Turn Off Ads?
Page 35 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Basketball

Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    However, you always have to wonder what Crean's point of view might be on that.
    Crean should thank Sampson and his staff every day for giving him the opportunity at IU. That SHOULD be his POV.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Whoa, so after he became the coach of one of your conference rivals you started to like him less? I am totally shocked by that, flabbergasted! Let me guess he didn't bother you as much early in his time at IU while they were the bed pan of the conference, but I bet sometime last year something strange happened and he became more and annoying. Very strange.
    Well, you'll have that when you don't really know who the guy is until he forces himself on you. It took more exposure to reveal what a goofball Crean is, and while most goofballs are fun for sport, he is of the type that wants to upplay his accomplishments so that the whole world can see what a great coach and guy he is, which is sickening. Hang that banner, "we've" (when he really means I've) accomplished so much. Aren't "we" (when he really means I) great!

And with all the "I can put up with his annoyances because he's winning" will be what the "faithful" will use to ask for his head when the struggles come. Lather, rinse, repeat. It happens everywhere.

By the way, its all fun and games now, but we are talking about one conference championship here. And he is hailed as king. You folks are suddenly easy to please.
    Last edited by traderumor; 03-12-2013 at 09:28 AM.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Whoa, so after he became the coach of one of your conference rivals you started to like him less? I am totally shocked by that, flabbergasted! Let me guess he didn't bother you as much early in his time at IU while they were the bed pan of the conference, but I bet sometime last year something strange happened and he became more and annoying. Very strange.
    Whoa there buddy. I have a great deal of respect for guys like Izzo and Ryan. I hate playing both of those teams but respect the heck out of those guys. I am also a pretty big UC fan and Marquette for a long time was a primary rival and liked Crean then.

Did I care when IU was bad under Crean, not really but then again I didn't really make time out of my day to watch IU play OSU so I wasn't privy to his antics.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Crean should thank Sampson and his staff every day for giving him the opportunity at IU. That SHOULD be his POV.
    Exactly. He should have went up to that Michigan assistant,shook his hand and whole heartily thanked him for him and the others, at that time, for messing up the program. Without that Crean would have still been at Marquette looking for the next Dwayne Wade.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

6. Likes:

WMR (03-12-2013)

I actually am not that concerned about OSU fans think of Crean. I was trying to be funny, which I accomplished.

I'm not that concerned with him being a goofball either. As with the cutting down nets and separate banner deal, I just don't take it that seriously. Are we hailing him as King already? I wasn't officially informed but that's cool, I'll start praying to him tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

8. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-12-2013)

IU needs to give him a raise so he can afford a pair of pants that fit.

He looked utterly deranged after being dragged away from the UM assistant.

I tell you who annoys me though. That Thad Matta. Geez. That male pattern baldness and stuff. I mean come on we get it you're proud of your scalp, do you really have to call attention to it like that? Oh my gosh.

And what's with his substitutions? I mean at several times throughout the game he'll just take a guy out and put another guy in, just switch players!! Come on, just pick 5 guys and stick with them.

And then, and then he thinks he can just stop the game when his team has the ball. Like he'll go up to one of the striped players (who never get to shoot and rarely play defense) and put his hands together to make a what looks like "T" and just stop the game! And the other team allows him to do this. Talk about thinking you're a king. Geez, what a pervert.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    IU needs to give him a raise so he can afford a pair of pants that fit.

He looked utterly deranged after being dragged away from the UM assistant.
    That was a show. It raised money for charity. Don't you feel like a jerk now?

That was a show. It raised money for charity. Don't you feel like a jerk now?

How many schrutebucks did he raise?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    How many schrutebucks did he raise?
    What I meant to say was "awareness". Look kids just because you have Tourette's doesn't mean you can't coach a major college basketball team.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Well, you'll have that when you don't really know who the guy is until he forces himself on you. It took more exposure to reveal what a goofball Crean is, and while most goofballs are fun for sport, he is of the type that wants to upplay his accomplishments so that the whole world can see what a great coach and guy he is, which is sickening. Hang that banner, "we've" (when he really means I've) accomplished so much. Aren't "we" (when he really means I) great!

And with all the "I can put up with his annoyances because he's winning" will be what the "faithful" will use to ask for his head when the struggles come. Lather, rinse, repeat. It happens everywhere.

By the way, its all fun and games now, but we are talking about one conference championship here. And he is hailed as king. You folks are suddenly easy to please.
    See, for the most part, I've witnessed just the opposite line of thinking here.

IU could go 32-0 and win the Championship under CTC and some folks would still state the following: Yeah, but imagine what (Bob Knight, Brad Stevens, or any other Coach Du Jour) would have done with that team.

Honestly, there is a faction of the IU fanbase that reminds me of the faction of the Packer fan base actually rooting against their own team in the Super Bowl two years ago, just to prove that their (inane) reasoning that the Packers shouldn't have allowed Brett Favre to leave was correct.

According to "fans" like the above, when IU loses it is always Tom Crean's fault; never the result of poor player execution.

No, CTC doesn't walk on water, but that line of "reasoning" gets old in a hurry.
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 03-12-2013 at 12:21 PM.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

15. Likes:

Razor Shines (03-12-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Exactly. He should have went up to that Michigan assistant,shook his hand and whole heartily thanked him for him and the others, at that time, for messing up the program. Without that Crean would have still been at Marquette looking for the next Dwayne Wade.
    Come on now. It took him two years to become Dwyane Wade, don't take him back.

17. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-12-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post

IU could go 32-0 and win the Championship under CTC and some folks would still state the following: Yeah, but imagine what (Bob Knight, Brad Stevens, or any other Coach Du Jour) would have done with that team.

Honestly, there is a faction of the IU fanbase that reminds me of the faction of the Packer fan base actually rooting against their own team in the Super Bowl two years ago, just to prove that their (inane) reasoning that the Packers shouldn't have allowed Brett Favre to leave was correct.

According to "fans" like the above, when IU loses it is always Tom Crean's fault; never the result of poor player execution.

No, CTC doesn't walk on water, but that line of "reasoning" gets old in a hurry.
    So much truth in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post

I can only speak to what I read from two different posters in this thread. What you mention above is not an attitude I've read about in this thread.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post

I certainly haven't hailed him as a king, and I think I've been fairly consistent in the approach of, "Okay, celebrate this stuff this time because it was a long hard slog, but no more excessive celebrations now that you're back at the top, you're expected to stay there."

As for the winning and losing, I think you make my point. I'm not really defending his personality tics which are moderately annoying, but rather focusing on what I as a fan am asking him to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

21. Likes:

Razor Shines (03-12-2013),Revering4Blue (03-12-2013)

Turn Off Ads?