Turn Off Ads?
Page 44 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Basketball

Re: Indiana 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 Basketball

Hoosiers going to OMAHA!

Florida State was 35-4 at home this year, hadn't lost a series at home in over two years, and gave up fewer than 3 runs/game as a staff. So of course IU scores 21 runs over two games and sweeps the SuperRegional.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Six outs from a Louisville/IU match-up in Omaha. Growing up in Louisville, I never thought I would see the day that would happen. Hell, I wouldn't have expected to see that happen at noon yesterday!

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Look out for IU. They won their first game in Omaha on the back of 138 pitch complete game 4 hit shutout against Louisville.

This run is absolutely crazy.

I went to Saturday night's game. It was brutally boring. I love baseball, but 3:45 minutes for a 2-0 game in which one of the teams never mounted a serious threat (okay, the Cards did have one guy thrown out at the plate, but he was out by 45 feet, so how serious was that threat exactly?).

Congrats to the Hoosiers, though. Hope the Cards get to see them again Wednesday or Friday.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    IU fans must be sick. They had one season in which to end their drought, and they didn't even come close. How long do you guys give Crean? Other than being a really creepy guy, he doesn't appear to be much of a coach. IU deserves better.
    I am just shaking my head.

7. Likes:

WMR (06-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I am just shaking my head.
    He's back!

Has your period of mourning finally ended?

I saw a sharp looking back to back sweet 16 t shirt the other day, did you pick one up?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    He's back!

I saw a sharp looking back to back sweet 16 t shirt the other day, did you pick one up?
    I really like my "The Streak Ends at 25 Years" T-Shirt so I took it in and had the "5" turned into a "6". Looks great. I'll have to wait a couple years but that'll be really easy to make into an "8"
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

10. Likes:

thatcoolguy_22 (06-22-2013),WMR (06-22-2013)

He's back!

LOL......that is funny bro. Actually, the spring is my busiest time of year business wise. Just haven't had much time to get on here. My apologies are extended to all UK fans, 'cause I am sure they missed me all tooooooo much, you included of course!

I did pick up a sweet looking tee the other day from my Aunt(UK fan)........on the front it shows the 'Cats hoisting a championship trophy......on the the back it shows a dead cat in a dumpster. Priceless. Need me to get you one?

Good to have things slowing down with work where I can relax a tad bit more and concentrate on the important stuff, the internet!!!!!!!

BTW, WMR.....I did see your former 'Cat jumped ship in my state. James Blackmon left Fort Wayne Bishop Luers to coach his alma mater....the Marion(IN) Giants. I will be watching what he does with that school.

12. Likes:

WMR (06-22-2013)

Is anyone willing to lay down some predictions for what sort of a pro Zeller will become? I'll be amazed if he is ever a consistent starter in the NBA.

Is anyone willing to lay down some predictions for what sort of a pro Zeller will become? I'll be amazed if he is ever a consistent starter in the NBA.
    I take it you don't want one of those shirts?

When it comes to the NBA, I make no predictions. Have seen too many can't miss guys fall off the radar and go into the toilet. Seen guys that I gave no shot to become stars become stars. I really don't know what to give the chances of Zeller of being a major contributor for a team in the pros. Time will tell, but I wish him all the success in the world.

15. Likes:

Hoosier Red (06-22-2013)

I agree WMR, I'd be surprised if he's a consistent starter, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's still in the league 10 years from now contributing to a good team. He has a lot of interesting skills, good touch, very fast, quick hands for a big man. So he'll likely be a really good piece to come off the bench for a good team and a sometime starter for a bad one.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

I personally think he would look great in a Pacer uniform!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Ceiling: LaMarcus Aldridge.

Floor: Josh McRoberts.

Most likely NBA comp: Spencer Hawes, as I expect Zeller to bulk up some and surprise everyone with his ability to hit the outside shot.

In Crean's offense, Zeller was chained to the low post, rarely given the freedom to showcase his ability to shoot from the outside.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Stat geek...and proud

I think he'll be a solid contributor eventually, but not ever a big star. And that's ok. Every team needs guys like that.

Now Oladipo, I think he's going to do very well. His ceiling is high and even at his floor he'll be able to be a good defender and high energy guy.

One thing I will say about Zellar...he never dominated at the collegiate level. He did put up good numbers, but his two years were spent on a couple of pretty darn good teams. How does that translate to the next level? I have no idea. It is a different style of play and a completely different talent level. Cody was a heralded player that went to a heralded school. The odds are stacked against anyone succeeding in the NBA but more so in Cody's case. How many great NBA players have came from IU?

Turn Off Ads?