Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 68 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 1012

Thread: Indiana Basketball

  1. #166
    Member Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,329
    That went about as expected. Nice season. Going to the sweet 16 as a 4 and losing to number 1 overall is nothing to complain about.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #167
    Stat geek...and proud
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Paris, OH
    Posts
    2,616
    I'm so proud of this team and the year we had. Lost to a better team tonight but we left it all out on that floor. Nobody on that team needs to hang their head for the way they played tonight. Kentucky is just too good.

  4. #168
    1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ky
    Posts
    5,960

    Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

    I'm glad u guys are "back." College basketball is better when Indiana is Indiana. Great season. Go cats.
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

  5. #169
    part of BBN jmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,309

    Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

    Just want to say to the IU fans, that was a great game and you would have beat most any other team in the country last night.
    As I set there and watched that, I wondered how IU had lost the games they had during the season.
    I dont follow IU so I may get theses names spelled wrong but you will know who I am talking about.
    Zeller is a force to be reckoned with on the inside.
    The other one that impressed me greatly is Oladeepo. Every time he drove the ball, he seemed to score. Watford has a strange shot release but it seems to go in more often than not. The guy who ran the point is very impressive too.
    IU is certainly back and getting better. It will be easier to root for them too with Crean there as opposed to Knight or Davis for that matter.
    UK and IU played 2 classic games this season !

  6. #170
    First Time Caller SunDeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    5,398

    Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

    I think it's kind of funny that Crean and Calipari are good friends, given the stuff that's been said here.
    Just sayin'.

    Very happy for the Hoosiers. Bloomington is more fun when this team is playing well, and although I think most IU fans have a somewhat anachronistic viewpoint about what big time college sports really is, I do appreciate the fact that they truly have an expectation for running a clean program that you won't find everywhere.
    As for Crean, being a UC alum, I watched the guy with interest when he kept frustrating the heck out of Huggin's teams and had hoped he could have been brought in to replace him, so I was really optimistic to see him brought in at IU. He's in the midst of bringing the Hoosier family back together again and it's really fun to watch from close up.

    Also: I'm at work in downtown B-town this morning and one of our "no smoking" signs did end up at Taco bell three blocks from here....but at least the Showalter fountain fish are safe and sound.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

  7. #171
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    758

    Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

    It was one of the most purist cbb games I have seen in a long time. 35-37 free throws is hard to overcome but the Hoosiers kept it interesting. Great ball game.

    I really hope it stays this way for UK and IU. It has been an intense rivalry for along time. And it is even better when both programs are Top 5 caliber. The heck with Duke-UNC, I want UK-IU.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  8. #172
    First Time Caller SunDeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    5,398

    Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

    I'd start by keeping the games at the home courts and not in places like Indy. A big part of Duke/UNC is Cameron Indoor, which is like watching a game inside a high school arena, but with the noise of an airport runway. Assembly Hall in the first IU/UK game this year finally reached that decibel level again- good to see the students turning out and going crazy. Watching all the red sweaters and white hair with their arms crossed all game was getting pretty depressing.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

  9. #173
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    758

    Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    I'd start by keeping the games at the home courts and not in places like Indy. A big part of Duke/UNC is Cameron Indoor, which is like watching a game inside a high school arena, but with the noise of an airport runway. Assembly Hall in the first IU/UK game this year finally reached that decibel level again- good to see the students turning out and going crazy. Watching all the red sweaters and white hair with their arms crossed all game was getting pretty depressing.
    I do believe when they played those games on "neutral" floors it was all about ticket sales.

    IU/UK is a tad bit different than Duke/NC. They are neighboring states that do not play in the same conference, and they are 2 storied programs. The only comparison I can think of on their rivalry plane does not exist anymore. And that would be Texas/Oklahoma in football, but now they are in the same conference. Missouri/Illinois is about the only other one that comes close in CBB, but they aint got banners hanging in their arenas.

    I guess what I am saying is that Duke/UNC is like IU/Purdue, Kansas/Kansas St., Texas/Texas A&m......the difference being that Duke/UNC are both perenniel Top Ten teams.

    IU/UK is something different out there. I dont care where the game is played at. I just want it to get back to where it was in the 70's, 80's, and early 90's. And that was where the whole nation was watching them on a Saturday afternoon in December. It looks like it is back to that.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  10. #174
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    8,850

    Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

    Great season for IU basketball. IU played a great game and for that, I can't be too upset. In a lot of respects, I think it may have been the best game they played offensively all season. 90 points against Kentucky was a season high against them.

    I think their downfall was a.) their 3 point shooting wasn't a factor, b.) their defense didn't show up (or they were overmatched--could be either), c.) Zeller wasn't as aggressive or as involved in the 2nd half and d.) Kentucky was just sick from the charity stripe. 95% from the line with over 30 attempts? Ridiculous.

    I have to agree with jmac. I honestly believe that if IU had played anyone else last night not named Kentucky, I think they would have won.

  11. #175
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,206

    Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Great season for IU basketball. IU played a great game and for that, I can't be too upset. In a lot of respects, I think it may have been the best game they played offensively all season. 90 points against Kentucky was a season high against them.

