Turn Off Ads?
Page 39 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Basketball

Re: Indiana 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 Basketball

Looking forward to watching my Dukes go up against the Hoosiers on Friday! Try to take it easy on us, huh? We're not used to this postseason stuff.

Here's to a good game!
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Looking forward to watching my Dukes go up against the Hoosiers on Friday! Try to take it easy on us, huh? We're not used to this postseason stuff.

Here's to a good game!

I figured if the Dukes could just keep it close at the half until Goins returned to action, they'd pull it off.

It's been awhile, but JMU has a Giant-killing NCAA tourney history.

I remember all too well.

1994 0-1 Lost to Florida in first round, 64-62

1983 1-1 Defeated West Virginia in first round, 57-50
    Lost to North Carolina in second round, 68-49

1982 1-1 Defeated Ohio State in first round, 55-48
    Lost to North Carolina in second round, 52-50

1981 1-1 Defeated Georgetown in first round, 61-55
    Lost to Notre Dame in second round, 54-45
    http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...y/_/team1/6261

IMHO, though, the '91 team with Steve Hood was the best JMU team that I can recall. Alas, they were upset by Navy in the Conference tourney and relegated to the N.I.T.
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 03-21-2013 at 12:40 AM.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Speaking of Rayshawn Goins, JMU's 6-6 265lb forward, I believe that he is precisely the type of enforcer that I.U needs. IMHO, that is about the only major chink in IU's armour.

The hope was that Masquera-Perea would fill that role, but I believe that he ( in the future ) at least has the ability to provide IU - and this comparison dates back quite a while ago to my Senior Year of High School in '86 - what Andre Harris provided - an athletic shot blocking presence at PF.

But unfortunately, Andre Harris wound up flunking out of school.
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 03-21-2013 at 12:44 AM.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Andre Harris? Now that is a blast from the past!

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post

I figured if the Dukes could just keep it close at the half until Goins returned to action, they'd pull it off.

It's been awhile, but JMU has a Giant-killing NCAA tourney history.

I remember all too well.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...y/_/team1/6261

IMHO, though, the '91 team with Steve Hood was the best JMU team that I can recall. Alas, they were upset by Navy in the Conference tourney and relegated to the N.I.T.
    I was a senior at JMU that year. Those were the days.
    -Air Supply

Stat geek...and proud
    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Andre Harris? Now that is a blast from the past!
    Andre Harris can jump over the rim but he calls all the managers by the name of Jim!

That's a Season on the Brink reference for those who haven't read it, BTW.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD

8. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-21-2013)

Congrats, Hoosiers! Future looks bright for us with Cooke and Nation, but the Dukes were definitely overmatched.
    -Air Supply

10. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-22-2013)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Congrats, Hoosiers! Future looks bright for us with Cooke and Nation, but the Dukes were definitely overmatched.
    You fellas never gave up the entire game. Congrats to the Dukes on a great season, and best of luck to ya in the years to come.

12. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-22-2013),RichRed (03-22-2013)

I am excited for the sweet sixteen game and will be in attendance on Thursday night. Hopefully, IU will play like they did the last 3 minutes of today's game.
    Where we gonna go?

*crickets*

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

15. Likes:

WMR (03-29-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    *crickets*

That's what Kirkwood ave. sounds like this morning. Just a note, on my way in I realized that Bloomington recently passed an ordinance against keeping sofas, recliners and such on front porches, which may explain why I didn't notice any smoldering heaps in front yards.

What a turd they laid, but congratulations should go to Boeheim for putting the clamp down on another high powered offense. I suppose any astute UC fan might have been able to warn the Hoosier faithful what was coming, but having not been paying attention to the Big East for a couple years, I had forgotten how nasty that zone could be. It was unsolvable for IU.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    *crickets*

FUUUUUUUUDGE!
    There you have it. Just a complete debacle from start to finish. Team looked flustered from the opening tip. Not sure where they go from here.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

I hate the zone in general, think its a lazy defense and would only play it if my personnel left me no option to play man D. So few programs still even play zone other than to switch things up. But the Syracuse zone is different. And it was smothering last night. Having watched my team fall with a bad matchup come tourney time, I felt really bad for the Hoosiers last night.

Great season guys, hate to see it end that way.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I hate the zone in general, think its a lazy defense and would only play it if my personnel left me no option to play man D. So few programs still even play zone other than to switch things up. But the Syracuse zone is different. And it was smothering last night. Having watched my team fall with a bad matchup come tourney time, I felt really bad for the Hoosiers last night.

Great season guys, hate to see it end that way.
    The way Louisville and Syracuse play zone, it's far from lazy. In fact, I'm pretty sure man-to-man would be easier.

Boeheim is the best zone coach I've ever seen. Plus he recruits the type of players that fit into the zone. They aren't the most gifted offensive team and occasionally they are awful on that end of the floor, but usually the zone overcomes their deficiencies. Zeller's lack of upper body strength and his tendency to hold the ball low when going up for an inside shot played into Syracuse's hands, but he'll get better. IU had a great season and they are not the first high quality team to get knocked out. Such is life ... they'll be back, but that's no consolation to them, I am sure.

"Kids are always chasing rainbows, but baseball is a world where you can catch them." ~
    Johnny Vander Meer

21. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-30-2013)

Turn Off Ads?