Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Basketball

Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    I personally think it stinks. It's a longstanding tradition and 1 I enjoyed.
    As a season ticket holder, I put up with the last 4 Tubby Smith years and 2 horrible years of Billy G. After I pay the cost of the 2 tickets, the forced Blue White fund donation, parking, and gas from Mt. Stering it cost me $210 a game...thats right...per game! Thats over $4,000 per season. You now remove North Carolina and Indiana from the schedule because you don't want to take the chance on losing to them. How many Samfords, and Middle Tennessee of the Holy Rosary can you sechedule coach? How many really good SEC home games are there? Florida? Vandy? Miss st every other year? Why should I pay this? Every game is on TV in HD.

I just wish Caoch Cal were honest. We don't want to play Indiana in Bloomington because its a VERY hard place to win. We really don't care about the loyal season ticket holders who put up with some very bad teams because hey....someone is in line to take your spot...their money is as good as yours. To remove the only good pre-conference games from the schedule is just a slap in the face to all the PAYING fans who put up with a lot of bad teams over the last 2 coaches.

I get the fact that I should be happy with a National Championship...I am. However to ask us to pay $200 to watch 35 point blow outs is not cool. To ask for some good home games is not expecting to much. Indiana, and North Carolina were GOOD home and home series.

I'm with u guys of this one...My cats are running scared.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Not a youngin'. I'd prefer they play but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.
    That's how I feel too. Don't like that it's going away but not gonna worry about it.

And I have a hard time believing UK is running scared. It's more likely about money or something that Scrap pointed out in that Crean and Cal are good friends and just may not want to play each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    As a season ticket holder, I put up with the last 4 Tubby Smith years and 2 horrible years of Billy G. After I pay the cost of the 2 tickets, the forced Blue White fund donation, parking, and gas from Mt. Stering it cost me $210 a game...thats right...per game! Thats over $4,000 per season. You now remove North Carolina and Indiana from the schedule because you don't want to take the chance on losing to them. How many Samfords, and Middle Tennessee of the Holy Rosary can you sechedule coach? How many really good SEC home games are there? Florida? Vandy? Miss st every other year? Why should I pay this? Every game is on TV in HD.

I just wish Caoch Cal were honest. We don't want to play Indiana in Bloomington because its a VERY hard place to win. We really don't care about the loyal season ticket holders who put up with some very bad teams because hey....someone is in line to take your spot...their money is as good as yours. To remove the only good pre-conference games from the schedule is just a slap in the face to all the PAYING fans who put up with a lot of bad teams over the last 2 coaches.

I get the fact that I should be happy with a National Championship...I am. However to ask us to pay $200 to watch 35 point blow outs is not cool. To ask for some good home games is not expecting to much. Indiana, and North Carolina were GOOD home and home series.

I understand your frustration, but I don't see it as the Cats are running scared.

The North Carolina series from all reports isn't so much as dead as it is UK is wanting to skip a year. As it stands, we are playing Louisville and a Big East team to be named later on the road, as well as Maryland and Duke in off campus sites. UK needed the scheduling flexibility so the UNC series is on hold, at least for now. Even if we get a quality non-conference game or two this season in Rupp, that's still a pretty brutal away schedule for a young team, and then throw UNC into it. I'd rather play UNC at home when we play Louisville on the road, and vice versa.

As for the Indiana series, I'm disappointed, but it's not the end of the world. I'd like to see them replaced with Ohio State though.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

I aint gonna lose any sleep over it myself. Disappointment is an understatement on my end. UK and IU have played every year as long as I can remember. Heck, it very well might be the longest OOC rivalry there ever was.

I aint passing blame to either institution. Just a pitiful situation for the fans.

But it does leave a void for IU. Most experts are saying they will draw UNC in the ACC/B1G challenge and have a potential match-up against UCLA in the Legends classic. I cant remember how that Crossroads Classic is set up.