    I think their downfall was a.) their 3 point shooting wasn't a factor, b.) their defense didn't show up (or they were overmatched--could be either), c.) Zeller wasn't as aggressive or as involved in the 2nd half and d.) Kentucky was just sick from the charity stripe. 95% from the line with over 30 attempts? Ridiculous.

    I have to agree with jmac. I honestly believe that if IU had played anyone else last night not named Kentucky, I think they would have won.
    I agree with a lot of this analysis. A friend of mine said before the game that IU had played about 4 or 5 games all season that would beat the "average" Kentucky performance. I think they played another one last night. Unfortunately Kentucky just played well above it's exceptional average.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

  12. #176
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I do believe when they played those games on "neutral" floors it was all about ticket sales.

    IU/UK is a tad bit different than Duke/NC. They are neighboring states that do not play in the same conference, and they are 2 storied programs. The only comparison I can think of on their rivalry plane does not exist anymore. And that would be Texas/Oklahoma in football, but now they are in the same conference. Missouri/Illinois is about the only other one that comes close in CBB, but they aint got banners hanging in their arenas.

    I guess what I am saying is that Duke/UNC is like IU/Purdue, Kansas/Kansas St., Texas/Texas A&m......the difference being that Duke/UNC are both perenniel Top Ten teams.

    IU/UK is something different out there. I dont care where the game is played at. I just want it to get back to where it was in the 70's, 80's, and early 90's. And that was where the whole nation was watching them on a Saturday afternoon in December. It looks like it is back to that.
    I'm glad somebody brought this up because I was wondering where IU stood on this.

    UK is looking into changing up their schedule next season and is likely dropping UNC due to a large number of road games/neutral site games. Cal is wanting the matchup to go back to the original neutral site format which would likely be in Louisville/Indianapolis.

    I actually wouldn't mind doing the yearly Freedom Hall game every year against Indiana. Politics might be the only thing that would stand in the way (state of Kentucky getting revenue), but with Indiana right across the state border, its a neutral location and UK/IU fans would be split 50/50. Think of it as The Red River Rivalry in basketball. One location every year and a tradition to boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  13. #177
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    758

    Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I'm glad somebody brought this up because I was wondering where IU stood on this.

    UK is looking into changing up their schedule next season and is likely dropping UNC due to a large number of road games/neutral site games. Cal is wanting the matchup to go back to the original neutral site format which would likely be in Louisville/Indianapolis.

    I actually wouldn't mind doing the yearly Freedom Hall game every year against Indiana. Politics might be the only thing that would stand in the way (state of Kentucky getting revenue), but with Indiana right across the state border, its a neutral location and UK/IU fans would be split 50/50. Think of it as The Red River Rivalry in basketball. One location every year and a tradition to boot.
    I know back a few years ago Kentucky wanted the game to be in Indy every year due to the seating capacity.

    But the neutral site thing ended when because of a scheduling conflict with the arena at Louisville, the game was played at Kentucky.

    But I think Louisville would be the perfect location for the game.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  14. #178
    Member cumberlandreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sterling VA
    Posts
    9,467

    Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

    Just wanted to congratulate the IU fans on a very good game the other night. IU played UK as tough as anyone. They made a lot of really difficult shots and just kept coming. You all should be really excited for the future. If Zeller and Watford come back you should be at least top 10 good, maybe top 5. IU is back and its good for all of college basketball. College Basketball needs its crown jewels to be good all the time. IU is back and now it needs UCLA back. West coast basketball isn't good at all and they need them back to being relevant.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

  15. #179
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    758

    Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Just wanted to congratulate the IU fans on a very good game the other night. IU played UK as tough as anyone. They made a lot of really difficult shots and just kept coming. You all should be really excited for the future. If Zeller and Watford come back you should be at least top 10 good, maybe top 5. IU is back and its good for all of college basketball. College Basketball needs its crown jewels to be good all the time. IU is back and now it needs UCLA back. West coast basketball isn't good at all and they need them back to being relevant.
    Appreciate the comments. Barring any losses to the NBA or defections. IU will return their starting 5 plus 2 key guys off the bench. Add a fine recruiting class coming in next year that includes a true point guard and they should be up there.

    IU is back, but the B1G is still gonna be brutal.

    I agree on the UCLA thing. Heck, even Arizona.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  16. #180
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    10,297

    Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Appreciate the comments. Barring any losses to the NBA or defections. IU will return their starting 5 plus 2 key guys off the bench. Add a fine recruiting class coming in next year that includes a true point guard and they should be up there.

    IU is back, but the B1G is still gonna be brutal.

    I agree on the UCLA thing. Heck, even Arizona.
    I am beginning to think that Watford and Zeller will enter the NBA draft. Zeller if he is a top 10 pick and Watford depending on where he is going to go. This time of year you always have they guys entering the draft who shouldn't. The BIG landscape could really chanve if Watford, Zeller, Sullinger, Thomas, and Burke all decide to enter the draft.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25