Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Basketball

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

LOL........I think Bob Knight wrote that press release!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont matter, it is what it is. UK wants money from their marquee games, nothing wrong with that. It will be interesting to see if they go on a down swing if they come knockin'

2. Turn Off Ads?

Here is another write-up on the situation......

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...-rivalry-offer

This game is clearly not going to happen. You can't make deals with people who dont want to budge and work with you. IU gave a GREAT Idea, and UK spit on it.

UK will play anyone ON THEIR TERMS, and screw everyone else's terms. Look what they got from Baylor, a home game AND a neutral court game. Baylor caved for the money, plain and simple. I'm thrilled that Glass and Crean stood up and said "no, we'll compromise, but we won't give in to your every whim".

I think a neutral series that just happens to occur in the state of Indiana is a great deal for IU. For some reason, they refuse to play in a neutral site, despite playing nearly 20 straight years at neutral sites. And UK clearly isn't scared to play anyone - they play home and homes with UNC and UL (which are much better teams than IU BTW), they play at Notre Dame next year, plus they play neutral games vs. Duke and Maryland next season. To suggest they're "scared" of IU is completely ridiculous particularly given how they've completely dominated the series, regardless of where it has been played. The fact is UK doesn't need Indiana and it hurts IU's feelings. Fine, don't play UK - UK will find someone better to play anyway.

And let's compare OOC schedules next season and we'll see which team is scared to play a tough OOC schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by cooperlamar View Post
    I think a neutral series that just happens to occur in the state of Indiana is a great deal for IU. For some reason, they refuse to play in a neutral site, despite playing nearly 20 straight years at neutral sites. And UK clearly isn't scared to play anyone - they play home and homes with UNC and UL (which are much better teams than IU BTW), they play at Notre Dame next year, plus they play neutral games vs. Duke and Maryland next season. To suggest they're "scared" of IU is completely ridiculous particularly given how they've completely dominated the series, regardless of where it has been played. The fact is UK doesn't need Indiana and it hurts IU's feelings. Fine, don't play UK - UK will find someone better to play anyway.

And let's compare OOC schedules next season and we'll see which team is scared to play a tough OOC schedule.
    Dude, you are blind. IU wanted to play the game at Rupp this upcoming season. Rest on your laurels. The fact of the matter is UK wants money and IU wants the game played on campus. You might have dominated the series in the last 20 years, but the worm has turned.......hence the scared to play IU. UNC will be just like you guys next year.......a bunch of freshmen that are unproven. Enjoy that tough conference you are in and look forward to meeting you in the tournament next year. You and Duke can get cozy under the sheets, and Good Luck in South Bend.

Some recruiting news.......

http://www.insidethehall.com/

Stat geek...and proud
    Neil Reed died. Sad. 36 years old. I know he's not Mr. Popular in Hoosierland but I always respected him for having the stones to stand up to Knight. Nobody else did. Maybe if they had he wouldn't have thought he could do whatever he wanted with no repercussions and the end of his IU career could have been on his terms, which he could have had.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Neil Reed, a standout basketball player at East Jefferson High School in the early 1990s, who later played at Indiana University and gained national fame for being attacked by Hoosiers Coach Bobby Knight, has died at age 36.

Reed died Thursday in Nipomo, Calif., after suffering a massive heart attack on Wednesday, former East Jefferson Coach Jim Robarts said Thursday. Nipomo is located about 150 miles northwest of Los Angeles in San Luis Obispo County.
    http://highschoolsports.nola.com/new...ead-at-age-36/
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 07-27-2012 at 02:10 PM.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Neil Reed died. Sad. 36 years old. I know he's not Mr. Popular in Hoosierland but I always respected him for having the stones to stand up to Knight. Nobody else did. Maybe if they had he wouldn't have thought he could do whatever he wanted with no repercussions and the end of his IU career could have been on his terms, which he could have had.
    This is obviously very sad news, especially factoring in the wife and kids he leaves behind.

It is also sad that Reed will be forever tied to an underachieving disappointing era of I.U basketball. I'm not trying to trivialize Reed's death at all, but there's just no getting around it.

I actually agree with everything you've written. But I'll add this--Even if the events leading up to Reed's decision to transfer hadn't occurred, it was still apparent, at least to me, that Knight just wasn't getting it done anymore when you consider that class after class in the mid-to-late 90's resulted in underachieving teams, even though Knight was actually recruiting some top-flight talent. So Knight going out on his terms may have resulted in more mediocre B-Ball.

Again, I want to make this clear: this all pales in comparison to Reed's untimely passing.

Sadly, Reed is the third I.U player from the late 90's to pass away, preceded by Jason Collier and William Gladness.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...il-reed-i-knew
    Nice story by Feldman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Razor is guaranteeing a Hoosier title this year, I hope the boys can live up to all these checks he's been writing.

Preseason #1 has a nice ring to it.

UK, IU, and UofL are all highly ranked in the pre-season. We are in a basketball mecca.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Recruiting news.

ESPN 100 small forward Troy Williams committed to Indiana on Sunday over offers from North Carolina, Louisville, Arkansas, Alabama and Ohio State.

The 6-foot-7 Williams (Hampton, Va./Oak Hill Academy) is the 32nd-ranked player overall
    http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...diana-hoosiers

Turn Off Ads?