Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 68 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Basketball

That went about as expected. Nice season. Going to the sweet 16 as a 4 and losing to number 1 overall is nothing to complain about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Stat geek...and proud
    I'm so proud of this team and the year we had. Lost to a better team tonight but we left it all out on that floor. Nobody on that team needs to hang their head for the way they played tonight. Kentucky is just too good.

Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

I'm glad u guys are "back." College basketball is better when Indiana is Indiana. Great season. Go cats.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

part of BBN

Just want to say to the IU fans, that was a great game and you would have beat most any other team in the country last night.
    As I set there and watched that, I wondered how IU had lost the games they had during the season.
    I dont follow IU so I may get theses names spelled wrong but you will know who I am talking about.
    Zeller is a force to be reckoned with on the inside.
    The other one that impressed me greatly is Oladeepo. Every time he drove the ball, he seemed to score. Watford has a strange shot release but it seems to go in more often than not. The guy who ran the point is very impressive too.
    IU is certainly back and getting better. It will be easier to root for them too with Crean there as opposed to Knight or Davis for that matter.
    UK and IU played 2 classic games this season !

I think it's kind of funny that Crean and Calipari are good friends, given the stuff that's been said here.
    Just sayin'.

Very happy for the Hoosiers. Bloomington is more fun when this team is playing well, and although I think most IU fans have a somewhat anachronistic viewpoint about what big time college sports really is, I do appreciate the fact that they truly have an expectation for running a clean program that you won't find everywhere.
    As for Crean, being a UC alum, I watched the guy with interest when he kept frustrating the heck out of Huggin's teams and had hoped he could have been brought in to replace him, so I was really optimistic to see him brought in at IU. He's in the midst of bringing the Hoosier family back together again and it's really fun to watch from close up.

Also: I'm at work in downtown B-town this morning and one of our "no smoking" signs did end up at Taco bell three blocks from here....but at least the Showalter fountain fish are safe and sound.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

It was one of the most purist cbb games I have seen in a long time. 35-37 free throws is hard to overcome but the Hoosiers kept it interesting. Great ball game.

I really hope it stays this way for UK and IU. It has been an intense rivalry for along time. And it is even better when both programs are Top 5 caliber. The heck with Duke-UNC, I want UK-IU.

I'd start by keeping the games at the home courts and not in places like Indy. A big part of Duke/UNC is Cameron Indoor, which is like watching a game inside a high school arena, but with the noise of an airport runway. Assembly Hall in the first IU/UK game this year finally reached that decibel level again- good to see the students turning out and going crazy. Watching all the red sweaters and white hair with their arms crossed all game was getting pretty depressing.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    I'd start by keeping the games at the home courts and not in places like Indy. A big part of Duke/UNC is Cameron Indoor, which is like watching a game inside a high school arena, but with the noise of an airport runway. Assembly Hall in the first IU/UK game this year finally reached that decibel level again- good to see the students turning out and going crazy. Watching all the red sweaters and white hair with their arms crossed all game was getting pretty depressing.
    I do believe when they played those games on "neutral" floors it was all about ticket sales.

IU/UK is a tad bit different than Duke/NC. They are neighboring states that do not play in the same conference, and they are 2 storied programs. The only comparison I can think of on their rivalry plane does not exist anymore. And that would be Texas/Oklahoma in football, but now they are in the same conference. Missouri/Illinois is about the only other one that comes close in CBB, but they aint got banners hanging in their arenas.

I guess what I am saying is that Duke/UNC is like IU/Purdue, Kansas/Kansas St., Texas/Texas A&m......the difference being that Duke/UNC are both perenniel Top Ten teams.

IU/UK is something different out there. I dont care where the game is played at. I just want it to get back to where it was in the 70's, 80's, and early 90's. And that was where the whole nation was watching them on a Saturday afternoon in December. It looks like it is back to that.

Great season for IU basketball. IU played a great game and for that, I can't be too upset. In a lot of respects, I think it may have been the best game they played offensively all season. 90 points against Kentucky was a season high against them.

I think their downfall was a.) their 3 point shooting wasn't a factor, b.) their defense didn't show up (or they were overmatched--could be either), c.) Zeller wasn't as aggressive or as involved in the 2nd half and d.) Kentucky was just sick from the charity stripe. 95% from the line with over 30 attempts? Ridiculous.

I have to agree with jmac. I honestly believe that if IU had played anyone else last night not named Kentucky, I think they would have won.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Great season for IU basketball. IU played a great game and for that, I can't be too upset. In a lot of respects, I think it may have been the best game they played offensively all season. 90 points against Kentucky was a season high against them.

