Turn Off Ads?
Page 30 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
Results 436 to 450 of 1012

Thread: Indiana Basketball

  1. #436
    Member Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,329
    I feel bad for Cody Zeller. He was mesmerized by the orange Afro in the front row and in that moment he decided he didn't want to be a basket ball player anymore. He wanted to drop out of school and travel the country in a Volkswagen. And it didn't matter if he payed attention to his man or not.. But then he was like "nah, that's dumb" but the game was already over. It could happen to anyone.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #437
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    758

    Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

    All I can say is pitiful.......they shouldnt have even been in that situation at the end.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  4. #438
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445
    Looks like Cody had a Tyler moment.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  5. #439
    All Fired Up Revering4Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NE Indiana
    Posts
    1,527

    Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

    This article is too long to post, but is well worth reading/discussing.

    Bob Kravitz: Calling Tom Crean a poor game coach is the reflex of angry, under-educated fans.

    http://www.indystar.com/article/2013...nclick_check=1
    "I have just been more than a little suspect of all the trades since the Willy (Scott Williamson) cash grab. That one left such a bad taste in my mouth that even a 1985 Dom Pérignon couldn't cleanse it." -- Creek14

  6. #440
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,713

    Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    This article is too long to post, but is well worth reading/discussing.

    Bob Kravitz: Calling Tom Crean a poor game coach is the reflex of angry, under-educated fans.

    http://www.indystar.com/article/2013...nclick_check=1
    Now there's a strong argument. If you claim he was outcoached, you're just one of those stupid hayseed overall wearing fans that worships Bobby Knight. Nice insulting article for anyone who dares to question the coach's game decisions.
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  7. #441
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,206

    Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

    That's not how I read it TR. More like, anyone who thinks "Crean can't coach" based on 3 losses is completely overreacting. Add to the fact that most people saying "Crean can't coach" do in fact worship at the alter of Bob Knight, and I think his article is pretty much right on.
    When people say that I don’t know what I’m talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

  8. Likes:

    Revering4Blue (02-10-2013)

  9. #442
    Member Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    That's not how I read it TR. More like, anyone who thinks "Crean can't coach" based on 3 losses is completely overreacting. Add to the fact that most people saying "Crean can't coach" do in fact worship at the alter of Bob Knight, and I think his article is pretty much right on.
    Yeah, I agree. Like he said Knight was known for not calling a TO on the IU's final offensive possession. I liked having Victor start it off going 1on1. He just got a little of the old out of control Victor on that play.

    Illinois just went nuts down the stretch. They hit shots that were bad shots, unless you're on fire.

    There's really nothing to say about the final play. It was just shockingly dumb.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. Likes:

    Revering4Blue (02-10-2013)

  11. #443
    All Fired Up Revering4Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NE Indiana
    Posts
    1,527

    Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

    Just picking nits, I have to question Kravitz's assertion that Knight was outcoached in the 1986 NCAA first round game against Cleveland State.

    That '86 team, largely devoid of athleticism, was simply not equipped to handle the relentless press/up-and -down game of the Cleveland State Vikings. Viola: an "upset" in seed only. If anything, that '86 squad overachieved to finish second in the Big Ten that season.
    Smart and Garrett arrived next year and the rest is history.

    Other than that, the article is spot-on to me. What sometimes appears to be "poor" coaching is just as likely to be the result of poor player/team execution.
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 02-10-2013 at 12:54 AM.
    "I have just been more than a little suspect of all the trades since the Willy (Scott Williamson) cash grab. That one left such a bad taste in my mouth that even a 1985 Dom Pérignon couldn't cleanse it." -- Creek14

  12. #444
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,198

    Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

    I tend to agree with Kravitz merely because he hedges his bet... CTC is phenomenal at developing players. Anybody suggesting otherwise is blind. However, in the 40 minute game he does have his deficiencies.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

    Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

  13. #445
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,713

    Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    That's not how I read it TR. More like, anyone who thinks "Crean can't coach" based on 3 losses is completely overreacting. Add to the fact that most people saying "Crean can't coach" do in fact worship at the alter of Bob Knight, and I think his article is pretty much right on.
    That's not my beef. Anyone presenting an argument as "you are ignorant, let me enlighten you" is insulting his audience and appearing arrogant himself. Perhaps "I hear people who think that..." and let them incriminate themselves. His method is poor. I was not debating the truth of his arguments, but it did appear to sway a little on the side of apologist.
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  14. Likes:

    redsfanmia (02-10-2013)

  15. #446
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    992

    Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

    Let's go...


  16. #447
    First Time Caller SunDeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    5,398

    Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

    There is still an undercurrent in Bloomington, although it's dwindling. Mostly, it's older fans who want IU to be what the program was when Knight was here, which they believe was a boy scout convention of moral rectitude, motion offense and stellar academics. Frankly, I believe, as Harvey Penick and other golfers do, that the real character of a man comes out on the course, and if you have any doubts that the General is a horse's rear end, then you may want to google videos of his golf show.

    I remember that Crean's Marquette team beat UC twice in 00-01 and there were grumblings about Huggins getting out coached. Isn't this just what fans do when unranked teams take down a better team? And for what it's worth, most of the Hoosier fans I know have said the same thing for many years, that Big Ten play offers no guarantees for ranked teams, which is the same thing I heard from ACC fans when I lived in Raleigh. This uncertainty is what I love about college basketball; ranked or unrankded, the players are still kids and on any given night their youth may allow them to cast aside ineptitude, or cause them to play like they've just met each other for the first time.
    Last edited by SunDeck; 02-10-2013 at 01:12 PM.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

  17. #448
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    758

    Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

    Kravitz is becoming the new Bender of the Indy sports media.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  18. #449
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    758

    Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Let's go...

    I hope you enjoyed the game.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  19. #450
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,206

    Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    That's not my beef. Anyone presenting an argument as "you are ignorant, let me enlighten you" is insulting his audience and appearing arrogant himself. Perhaps "I hear people who think that..." and let them incriminate themselves. His method is poor. I was not debating the truth of his arguments, but it did appear to sway a little on the side of apologist.
    That's a fair argument. I think it's much more likely that the argument is, "Anyone arguing Crean can't coach is an idiot, and you shouldn't listen to them."

    It's not so much about enlightening people as it is to persuading people not to listen to idiots.
    When people say that I don’t know what I’m talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25