Turn Off Ads?
Page 33 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Basketball

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    To Boston Red's point, i do think the B1G's toughness this year has been overstated a bit.

The top 5 are obviously legit. Then there's a drop off to Illinois and Minnesota. The latter of whom is playing there way on the NCAA bubble. And then the bottom drops out.

I don't know that there's been a time when the top 4 or 5 teams were any tougher than now. (And it's worth mentioning IU is currently 4-1 against UM, tOSU, Wisconsin, and tMSU)

But there have definitely been years where the middle and bottom of the B1G were much more robust.
    Whoaa. Hang on there a tad. As of now the middle is looking pretty dang good. That would be teams 5-8 in the standings. 8 is Minnesota who are playing their way off the bubble. If anything Nebraska and Penn State are the bottom feeders.

Lest we not forget Illinois not only beat IU.......but they won at Gonzaga and beat Butler in Hawaii.

And what about Iowa?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Whoaa. Hang on there a tad. As of now the middle is looking pretty dang good. That would be teams 5-8 in the standings. 8 is Minnesota who are playing their way off the bubble. If anything Nebraska and Penn State are the bottom feeders.

Lest we not forget Illinois not only beat IU.......but they won at Gonzaga and beat Butler in Hawaii.

And what about Iowa?
    Not to mention that Northwestern - which lost three significant contributors for the season - and Penn State - which lost potential All Big Ten PG Tim Frazier for the season - wouldn't be gimmes at all if healthy.

I agree with you about Iowa as the wild card.

I also agree with you about the tourney as the ultimate "report card." But if the tourney games are officiated ACC style - very little physicality allowed - Big Ten and, for that matter, Big East teams could be in trouble.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

And what about Iowa?
    Well like I said, top 5 you'll get no argument. Very strong.

Breakdown everyone else.
    #6 Illinois- Very inconsistent. Beaten IU, Gonzaga and Butler. Lost to Northwestern and Purdue.

#7 Iowa- Meh. No real great teams they've beaten, but haven't lost to anyone below them either.

#8 Minnesota- Started 15-1, 3-7 since. Lost the last two games by 21 and 27 points.

I guess you could say that Northwestern and Penn State would be better without injuries, but that's the point. The lower level teams are either too injured, too inexperienced, or too pathetic to put a fight up to the upper level teams.

TMBS, the B1G is still the best conference this year. But there have definitely been years where it's been a much deeper and tougher conference.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Well like I said, top 5 you'll get no argument. Very strong.

Breakdown everyone else.
    #6 Illinois- Very inconsistent. Beaten IU, Gonzaga and Butler. Lost to Northwestern and Purdue.

#7 Iowa- Meh. No real great teams they've beaten, but haven't lost to anyone below them either.

#8 Minnesota- Started 15-1, 3-7 since. Lost the last two games by 21 and 27 points.

I guess you could say that Northwestern and Penn State would be better without injuries, but that's the point. The lower level teams are either too injured, too inexperienced, or too pathetic to put a fight up to the upper level teams.

TMBS, the B1G is still the best conference this year. But there have definitely been years where it's been a much deeper and tougher conference.
    Like Button

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Hoosier, I suppose alot of people would call it "top heavy" 1-5. But I dont want to play at Illinois, Iowa, or Minnesota. 8 of the 12 are dang fine teams at this point. I would take Minnesota over any team that is 3rd in their conference in the rest of America on a neutral floor.

I feel this way about Redszone. A lot.

Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Hoosier, I suppose alot of people would call it "top heavy" 1-5. But I dont want to play at Illinois, Iowa, or Minnesota. 8 of the 12 are dang fine teams at this point. I would take Minnesota over any team that is 3rd in their conference in the rest of America on a neutral floor.
    So, you'd take Minnesota over Louisville, Marquette, or Arizona? I think your bias is clouding your judgement. Indiana game aside Minnesota hasn't played well since entering conference play and was moving towards the bubble before that win. They're not very good.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    So, you'd take Minnesota over Louisville, Marquette, or Arizona? I think your bias is clouding your judgement. Indiana game aside Minnesota hasn't played well since entering conference play and was moving towards the bubble before that win. They're not very good.
    There is a reason they moved into the top ten. Bias aside, I dont want to play the Gophers.

There is a reason they moved into the top ten. Bias aside, I dont want to play the Gophers.
    That was before they lost just about every big ten game.

I would be happy if Louisville was matched up with Minnesota at some point in the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    That was before they lost just about every big ten game.

I would be happy if Louisville was matched up with Minnesota at some point in the tournament.
    You dont want to play them, even on a neutral floor. Bad match up for the Cards. The pieces are there, they just havent shown too well in the B1G.

How IU started wearing the candy striped warmups.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-...tml#more-19322
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Good find Chip. That's awesome.

20 years is too long, finally a Big "ten" championship!
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    20 years is too long, finally a Big "ten" championship!
    I hear ya loud and clear.

After what Sampson did to the program, Crean was the right guy at the right time. Great reward for what he did to bring IU back.

"Kids are always chasing rainbows, but baseball is a world where you can catch them." ~
    Johnny Vander Meer

Turn Off Ads?