win a title at IU? Seriously?

Rather than expound on this again, I'll simply refer you to posts #590 and #597.
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 04-11-2013 at 01:35 AM.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Are you referring to a national championship drought? Because although Crean hasn't done that yet, he has again placed IU as one of the elite programs in the country, which it hasn't been since Knight was fired. They won the Big 10 title for the first time in 20 years. IU has a top recruiting class coming in next year. And Crean will continue to bring in top recruiting classes. Considering where the program was 5 years ago, I don't know how IU fans could be anything be enthusiastic.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post

Likely so, but I think developing before getting to the NBA would've been in his best interest. He's got major flaws IMO, ones that have been discussed the past couple pages.

Hopefully he develops fast, otherwise he might end up washing out before he gets a real chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Are you referring to a national championship drought? Because although Crean hasn't done that yet, he has again placed IU as one of the elite programs in the country, which it hasn't been since Knight was fired. They won the Big 10 title for the first time in 20 years. IU has a top recruiting class coming in next year. And Crean will continue to bring in top recruiting classes. Considering where the program was 5 years ago, I don't know how IU fans could be anything be enthusiastic.
    Really? A Sweet 16 means you are one of the elite programs in the Country?

Congrats Florida Gulf Coast, LaSalle, and Oregon!!!

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

A perennial Sweet 16 program in a position to bring in Top Ten rated recruited classes, and actually accomplishing such, qualifies as an Elite program.

As of now, FCC, LaSalle and Oregon haven't. That is the difference.

After falling short of the Sweet 16, Is UNC no longer an Elite Program? A rational thinking College CBB fan will say "yes".
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 04-11-2013 at 11:06 AM.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Anybody sick over the status of the program is delusional. Just curious why you would believe the window was only one year?

It's a lot like we mentioned with the Reds for years, if everything has to go exactly right in one year, you've probably got a bad plan. What a program needs to do is replenish its talent with a consistent run of 4-5-6 man classes. Some of the talent will not work out, some of the talent will skip to the NBA after a year or 2 or 3 and some of it will develop over the course of 4 years.

Then it all comes down to how well each group meshes together and of course a little luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Really? A Sweet 16 means you are one of the elite programs in the Country?

Congrats Florida Gulf Coast, LaSalle, and Oregon!!!
    IU was ranked #1 for most of the season and won the most difficult conference in college basketball. They peaked too early, but they were the best team in the nation for a good part of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Anybody sick over the status of the program is delusional. Just curious why you would believe the window was only one year?

It's a lot like we mentioned with the Reds for years, if everything has to go exactly right in one year, you've probably got a bad plan. What a program needs to do is replenish its talent with a consistent run of 4-5-6 man classes. Some of the talent will not work out, some of the talent will skip to the NBA after a year or 2 or 3 and some of it will develop over the course of 4 years.

Then it all comes down to how well each group meshes together and of course a little luck.
    The whole "were better off now than we were 5 years ago" line of thinking is getting old. Your IU basketball, you supposed to be good. It takes 1-2 years to build a club from nothing to something, especially with IU's pedigree.

IU may have tough sledding next season. Losing Hulls, Oladipo, Zeller and Watford is going to be a tough task to overcome. The only guy currently on their roster who has a chance at becoming a B1G award winner next season is Ferrell.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    The whole "were better off now than we were 5 years ago" line of thinking is getting old. Your IU basketball, you supposed to be good. It takes 1-2 years to build a club from nothing to something, especially with IU's pedigree.

IU may have tough sledding next season. Losing Hulls, Oladipo, Zeller and Watford is going to be a tough task to overcome. The only guy currently on their roster who has a chance at becoming a B1G award winner next season is Ferrell.
    It's not a quick turnaround when you have to start from scratch. And the program right now is better off than it has been since Knight was there. Sure they had a great run under Davis in 2002, but that was fool's gold. Davis was a horrible coach, and what followed was not surprising.

Next year's team will not be as good as this year's was, but they still have a good chance to be very good. Sheehey will be an above average starter. They have a 6'9" freshman coming in that is a projected 2014 lottery pick. And they have 2 other 6'8" guys who were top 40 recruits last year. They will need contributions from somewhat unknown commodities, but the talent is there. They won't be as good as OSU or MSU, but those two teams could easily be top 5.

15. Likes:

thatcoolguy_22 (04-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post

I agree. But I'm not sure what in my post says that IU is in good shape only relative to 5 years ago.

And next year will be a new challenge. Replacing 4 different 1,000 point scorers will require a lot of people to perform more consistently. But I'm still not sure why that means the window was one year. If they don't continue to improve next year, the programs' slated to go down hill forever?
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Another brilliant post, Steinberg.

^Get out your Arrested Development quotes, it comes back May 26th.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 04-11-2013 at 05:30 PM.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?