Turn Off Ads?
Page 43 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Basketball

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: Indiana 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 Basketball

After falling short of the Sweet 16, Is UNC still an Elite Program? A rational thinking College CBB fan will say "yes".

This is how it should read.

It seems that somebody - I won't mention any names - forgot his second cup of morning coffee.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

From Seth Davis's early Top 20 poll for next year.

16. Indiana

Yes, the Hoosiers are losing a lot, but this wasn’t just a great team — it’s a great program. Yogi Ferrell should be one of the nation’s top point guards as a sophomore, and Tom Crean is bringing in a top-five recruiting class led by Noah Vonleh and Troy Williams.
    http://m.si.com/2767536/kentucky-mic...3-14-rankings/

The Hoosiers have six players signed for the 2013-14 season, headlined by Noah Vonleh, a top-10 recruit out of New Hampton (N.H.) School.

Troy Williams of Oak Hill (Va.) Academy, Stan Robinson of Findlay (Nev.) Prep and Luke Fischer of Germantown (Wis.) High School round out the group’s consensus top-150 picks, and state products Devin Davis of Warren Central and Collin Hartman of Indianapolis Cathedral will also wear the cream and crimson.

The class is ranked No. 6 in the nation according to the 247Composite, a service from 247Sports.com that compiles rankings from the major recruiting sites – Rivals, Scout, ESPN.com and itself – into one ranking.

“The other recruits and I, we’re going to try to make as big an impact as they did,” said Williams, a 6-6 shooting guard who is ranked 46th in the nation by 247Composite. “We got a lot of athletic people coming in, we got a lot of people who can play inside and out. … All over the court, we’ll create mismatches.”
    http://www.journalgazette.net/articl...71/1008/SPORTS
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Jay Bilas has IU ranked #10 going into next season.

Also, Remy Abell is transferring next season too.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    The whole "were better off now than we were 5 years ago" line of thinking is getting old. Your IU basketball, you supposed to be good. It takes 1-2 years to build a club from nothing to something, especially with IU's pedigree.

IU may have tough sledding next season. Losing Hulls, Oladipo, Zeller and Watford is going to be a tough task to overcome. The only guy currently on their roster who has a chance at becoming a B1G award winner next season is Ferrell.
    That't not true either. Vonleh probably has a better chance than Ferrell and Will Sheehey also has a shot. Perea will be very good next season. I loved Hulls but he and Ferrell playing at the same time hurt them quite a bit this year, it will be nice to have a guard with some size at the 2 next year.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

The news about Abell is somewhat disappointing. I was hoping that he would be a solid contributor next season. But I guess the good news is that he's transferring because he doesn't think he'll get much playing time next year, so Crean must have a lot of confidence that the guys coming in will be able to contribute right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    The news about Abell is somewhat disappointing. I was hoping that he would be a solid contributor next season. But I guess the good news is that he's transferring because he doesn't think he'll get much playing time next year, so Crean must have a lot of confidence that the guys coming in will be able to contribute right away.
    I find Abell's transfer a bit vexing myself. I thought he was a shoe-in for big minutes next year, likely to be one of the more dependable players on the roster with a decent shot at a breakout year. Even more baffling is the lack of depth at the 2. I suppose now the minutes are up for grabs between Mo Creek, Stan Robinson, and maybe Colin Hartman.

At the end of the day, one of the scholarship players needed to go (or one of the recruits Patterson'd), just really surprised Crean went with Abell.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    I find Abell's transfer a bit vexing myself. I thought he was a shoe-in for big minutes next year, likely to be one of the more dependable players on the roster with a decent shot at a breakout year. Even more baffling is the lack of depth at the 2. I suppose now the minutes are up for grabs between Mo Creek, Stan Robinson, and maybe Colin Hartman.

At the end of the day, one of the scholarship players needed to go (or one of the recruits Patterson'd), just really surprised Crean went with Abell.
    Yeah... Abell was the only player that acted like he had any clue on how to handle a zone... He's the only one I can remember pass faking and then swinging the ball opposite. Lead to a 3.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

IU now 1 below scholly limit as Maurice Creek says he'll graduate in May and head elsewhere.

http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/2013/04/...medium=twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

10. Likes:

Southpaw (06-04-2013)

OVERSIGNING!
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Also hats off to the Hoosier baseball team who earned the first regional championship in school history.

They take on FSU in the Super Regional, even if they lose, at least they'll have Sweet 16 rings.
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Also hats off to the Hoosier baseball team who earned the first regional championship in school history.

They take on FSU in the Super Regional, even if they lose, at least they'll have Sweet 16 rings.
    Coach Smith may be the best all-around college coach in the country. I also grew up playing with their pitching coach. Annnnnnd... Their stud catcher is from my hometown.

So I guess I'm rooting for the Hoosiers a bit this weekend.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

IIRC one of the posters' (Razor Shines?) younger brother who was going to play Baseball for the Hoosiers? If so, congrats especially to him.

It is impressive. IU is a tough place to win. The Big Ten is a pretty lousy baseball league, and all your local prospects want to go much further south. Nevermind the issues with trying to pull players out of the south to get them to come north.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    IIRC one of the posters' (Razor Shines?) younger brother who was going to play Baseball for the Hoosiers? If so, congrats especially to him.
    That was me. He was only offered a very small scholarship at IU and he was offered a full ride somewhere else, so he took that.

Still I'm excited for IU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?