Turn Off Ads?
Page 46 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Basketball

Re: Indiana 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Yes I definitely think IU should get out of the business of offering scholarships to pre-freshmen.

The good news is they likely already have. When Lyles and Blackmon committed, it was actually pretty necessary in terms of momentum towards the rebuild. Remember they committed even before Zeller, Ferrell, Perea, etc...

Now Indiana's re-established themselves as a high level program, and they're not in the desperate position they were 3-4 years ago.

From everything I've heard(which isn't much) if Exum plays in college, it will likely be at IU, but it's hard to see him bothering to play in college at all. Especially for a kid who grew up in another country, I don't think playing college ball would have that much appeal.

IU (currently) has two open scholarships for 2014. I have no doubt they'll be taken by quality players, but I refuse to get too worked up over which players specifically.
    I highly doubt we see Exum play college ball. A few months ago, he said he was 90/10 in favor of playing at a U.S. college. Recently, he's lowered that to 50/50. And now Chad Ford and co. are calling him a top three pick in next year's talented draft. The way this is trending, hard to imagine not heading directly to the NBA.

I've heard some scuttlebutt about him coming over in January. Apparently, he receives his high school diploma this winter and has considered the possibility of joining a program at that juncture. Not sure how that benefits any party involved, but it's been bandied about.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Calbert Cheaney heading to SLU to work under former Hoosier Jim Crews.

http://www.indystar.com/article/2013...6?sf16330794=1

It's odd in one sense because he turned down a similar position on Crean's staff just last year, but now accepts the one offered in St. Louis.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    There's actually a very good reason for that and you're going to feel silly after I let you in on the secret.

Tom has a rare disease that causes his body to evacuate itself like he died as soon as the final horn sounds a loss. The other Big Ten coaches are aware of this. So you see the "blow bys" are a courtesy to them. You do not want to be anywhere near Crean for more than a second before he's showered after a loss.

He spent nearly his entire salary on suits his first two seasons.

You can apologize anytime you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I bet Tom is doubled over in the locker room right now saying: "Not this early in the season, I didn't bring a change of clothes."
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

5. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-12-2013)

I find it very hard to root for Tom Creen, there is just something about him that bothers me. I found myself rooting against the Hoosiers last night, there was a time when I never missed a game now I find myself just not caring.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Well let us know when you get that figured out.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Well let us know when you get that figured out.
    Want me to draw up a list?

9. Likes:

Razor Shines (11-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I find it very hard to root for Tom Creen, there is just something about him that bothers me. I found myself rooting against the Hoosiers last night, there was a time when I never missed a game now I find myself just not caring.
    Good thing Indiana's coach is Tom Crean.

You're definitely not alone. I think his personality rubs alot of people the wrong way. A lot of the things he says come off as self-aggrandizing. He's also pretty notoriously thin skinned.
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Stat geek...and proud

Good thing Indiana's coach is Tom Crean.

You're definitely not alone. I think his personality rubs alot of people the wrong way. A lot of the things he says come off as self-aggrandizing. He's also pretty notoriously thin skinned.
    People who defend some of Coach Knight's bad behavior are annoyed with CREAN'S personality! I will never understand my home state.

And to be fair, I liked Knight too, but he's not a good guy, and his teams weren't that good from 94-95 ish on. So it was time. At least in my eyes, his act had grown tiresome about 2 years before the Kent Harvey thing.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    People who defend some of Coach Knight's bad behavior are annoyed with CREAN'S personality! I will never understand my home state.

And to be fair, I liked Knight too, but he's not a good guy, and his teams weren't that good from 94-95 ish on. So it was time. At least in my eyes, his act had grown tiresome about 2 years before the Kent Harvey thing.
    Coach Knight should have gone once he lost interest in recruiting.

I just haven't warmed up to Crean, I'm not a fan of his offense and I'm not a fan of his over signing. I am holding out hope that there is an interest in bringing in Brad Stevens if he flames out in Boston.

Stat geek...and proud

Coach Knight should have gone once he lost interest in recruiting.

I just haven't warmed up to Crean, I'm not a fan of his offense and I'm not a fan of his over signing. I am holding out hope that there is an interest in bringing in Brad Stevens if he flames out in Boston.
    That's fair. To me, no matter what happens from now I will respect Crean for being the guy who came in when the program was basically dead in the water and building it back to respectability. I'm not sure he's the guy to hang a banner though, and that's the goal here.

That's fair. To me, no matter what happens from now I will respect Crean for being the guy who came in when the program was basically dead in the water and building it back to respectability. I'm not sure he's the guy to hang a banner though, and that's the goal here.
    I respect him for rebuilding the program but doubt he leads IU to a Final Four yet alone a championship.

Stat geek...and proud

I respect him for rebuilding the program but doubt he leads IU to a Final Four yet alone a championship.
    Well heck.. we're pretty much on the same page then. :beer:

Don't mistake me for defending one at the expense of the other. It's quite possible they're both jerks.
    I'm fairly indifferent to Crean. But mainly because I'm not looking to date him, I don't really care what he's like personally.

Just win baby. And if he does that enough, he can be as self aggrandizing and disingenuous as he likes. If he doesn't, his personality won't likely matter a whole lot.

Don't mistake me for defending one at the expense of the other. It's quite possible they're both jerks.
    I'm fairly indifferent to Crean. But mainly because I'm not looking to date him, I don't really care what he's like personally.

Just win baby. And if he does that enough, he can be as self aggrandizing and disingenuous as he likes. If he doesn't, his personality won't likely matter a whole lot.
    What does Crean need to accomplish the next 2-3 seasons to prove he deserves to remain IU's coach?

As a rival fan, I'm pretty happy with Crean at Indiana. Sort of how other fans felt during the latter Tubby and BCG eras.

Stat geek...and proud

I didn't mean for it to look like I was pointing at you specifically, just a segment of the fanbase in general who still think Knight was perfect and bash Crean. Sort of like those Reds fans who compare everything to the BRM, even though it would be virtually impossible to replicate those days in the free agent era.

Turn Off Ads?