Page 32 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Basketball

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

Big game tonite. Any word on Vic?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Hell yes.

I don't even know what to say. First win in East Lansing in 20 years, puts them on the boardwalk to the first B1G title since before they called it the B1G. (Which granted wasn't that long ago.)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Chaching!!!!!!! What a game. BTW WMR that be two now on the road in the best conference in America.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Chaching!!!!!!! What a game. BTW WMR that be two now on the road in the best conference in America.
    No word yet if they'll pass out rings for that accomplishment.
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

7. Likes:

Razor Shines (02-22-2013),Revering4Blue (02-20-2013)

Indiana is the best team in college basketball. Whether that matters come tournament time, we'll see. But for a team go to into East Lansing and beat a Tom Izzo coached team, particularly at this point in the season, is damn impressive. Anything can happen in the tourney, but if IU doesn't at least make a Final Four run, I'll be surprised.

The highlight of the game for me was two really big little boys taking turns hitting each other in the unmentionables while trying to act like either was unintentional.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    The highlight of the game for me was two really big little boys taking turns hitting each other in the unmentionables while trying to act like either was unintentional.
    LOL!!!!!!!!

This team is looking good, they just cant let up.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Indiana is the best team in college basketball. Whether that matters come tournament time, we'll see. But for a team go to into East Lansing and beat a Tom Izzo coached team, particularly at this point in the season, is damn impressive. Anything can happen in the tourney, but if IU doesn't at least make a Final Four run, I'll be surprised.
    I don't know, the top 10 is pretty balanced, no powerhouse this year, but a lot of evenly matched teams at the top. I'd say IU will be a #1 seed barring any major slump at this point. They're a little smallish, which might cause a matchup problem at some point. It hasn't caused much problem in the Big 10 because very few conference teams have a strong inside presence, but one that does may cause an earlier than expected upset exit.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

For a Level Playing Field

I totally respect both IU and MSU basketball. But I have always had a hard time rooting for MSU at home and last night confirmed why.

Who the hell is running the clock? Are you kidding me? That person should be terminated. Ridiculous. The first time was just stupid. Crucial part of the game and play goes on for 8 seconds with the clock not running! Then followed immediately after that stupidity with one that was a bit more understandable; however, even that type of play (tipped in-bounds pass) happens a lot and is not missed.

The foul called on IU on that 3-point shot. IMO that was not a foul. The IU defender went straight up and the MSU player lunged straight into him. Bush league call by the ref.

I have seen lots of homer jobs in college athletics, but it seems to be a regular thing in East Lansing. God love Tom Izzo and his program, but I cannot root for them at home EVER.

14. Likes:

thatcoolguy_22 (02-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I don't know, the top 10 is pretty balanced, no powerhouse this year, but a lot of evenly matched teams at the top. I'd say IU will be a #1 seed barring any major slump at this point. They're a little smallish, which might cause a matchup problem at some point. It hasn't caused much problem in the Big 10 because very few conference teams have a strong inside presence, but one that does may cause an earlier than expected upset exit.
    If being 24-3 (12-2) in one of the toughest B1G conferences ever while winning games @OSU and @MSU doesn't make you a powerhouse I'm not sure what does.

This is not one of the toughest Big Ten's ever. Well, maybe it's one of the best B1Gs or whatever you call it, since it's only the first or second one.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    This is not one of the toughest Big Ten's ever. Well, maybe it's one of the best B1Gs or whatever you call it, since it's only the first or second one.
    I dont know. As far as the regular season and the teams that have made it into the top ten, it is as tough as I have ever seen it. Right now Lunardi has B1G teams getting a #1, (2) #2's, and (2) #5's. That means that 25% of the Top 20 teams reside in the B1G. Not too shabby.

However, regardless of the regular season the conference's "toughness" will be measured according to their tournament success. We dont know how that is gonna turnout.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I dont know. As far as the regular season and the teams that have made it into the top ten, it is as tough as I have ever seen it. Right now Lunardi has B1G teams getting a #1, (2) #2's, and (2) #5's. That means that 25% of the Top 20 teams reside in the B1G. Not too shabby.

However, regardless of the regular season the conference's "toughness" will be measured according to their tournament success. We dont know how that is gonna turnout.
    To Boston Red's point, i do think the B1G's toughness this year has been overstated a bit.

The top 5 are obviously legit. Then there's a drop off to Illinois and Minnesota. The latter of whom is playing there way on the NCAA bubble. And then the bottom drops out.

I don't know that there's been a time when the top 4 or 5 teams were any tougher than now. (And it's worth mentioning IU is currently 4-1 against UM, tOSU, Wisconsin, and tMSU)

But there have definitely been years where the middle and bottom of the B1G were much more robust.

Turn Off Ads?