Turn Off Ads?
Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Basketball

Re: Indiana Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Couldn't have put it better myself. I'm kinda surprised the Worldwide Leader hasn't asked for Mr. Knights opinion, given it was a topic on ESPN last night.

It should speak volumes when Arkansas doesn't storm the court after upsetting Kentucky yet Indiana does after beating Wisconsin.
    Kentucky wasnt undefeated and no one there buys into Cheataparis notion that UK is the greatest program in the world. But I cant remember, did Robert Morris students rush the court?

But its always nice to have fans of UK to come here and say what is proper protocol for behavior and reputation saving. We appreciate it
    Last edited by indyscott; 01-16-2014 at 07:12 AM.

2. Likes:

BillDoran (01-16-2014),jimbo (01-16-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    If you're really worried about safety, why only complain when Indiana does it?
    Because there's a thread about them and they seem to be always doing it?

To be clear, I have two points, irrespective of one another:

1) IU is too good of a program to be rushing the court, ever

2) Rushing the court should be outlawed in college sports

Quote Originally Posted by indyscott View Post
    Kentucky wasnt undefeated and no one there buys into Cheataparis notion that UK is the greatest program in the world. But I cant remember, did Robert Morris students rush the court?

But its always nice to have fans of UK to come here and say what is proper protocol for behavior and reputation saving. We appreciate it
    Arky actually was about to rush the court and some people had started to until folks realized the game wasn't quite over yet.

Trust me, everyone else in the SEC is fully aware that UK is the GOAT, that's why seemingly every away game is either a t shirt game, an honor a former past great day, etc. etc. etc. Check average SEC attendance for the games directly before and after UK comes to town. It's comical.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Arky actually was about to rush the court and some people had started to until folks realized the game wasn't quite over yet.

Trust me, everyone else in the SEC is fully aware that UK is the GOAT, that's why seemingly every away game is either a t shirt game, an honor a former past great day, etc. etc. etc. Check average SEC attendance for the games directly before and after UK comes to town. It's comical.
    You think maybe that has to do with the SEC stinking in basketball and the only good team that comes is UK? And just because no one goes to games in the SEC doesnt make it a good point on your away attendance.

You think maybe that has to do with the SEC stinking in basketball and the only good team that comes is UK? And just because no one goes to games in the SEC doesnt make it a good point on your away attendance.
    They come in record numbers even when UK is average or bad (BCG years, last season).

You're really trying to contend that teams don't want to beat UK more than anyone else?

We've had IU fans on this very board say that they cared more about beating UK than Purdue. Hell, Purdue didn't get a phone book or shrine for a reg season game, last time I checked.
    Last edited by WMR; 01-16-2014 at 08:57 AM.

They come in record numbers even when UK is average or bad (BCG years, last season).

You're really trying to contend that teams don't want to beat UK more than anyone else?

We've had IU fans on this very board say that they cared more about beating UK than Purdue. Hell, Purdue didn't get a phone book or shrine for a reg season game, last time I checked.
    What does that have to do with anything at all? You change the topic from SEC road games to IU playing Purdue or UK. I am not sure where you are getting the "they come in record numbers" to see UK on the road. Do you have a link to that? Or is this speculation? I would guess NC would rather beat Duke and vice versa. I would guess Syracuse would rather beat Georgetown. I love how you have come to the conclusion that EVERY NCAA team would rather beat UK than ANY other team. LOL @ your self righteousness

^ WMR is correct about UK road games. The only time most SEC teams sell out is when UK comes to town. It's the others team Super Bowl. When the SEC went to the unbalanced schedule a few years ago the other SEC teams complained about it because UK wasn't going to be coming into town every year. That meant they lost a big payday. I'm not going to take the time to look up the numbers but its true. I've followed UK basketball for over 40 years and this has never changed.
    I'll agree with others that rushing the court should be banned. Someone is going to get seriously hurt or killed doing this someday. It will probably take some tragedy before the NCAA will act though.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

It works out great for UK. This way they never lose, because they either win the game, or they only lost because "it was the other team's Super Bowl". Laughably, they've even used that line in football a time or two.

11. Likes:

indyscott (01-16-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    ^ WMR is correct about UK road games. The only time most SEC teams sell out is when UK comes to town. It's the others team Super Bowl. When the SEC went to the unbalanced schedule a few years ago the other SEC teams complained about it because UK wasn't going to be coming into town every year. That meant they lost a big payday. I'm not going to take the time to look up the numbers but its true. I've followed UK basketball for over 40 years and this has never changed.
    I'll agree with others that rushing the court should be banned. Someone is going to get seriously hurt or killed doing this someday. It will probably take some tragedy before the NCAA will act though.
    So what you are saying is UK may set records for road attendance against other SEC schools or against every school in the nation?

I do find the humor that someone is bragging about the "only time a team sells out in the SEC is when UK comes to town"

Fl St @ Florida. 12,000 capacity. 12,306 attended http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400502701

Kansas @ Fla. 12,423 attended
    http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400498299

Because there's a thread about them and they seem to be always doing it?

To be clear, I have two points, irrespective of one another:

1) IU is too good of a program to be rushing the court, ever

2) Rushing the court should be outlawed in college sports
    I agree totally with your second point. I've been saying that for years. Just doesn't seem like a good idea to have thousands of un coordinated kids stampeding toward the court like they're going for a $200 TV at Wal-Mart. It wouldn't take much of a bump to end a player's season or career.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

14. Likes:

WMR (01-16-2014)

So what you are saying is UK may set records for road attendance against other SEC schools or against every school in the nation?

I do find the humor that someone is bragging about the "only time a team sells out in the SEC is when UK comes to town"

Fl St @ Florida. 12,000 capacity. 12,306 attended http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400502701

Kansas @ Fla. 12,423 attended
    http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400498299
    I find it humourous that a school celebrates wins with popcorn boxes.

Good for Florida. It's about time they can sell out for someone else. Billy Donovan made them a consistant winner and its abut time they can draw good crowds. I was just pointing out the fact that UK is enough of a dominant team that they can sell out an arena where most of the time it does not. I'm sure that happens when Duke goes to most places in the ACC and the same in the Big 12 when Kanas goes on the road. I don't doubt that it happened in the Big 10 in the past when IU went on the road.
    Last edited by cumberlandreds; 01-16-2014 at 10:31 AM.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I find it humourous that a school celebrates wins with popcorn boxes.
    I find it humorous you dont want to take the time to show UK has set some kind of NCAA road records yet want to take time to post a useless post.

I find it humorous you dont want to take the time to show UK has set some kind of NCAA road records yet want to take time to post a useless post.
    I quit you win. You are the sole authoirty of college basketball. Go back and enjoy the rest of the season. I'm sorry I came here.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I quit you win. You are the sole authoirty of college basketball. Go back and enjoy the rest of the season. I'm sorry I came here.
    Never once have I claimed that. Dont be upset when i question your opinion as fact. You agreed that UK has some sort of road record attendance that being a fan of theirs for 40 years you know it as a truth.

I just get a kick out of UK fans coming here pointing some kind of moral compass as to what IU should or shouldnt be doing.

20. Likes:

dabvu2498 (01-16-2014),dubc47834 (01-19-2014),jimbo (01-16-2014),Playadlc (01-21-2014),Tom Servo (01-16-2014)

Turn Off Ads?