I think their downfall was a.) their 3 point shooting wasn't a factor, b.) their defense didn't show up (or they were overmatched--could be either), c.) Zeller wasn't as aggressive or as involved in the 2nd half and d.) Kentucky was just sick from the charity stripe. 95% from the line with over 30 attempts? Ridiculous.

I have to agree with jmac. I honestly believe that if IU had played anyone else last night not named Kentucky, I think they would have won.
    I agree with a lot of this analysis. A friend of mine said before the game that IU had played about 4 or 5 games all season that would beat the "average" Kentucky performance. I think they played another one last night. Unfortunately Kentucky just played well above it's exceptional average.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I do believe when they played those games on "neutral" floors it was all about ticket sales.

IU/UK is a tad bit different than Duke/NC. They are neighboring states that do not play in the same conference, and they are 2 storied programs. The only comparison I can think of on their rivalry plane does not exist anymore. And that would be Texas/Oklahoma in football, but now they are in the same conference. Missouri/Illinois is about the only other one that comes close in CBB, but they aint got banners hanging in their arenas.

I guess what I am saying is that Duke/UNC is like IU/Purdue, Kansas/Kansas St., Texas/Texas A&m......the difference being that Duke/UNC are both perenniel Top Ten teams.

IU/UK is something different out there. I dont care where the game is played at. I just want it to get back to where it was in the 70's, 80's, and early 90's. And that was where the whole nation was watching them on a Saturday afternoon in December. It looks like it is back to that.
    I'm glad somebody brought this up because I was wondering where IU stood on this.

UK is looking into changing up their schedule next season and is likely dropping UNC due to a large number of road games/neutral site games. Cal is wanting the matchup to go back to the original neutral site format which would likely be in Louisville/Indianapolis.

I actually wouldn't mind doing the yearly Freedom Hall game every year against Indiana. Politics might be the only thing that would stand in the way (state of Kentucky getting revenue), but with Indiana right across the state border, its a neutral location and UK/IU fans would be split 50/50. Think of it as The Red River Rivalry in basketball. One location every year and a tradition to boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I'm glad somebody brought this up because I was wondering where IU stood on this.

UK is looking into changing up their schedule next season and is likely dropping UNC due to a large number of road games/neutral site games. Cal is wanting the matchup to go back to the original neutral site format which would likely be in Louisville/Indianapolis.

I actually wouldn't mind doing the yearly Freedom Hall game every year against Indiana. Politics might be the only thing that would stand in the way (state of Kentucky getting revenue), but with Indiana right across the state border, its a neutral location and UK/IU fans would be split 50/50. Think of it as The Red River Rivalry in basketball. One location every year and a tradition to boot.
    I know back a few years ago Kentucky wanted the game to be in Indy every year due to the seating capacity.

But the neutral site thing ended when because of a scheduling conflict with the arena at Louisville, the game was played at Kentucky.

But I think Louisville would be the perfect location for the game.

Just wanted to congratulate the IU fans on a very good game the other night. IU played UK as tough as anyone. They made a lot of really difficult shots and just kept coming. You all should be really excited for the future. If Zeller and Watford come back you should be at least top 10 good, maybe top 5. IU is back and its good for all of college basketball. College Basketball needs its crown jewels to be good all the time. IU is back and now it needs UCLA back. West coast basketball isn't good at all and they need them back to being relevant.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Just wanted to congratulate the IU fans on a very good game the other night. IU played UK as tough as anyone. They made a lot of really difficult shots and just kept coming. You all should be really excited for the future. If Zeller and Watford come back you should be at least top 10 good, maybe top 5. IU is back and its good for all of college basketball. College Basketball needs its crown jewels to be good all the time. IU is back and now it needs UCLA back. West coast basketball isn't good at all and they need them back to being relevant.
    Appreciate the comments. Barring any losses to the NBA or defections. IU will return their starting 5 plus 2 key guys off the bench. Add a fine recruiting class coming in next year that includes a true point guard and they should be up there.

IU is back, but the B1G is still gonna be brutal.

I agree on the UCLA thing. Heck, even Arizona.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Appreciate the comments. Barring any losses to the NBA or defections. IU will return their starting 5 plus 2 key guys off the bench. Add a fine recruiting class coming in next year that includes a true point guard and they should be up there.

IU is back, but the B1G is still gonna be brutal.

I agree on the UCLA thing. Heck, even Arizona.
    I am beginning to think that Watford and Zeller will enter the NBA draft. Zeller if he is a top 10 pick and Watford depending on where he is going to go. This time of year you always have they guys entering the draft who shouldn't. The BIG landscape could really chanve if Watford, Zeller, Sullinger, Thomas, and Burke all decide to enter the draft.

Turn Off Ads?