Turn Off Ads?
Page 49 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Basketball

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: Indiana 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    What Pearl and Sampson have in common would make me hire neither. If they are good basketball coaches, let them go coach somewhere that recruiting is not as important as the coaching.
    Oh, I'm not advocating hiring Pearl re-hiring Sampson at all. I'm simply acknowledging WMR's point that, given the resources/talent within close proximity, Pearl -- assuming he can keep his hand out of the cookie jar -- could very well return IU to annual National prominence -- not that I'm ready to kick Crean to the curb, as I believe that he can still accomplish that.

Sampson, who is currently an assistant with the Houston Rockets, was simply thrown into the conversation as a comparison to Pearl from the standpoint of actual coaching vs. compliance risk. After all, Sampson, for all of his faults, had few peers as a bench coach -- he was named National coach of the year at least once -- and nobody can take that away from him.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

2. Turn Off Ads?

What an enormous win tonight.

4. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (01-15-2014),Kingspoint (01-15-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    Great win! Congrats. Storming the floor was a little gauche though.

6. Likes:

dubc47834 (01-17-2014)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post

You can say that again.

* The turnovers were kept to a minimum.

* Thanks to Stan Robinson taking the pressure off of Ferrell -- both seemingly can get to the rim at will -- the Hoosiers have finally figured out a way to execute in the half-court.

* Finally, the Crean can't beat Ryan spiel no longer holds water, which is especially sweet because it was all at the expense of what many -- not necessarily yours truly -- consider Ryan's best team.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    I'm in favor of storming the court after every win. Let the fuddy duddies decide that they're too cool for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

9. Likes:

BRM (01-15-2014),Razor Shines (01-15-2014),Wonderful Monds (01-14-2014)

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I'm in favor of storming the court after every win. Let the fuddy duddies decide that they're too cool for it.
    If a bunch of drunk college kids wanna act like morons, I'm cool with that. That's what college is for!

11. Likes:

Razor Shines (01-15-2014)

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Our friend Muta says this each time a good/great Wisconsin team loses and the other fans celebrate. He is a loyal Badgers fan, but he knows the Wisconsin faithful do the same when they upset an opponent on their football field or basketball court. Google images show those Madison folks do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Our friend Muta says this each time a good/great Wisconsin team loses and the other fans celebrate. He is a loyal Badgers fan, but he knows the Wisconsin faithful do the same when they upset an opponent on their football field or basketball court. Google images show those Madison folks do the same.
    I thought Muta was a Marquette fan.

If UK fans ever storm Rupp after a win I would be embarrassed. Same goes for Duke, UNC, Kansas or any other blue blood of college basketball. I thought Indiana was in that category too, guess I was wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Re: Indiana Basketball

I personally think Indiana fans should at least pretend like they're still Indiana for God's sake and avoid rushing the court after beating freaking Wisconsin of all people. But I'm not an IU fan, and they can obviously do whatever they want.

15. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-15-2014),WVRed (01-15-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post

If UK fans ever storm Rupp after a win I would be embarrassed. Same goes for Duke, UNC, Kansas or any other blue blood of college basketball. I thought Indiana was in that category too, guess I was wrong.
    You guess you were wrong? Huh, I was gonna guess you were something else.

Who cares if they storm the court? Maybe they weren't even storming the court? Maybe somebody farted in the stands and it was a bad one?
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Well you know those dumb Indiana folk...someone yelled Crean has an ear of corn in his pocket and naturally that started a stampede. Turns out it wasn't an ear of corn at all Crean was just massively excited to have finally beat Ryan.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 01-15-2014 at 03:17 PM.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

18. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-15-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post

Despite having two degrees from Madison, have always been a big time Marquette fan. Go Buzz and go Luke Fischer. Religion trumps everything else.

Enjoyed last night's win a lot. I dislike Bo a lot more than I dislike Crean. Plus I took the four points with both hands.

Not a big deal, and it is a bunch of college kids and it is the midwest, but coolness is important, and storming the court in January is not cool. Suspect the Tanned One had something to do with it.
    Last edited by Mutaman; 01-15-2014 at 05:10 PM.

20. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-15-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Well you know those dumb Indiana folk...someone yelled Crean has an ear of corn in his pocket and naturally that started a stampede. Turns out it wasn't an ear of corn at all Crean was just massively excited to have finally beat Ryan.
    Bob Knight rolling over in his grave...

Think he would have tolerated a program with 5 titles rushing the court for beating a team like Wiscy?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Bob Knight rolling over in his grave...

Think he would have tolerated a program with 5 titles rushing the court for beating a team like Wiscy?
    It's drunk kids. Running onto a basketball court. Why this is a chronic case for the morality police, I will never know.

Perhaps we could talk about, who knows, the actual basketball game.

Stanford Robinson sure looks like he's developing into something. If he can continue to bring it consistently, that's a nice 1-2 punch in the backcourt with Yogi.

Also, whither Jeremy Hollowell? In all honesty, I find his absence somewhat refreshing. He can be an exceptionally frustrating player to watch.

23. Likes:

indyscott (01-16-2014),Revering4Blue (01-15-2014),VottoFan54 (01-15-2014)

Re: Indiana Basketball

He said he has no problem with court-storming.

"It was very spur-of-the-moment," Crean said of Tuesday's celebration. "Those are how memories get created, and those are how experiences get talked about for years and years.

"I love the tradition of college basketball, but I don't think there's any one way to do it, and I don't think there's any person that can really (control it)."
    http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...rming/4497185/

Crean selling his mediocre results for all they're worth... Net cutting after losses, phone books, shrines... How long will IU fans keep buying this crap?

Btw: he should call the general if he needs advice on how to stop it. Bobby would've grabbed the PA mic and stopped it with a quickness.
    Last edited by WMR; 01-15-2014 at 06:43 PM.

Turn Off Ads?