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post

Not sure if serious.......

Season ticket holders can whine, but at the end of the day, no one is giving up their tickets, and if they do, those tickets are re-sold with a mandatory 100K (lowers) K-Fund donation in about 5 seconds.

I'm not trying to ruffle feathers here, most the UK fans on this site are much more pleasant than the ones I encounter in the Louisville area, but after reading Calipari's latest blog post on scheduling, shame on you if you buy a word of that garbage about protecting his players.

It's crap. You would think UK players needed to be checked into a mental institute after their game in Assembly Hall.

The only thing Calipari is protecting his kids from is the horrors of being a 3 or 4 seed every fourth year instead of a 1 or 2.
    Last edited by Playadlc; 05-09-2012 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    I'm not trying to ruffle feathers here, most the UK fans on this site are much more pleasant than the ones I encounter in the Louisville area, but after reading Calipari's latest blog post on scheduling, shame on you if you buy a word of that garbage about protecting his players.

It's crap. You would think UK players needed to be checked into a mental institute after their game in Assembly Hall.

The only thing Calipari is protecting his kids from is the horrors of being a 3 or 4 seed every fourth year instead of a 1 or 2.
    Maybe I read the wrong blog post but I didn't really see him saying anything against IU's fans. Most of his reasons seemed understandable to me, it is probably best for his team to play more neutral site games in large venues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I dont know about any blog or whatever. Crean and Cal are taking the political correct high roads here. dab posted a good read in the UK thread that I completely agree with concerning the series coming to an end. Shame on both institutions for not coming to a solution...........1969-2012...........that's a lot of years to flush down the toilet.

Scholarship problems in Bloomington........

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...ship-situation

IU's oversigned AGAIN in 2013 as Stanford Robinson, a 6'4" point guard ranked anywhere from 46 to 94 depending on who you ask committed to the Hoosiers last night.

While I'm all in favor with bringing in the best talent available, I hope that it doesn't lead to guys like Austin Etherington being shown the door.

If Indiana truly is different, as many in the fan base want to believe, then it's different because it's able to recruit like a perennial powerhouse and develop players like a mid-major.

Certainly some guys will come and see that this isn't the right fit and leave of their own volition. And some guys will actually be ready for the NBA after 1,2, or 3 years. I don't begrudge any coach who actually assumes this will happen. I think that was part of why there's the scholarship crunch now. Crean recruited assuming that either Watford or Creek would be gone by next year.
    But I hope anyone who agrees to come to IU is able to stay through the end of his four years and the guys who don't necessarily have a role right away will be able to hone one or two skills and find ways to contribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

I think it is a good problem to have although TC should have been thinking about it before hand. Roth has a year left after red-shirting a year due to an injury. Mo Creek should have additional year left after missing all of last season. My guess is that for this year, that Roth will have to pay his own way(He already has a Master's) and that one of the incoming recruits will go to prep school.

As far as 2013-2014, we will have to see. Watford, Hulls, and Elston will be gone. Mo Creek is still a question mark. And Zellar and Oladipo might make the jump to the NBA, as well as maybe Perrea?

But I dont want to see Etherington or Abel ushered out the door.

Zellar getting bigger and better and a shot at Cal..............

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...g-to-everybody

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

INDIANAPOLIS -- Negotiations to keep the Kentucky-Indiana series going have broken down for the second time.

Indiana officials announced May 3 that they could not reach a deal to extend the contract, which expired after last season.

According to a letter between the school's two athletic directors obtained Wednesday, negotiations resumed on May 10 and didn't end until Kentucky's DeWayne Peevy contacted Indiana officials on May 24 to reject the offer.

Indiana athletic director Fred Glass wrote that he would agree to play games in 2012 and 2013 at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis if the next two games were played on campus. Indiana also offered to share a $100,000 buyout to move a conflicting game.

The letter says Kentucky declined
    http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...collapse-again
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Turn Off Ads?