Turn Off Ads?
Page 50 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Basketball

Re: Indiana Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...rming/4497185/

Crean selling his mediocre results for all they're worth... Net cutting after losses, phone books, shrines... How long will IU fans keep buying this crap?

Btw: he should call the general if he needs advice on how to stop it. Bobby would've grabbed the PA mic and stopped it with a quickness.
    Couldn't have put it better myself. I'm kinda surprised the Worldwide Leader hasn't asked for Mr. Knights opinion, given it was a topic on ESPN last night.

It should speak volumes when Arkansas doesn't storm the court after upsetting Kentucky yet Indiana does after beating Wisconsin.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Indiana 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    It's drunk kids. Running onto a basketball court. Why this is a chronic case for the morality police, I will never know.
    Fans have a right to storm the court and other fans have a right to comment on how tacky it is. No biggie either way.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Couldn't have put it better myself. I'm kinda surprised the Worldwide Leader hasn't asked for Mr. Knights opinion, given it was a topic on ESPN last night.

It should speak volumes when Arkansas doesn't storm the court after upsetting Kentucky yet Indiana does after beating Wisconsin.
    Kentucky wasn't undefeated and ranked #3 in the country.

As to the bigger picture, I find it tough to criticize college kids for having a little harmless fun, regardless of where they go to school or how good/bad/"blue blooded" their basketball program is.

Big. Stinkin. Deal.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

5. Likes:

BRM (01-15-2014),Playadlc (01-15-2014),Razor Shines (01-15-2014),Revering4Blue (01-15-2014),Wonderful Monds (01-18-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post

As to the bigger picture, I find it tough to criticize college kids for having a little harmless fun
    Its very tough, but somebody's gotta to do it.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Well, they've beaten UK three times in a row in Fayetteville, so perhaps the Arkansas fans are used to it by now.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

8. Likes:

indyscott (01-16-2014),jimbo (01-15-2014)

Re: Indiana 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Bob Knight rolling over in his grave...

Think he would have tolerated a program with 5 titles rushing the court for beating a team like Wiscy?
    Bob Knight worship, again?

Yawn.

I'll take tired topics for 100, Alex!

Respectfully, the majority of IU backers have done what, apparently, the anti-IU folks have been, so far, unwilling to do:

We've moved on.
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 01-15-2014 at 09:40 PM.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

As to the bigger picture, I find it tough to criticize college kids for having a little harmless fun, regardless of where they go to school or how good/bad/"blue blooded" their basketball program is.

Big. Stinkin. Deal.
    Agreed.

So long as they don't act like Jackwagons -- like several did following UK's last visit to Assembly Hall -- what's the problem?

When its your team, its harmless fun. When its somebody else's team, its "was that a storm the floor worthy win? Geesh, never won a big game before?" It just works that way.

On another note, I think Tom Crean has some emotional imbalance that will get him in trouble eventually.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    On another note, I think Tom Crean has some emotional imbalance that will get him in trouble eventually.
    He's got nothing on his brother-in-law

13. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (01-18-2014)

I'm a little surprised they didn't considering they had just won the super bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Agreed.

So long as they don't act like Jackwagons -- like several did following UK's last visit to Assembly Hall -- what's the problem?
    All blue blooded comments aside, I normally wouldn't agree with Coach K, but he made some comments some time ago about why storming the court shouldn't be allowed.

Two reasons in particular I agree with :

1. Injuries to players. Two years ago, Darius Miller nearly got trampled at Indiana. That was more of a freak situation given it was a game winning shot and the chaos that followed.

2. Incidents with fans. UK has had three incidents with this just in the Calipari era, including one last night with Aaron Harrison and a fan. How long before a player gets attacked or a player turns on a fan and it turns into an all out brawl?

I don't have a problem with fans storming the court, but I can understand the concerns. I do think though Indiana should be the fanbase who WANTS fans to storm the court when they get beaten, not the other way around.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Stat geek...and proud

To be fair to the students at Indiana, the Knight era ended when a senior would have still been in grade school. That's a lifetime ago for them. Indiana's history means nothing to them. It's like when I was 9 watching the 87 team and people were like, you should have seen the 76 team, and I'm like, dude, I wasn't alive then!

Big. Stinkin. Deal.
    Rumor has it Vandy was gonna rush the court once... unfortunately none of the Vandy nerds had the requisite upper body strength to lift themselves up onto the elevated floor.

All blue blooded comments aside, I normally wouldn't agree with Coach K, but he made some comments some time ago about why storming the court shouldn't be allowed.

Two reasons in particular I agree with :

1. Injuries to players. Two years ago, Darius Miller nearly got trampled at Indiana. That was more of a freak situation given it was a game winning shot and the chaos that followed.

2. Incidents with fans. UK has had three incidents with this just in the Calipari era, including one last night with Aaron Harrison and a fan. How long before a player gets attacked or a player turns on a fan and it turns into an all out brawl?

I don't have a problem with fans storming the court, but I can understand the concerns. I do think though Indiana should be the fanbase who WANTS fans to storm the court when they get beaten, not the other way around.
    In all seriousness, as the bar for what "deserves" a court storming drops lower and lower and they become more and more common, there will eventually be an all out brawl, serious injury or death and then they will stop.

The NCAA should institute a $100,000 fine and forfeiture of the game and this foolishness would be cut out overnight. Counting on the NCAA to be proactive about anything--besides preemptively excusing systemic academic fraud at UNC--, however, is an exercise in futility.

If you're really worried about safety, why only complain when Indiana does it?
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

20. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (01-18-2014)

Turn Off Ads?