Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Basketball

Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

About time Nancy Boy started picking up recruits to match the #IUFB team.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    UK, IU, and UofL are all highly ranked in the pre-season. We are in a basketball mecca.
    Um, speechless.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Um, speechless.
    Hey, OSU is ranked fourth.

Not that it really matters, but that places the preseason top four in the Ohio Valley Area.

Take that, Tobacco Road.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Psh. Who cares about basketball when our football team controls their own destiny to the B1G Championship game.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Hey, OSU is ranked fourth.

Not that it really matters, but that places the preseason top four in the Ohio Valley Area.

Take that, Tobacco Road.
    Which is probably worth about as much as the other rankings mentioned. I'm a Buckeyes fan and call shenanigans on that one.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    Psh. Who cares about basketball when our football team controls their own destiny to the B1G Championship game.
    Speaking of football (Yes, I still care.)

In the depth chart just released by IU for Saturday's game with Iowa, Cameron Coffman remains the starting QB," Terry Hutchens of the Indianapolis Star tweeted.
    While I'm totally on board with Coach Wilson and his staff and the direction of the program, I have to question this.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    Am I wrong or can IU pretty much wrap up a championship game appearance with wins over Iowa and Wisconsin? Wisky would still have to play Penn State and Ohio State, so even if IU finishes 3-5 in conference play, it seems to me that if one of those wins is a win over the Badgers they're sitting pretty for a spot in the title game.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Am I wrong or can IU pretty much wrap up a championship game appearance with wins over Iowa and Wisconsin? Wisky would still have to play Penn State and Ohio State, so even if IU finishes 3-5 in conference play, it seems to me that if one of those wins is a win over the Badgers they're sitting pretty for a spot in the title game.
    The more I look at it, I think you're right.

If they beat just Iowa and Wisconsin, they end up 3-5 in the B1G Ten. Wisconsin is currently 3-2 but will have lost to Indiana and then play tOSU and tPSU. Might see some referee shenanigans in the IU/PSU game or Wisconsin/PSU game to make sure either a) IU is at least 7-5 if they make the championship game, or b)Wisconsin gets to 4-4 and the impossible dream is dead.

I did hear that if IU made it into the championship game at 5-7, and won to get to 6-7, they could be granted a waiver to play in the Rose Bowl even though they had a losing record.(Standard NCAA rules say you have to be at least 6-6 to play in a bowl game.)
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    The more I look at it, I think you're right.

If they beat just Iowa and Wisconsin, they end up 3-5 in the B1G Ten. Wisconsin is currently 3-2 but will have lost to Indiana and then play tOSU and tPSU. Might see some referee shenanigans in the IU/PSU game or Wisconsin/PSU game to make sure either a) IU is at least 7-5 if they make the championship game, or b)Wisconsin gets to 4-4 and the impossible dream is dead.

I did hear that if IU made it into the championship game at 5-7, and won to get to 6-7, they could be granted a waiver to play in the Rose Bowl even though they had a losing record.(Standard NCAA rules say you have to be at least 6-6 to play in a bowl game.)
    That'd pretty much sum it up for the state of Big 10 football.

Hard to tell a lot from a preseason NAIA team, but a lot of encouraging signs from last night. A bit of a rocky start, but not surprisingly Indiana just wore down IWU and walked off with a relatively easy 86-57 win.

Jurkin had much better hands and touch than I expected. Assuming he and Perrea are eventually cleared to play, that's going to be a major asset.
    Hollowell is going to have to pick up a lot of the rebounding slack to find playing time so it was nice to see him do that.

More than anything it was great to see Creek play well. If he's anything remotely resembling his freshman season, WOW.

[Peter] Jurkin had much better hands and touch than I expected.
    Hehehe.

Well played Scrap. I really hope he stays four years. It will never ever get old.

Of course no one's mentioned the big news that Jurkin and Perea are suspended for 9 games for having the audacity to accept travel money from an AAU coach who brought them into the country. I realize my own bias here, and I'm sure I wouldn't be so forgiving if it was a UK or tOSU player.

But it blows my mind that everything done by Mark Adams, the A-Hope foundation, and the Indiana Elite team would be perfectly legal and legit, except for the fact that Adams ex-wife gave $185 to IU between 1986 and 1992.

Well played Scrap. I really hope he stays four years. It will never ever get old.

Of course no one's mentioned the big news that Jurkin and Perea are suspended for 9 games for having the audacity to accept travel money from an AAU coach who brought them into the country. I realize my own bias here, and I'm sure I wouldn't be so forgiving if it was a UK or tOSU player.

But it blows my mind that everything done by Mark Adams, the A-Hope foundation, and the Indiana Elite team would be perfectly legal and legit, except for the fact that Adams ex-wife gave $185 to IU between 1986 and 1992.
    It's a ton more than $185...

Stat geek...and proud
    Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    It's a ton more than $185...
    You know this how, exactly?

If donating $185 20 years ago makes him a "booster," then I still work at the same place I worked as a teenager, even though I haven't set foot in there for almost 13 years.

Yeah, this is crap, and I'm guessing the NCAA knows it.

It's a BS ruling.

The good news for IU is that both kids will be back around mid-December, and it won't hurt their chances in the NCAA much (or, really, at all).

Turn Off Ads?