Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Basketball

Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

Can anyone win a road game? Illinois upset by Penn State last night.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

2. Turn Off Ads?

IU is going to have to have a winning record in their league. At least 8-8. And even with that, it's a crapshoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    IU is going to have to have a winning record in their league. At least 8-8. And even with that, it's a crapshoot.
    Well they play 18 games, so it will be at least 9-9. When you say it's a crapshoot, do you think it would be a crapshoot for IU to get in if it is 9-9?

I'd strongly disagree with that assessment. First if the Minnesota loss at home ends up being the 2nd worst loss on the resume, than Indiana will have only one truly bad loss in the eyes of the committee. Minnesota is likely to finish with at least a winning record overall.

My guess is if IU gets to 9-9 that will be good enough for 6th in the B1G Ten.
    I'd be surprised to see a team which finishes below 6th in the conference jump over IU, as again IU had the best non-conference wins aside from perhaps Ohio State. And I'd be quite surprised if the tournament was too selective to include the 6th ranked team in the best conference(statistically) when that team is at worst 22-10(with a loss in the first round of the B1G Ten Tournament) and has wins over Kentucky, Ohio State, and Michigan.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Exactly. I don't understand the hand wringing and gnashing of teeth in this thread.

They're still learning to win on the road. Nebraska is a bad loss, for sure, but they're gonna still be somewhat volatile throughout this season.

I don't have any doubts about Crean. This team will still make the tourney and as stated above probably finish the season ranked anywhere from 15-25.
    I was actually more positive about the Nebraska game than the Minnesota one. IU played horrible against Minnesota for the whole game, and it was only through Minnesota's lack of ability to put them away that the Hoosiers even had a chance at the end.

I actually thought on the whole, the team played well for about 33 minutes on Wednesday. Now the Hoosiers just have to do a better job of finishing a team off when they have it on the ropes.
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Very few teams get to the dance without at least a .500 record in their conference ....does not happen much... I want u guys to win out...it helps the cat's rpi
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Stat geek...and proud
    Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    Very few teams get to the dance without at least a .500 record in their conference ....does not happen much... I want u guys to win out...it helps the cat's rpi
    I think if they go 8-10 they would get in if they win a conference tourney game. But I think they will do better than that.

I can't tell you what I would give to see IU as an 8-9 in our bracket.

I'm pulling for you guys just for that reason.
    Last edited by WMR; 01-21-2012 at 04:45 AM.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Can anyone win a road game? Illinois upset by Penn State last night.
    That's the million dollar question. This article says it all.

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/01/2...62&feedID=3701

The Big Ten is ranked No. 1 in this week's RPI conference ratings. Nine Big Ten schools are in the RPI's top-50 team rankings.

Five are also ranked in the latest Associated Press poll - No. 6 Ohio State, No. 9 Michigan State, No. 11 Indiana, No. 20 Michigan and No. 22 Illinois.

CollegeRPI.com's latest NCAA Tournament projections list nine -- the five ranked teams plus Purdue, Wisconsin, Northwestern and Minnesota -- in the 68-team field as of now.

Izzo said he will be "shocked" if the regular-season champ doesn't lose at least four games.

"It could be more," he added. "I said at the beginning of the year, I think four or five."
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Well outside of that Minn game, IU is pounding the teams at home that they should beat. That's not something you could say the last two seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

What's Crean's record on the road in the B1G so far at IU?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    What's Crean's record on the road in the B1G so far at IU?
    I think the only b10 road win he's had is at Penn St this year. So 1 and whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I think the only b10 road win he's had is at Penn St this year. So 1 and whatever.

Now now, no need to exagerrate. IU is 2-29 on the road since Crean took over. But in all reality, any record before last year is just trying to distort the current picture. And really, looking at the road losses this year is part of the equation too. The loss to Nebraska was bad no doubt. But even good IU teams are unlikely to win in East Lansing, Columbus, or Madison. Part of what makes good teams good is they defend their home court. They pound weaker opponents and do enough to beat quality ones.

IU has 4 road games left; @Michigan, @Purdue, @Iowa, and @Minnesota. If they take two of the four and win out at home(including beating Michigan State.) That will put them at 11-7 and in good shape for the tournament.
    Last edited by Hoosier Red; 01-30-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Well poop. 2-30.

On second thought. I don't mind splitting those two road games. Thats probably pretty accurate as to where they are.

Illinois up next. Crean always seems to play well vs them at home no matter how bad IU is.

Turn Off Ads?