Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Basketball

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    You should have called in and asked him to name the last post player on a top 10 team that averaged that many points a game.

There could be a glaring one I'm over looking but I can't off the top of my head think of who that would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ralph Sampson comes to mind.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Ralph Sampson comes to mind.
    Well if a slacker like Ralph Sampson could do it.
    I'd think Laettner did as well.

The more names we bring up and the further back we go, the more impressive the feat becomes and it underscores just how impressive Zeller is.

He can absolutely affect games before he scores a single point with his defense and passing. Just his ability to wear out the other team by running down the court EVERY SINGLE TIME has some impact. Add to that a guy who can get you 15-16 points pretty much every night?
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

LOL HR!!!!!!!

However I said Ralph Sampson came to mind. He dominated for 3 years at UVA, but they also werent a one man team. Laettner also had a great cast around him. Without checking the archives, Wayman Tisdale was a polific scorer.

But anyways back to Zellar. He is awesome. I have never seen anything like him wearing the Cream and Crimson.

Great game today and losing to Butler doesn't really hurt at all. I came out of this game thinking as an IU fan I would rather have Brad Stevens as my coach than Tom Crean.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Great game today and losing to Butler doesn't really hurt at all. I came out of this game thinking as an IU fan I would rather have Brad Stevens as my coach than Tom Crean.
    I think most teams in America would say that, I still love Crean, but I can admit Stevens is probably a better coach.

"I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Stevens is a bad man. When Butler moves to whatever the Big East basketball league becomes, they should go ahead and commission the statue of him that belongs outside Hinkle.

I think most teams in America would say that, I still love Crean, but I can admit Stevens is probably a better coach.

He is just magnificent at getting the matchups he wants and avoiding the ones he doesn't.

Last play was a perfect example. He knew Jordy would guard the weakest offensive guard, so instead of running through his best offensive player, the play ran at IU's weakest defender expecting Barlow to kick out to whomever had a guy come in on help defense.

Crean's defensive plan wasn't even bad as no one helped Hulls, which meant Butler's last option on offense was shooting, he just happened to make it.

ce la vi.
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

What was up with Hulls shoving Creek and Sheehy screaming in Remy's face?

Why did it take Crean an hour to collect himself enough to come talk to the media after the loss?

Why did Crean have Zeller on the bench on the final Butler basket?

Who does Crean think he is kidding trying to call that a road game? At least 14k Hoosier fans were in attendance, by far the largest fan contingent.

Why didn't Butler rush the court??

Still trying to lick my wounds on this one... So many thoughts...

1. Stevens flat-out out-coached Crean. Crean didn't adjust. Almost 10 minutes with Butler's best inside presences playing with 4 fouls and we still didn't pound the ball inside... Settled for far too many mid-range and long jumpers. Allowed Butler to dictate tempo.

2. Switches on screens... what is going on around the perimeter defensively? Too many times where both defenders took the screener and allowed the ball-handler to dribble away from the screen and fire up a wide-open 3.

3. Watford... Where art thou Christian? Looks lost, looks disinterested, and looks lazy... Is this due to him having to body up on a more physical offensive threat while on defense due to the Yogi/Jordan guard situation?

4. Zeller... The guns look nice. Unfortunately they aren't allowing you to body up and gain position in the post.

5. Offense. Feed the post... Too many forced jump shots. When they aren't falling, go inside-out.

6. Press Clippings. Still believing them? Looked like a team expecting to be handed the win. You earned the glory. Now earn the right to maintain it.

7. Fouls... Quit crying Butler. When your team settles for jumpers you're more prone to get blown out on trips to the line... Over the course of the game IU attacked the basket more. Clearly they'll get more calls.

8. Yogi... Get the ball in his hands more. Too much passing around the perimeter removes the ball from your best option for creating off of the dribble... I'm tired of seeing Yogi pass it off to Jordan. He's the most susceptible ball handler to being forced out of the offense by on the ball pressure.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I'm not sure which of Butler's mighty mites he could have guarded one on one on the perimeter. Knew Butler was going to spread them out, drive, and kick with whomever was helping.

Of course when Jordan Hulls can't stay in front of a walk on, maybe there are other issues with perimeter defense.

What was up with Hulls shoving Creek and Sheehy screaming in Remy's face?

Why did it take Crean an hour to collect himself enough to come talk to the media after the loss?

Who does Crean think he is kidding trying to call that a road game? At least 14k Hoosier fans were in attendance, by far the largest fan contingent.

Why didn't Butler rush the court??
    Answers:
    1: Because they farted in his general direction.

2: Because he was farting on the team.

3: Brad Stevens farted on Zeller and he couldn't keep the tears out of his eyes.

4: The fog of farts made it look like Hinkle.

5: Because of all the farting.

I tried to answer those questions with as much sincerity as you put into asking them.

Answers:
    1: Because they farted in his general direction.

2: Because he was farting on the team.

3: Brad Stevens farted on Zeller and he couldn't keep the tears out of his eyes.

4: The fog of farts made it look like Hinkle.

5: Because of all the farting.

I tried to answer those questions with as much sincerity as you put into asking them.

The last one was a joke, the rest are all legitimate questions, understandable you can't/won't try to answer them, however.

The last one was a joke, the rest are all legitimate questions, understandable you can't/won't try to answer them, however.
    Do you really care about the answers or do you just enjoy asking the questions to point out the flaws in the team?

It's not a perfect team. I and others pointed out early on that Yogi and Hulls being on the floor at the same time is a defensive liability that would probably eventually be exploited. At the same time losing to Butler isn't too terrible. Stevens is a great coach and knows how to get his guys ready for big games. Add to that two guys who are going to be a big part of the team are still in the early stages of coming off suspension, so I don't think the team is quite a finished product yet.

And you really cannot discount all the farting.

Last edited by Razor Shines; 12-20-2012 at 02:18 PM.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

#2 in the country? IU didn't even look like the #2 team in the YMCA league tonight. There are zero positives to take away from this game.

If this bench doesn't start producing more than 2 or 3 points per game, the likelihood for a special season will be out the window.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

For a Level Playing Field

What I found amazing is that Wisconsin has beaten Indiana 11 straight games... incl. 5 straight at Assembly Hall. For whatever reason they just seem to have IU's (and Crean's) number.

Turn Off Ads?