Turn Off Ads?
Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Basketball

Re: Indiana Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by indyscott View Post
    One of us has to have standards. :-)
    Last edited by WVRed; 01-16-2014 at 11:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I agree totally with your second point. I've been saying that for years. Just doesn't seem like a good idea to have thousands of un coordinated kids stampeding toward the court like they're going for a $200 TV at Wal-Mart. It wouldn't take much of a bump to end a player's season or career.
    Or a Malice in the Palace type of situation. I think that will happen before a player gets injured for the season.

I just would make sure it would be possible to get the opposing team off the court before utter bedlam set in. That's just me though.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I'm torn on this one. As my Alma Mater, I'm not sure I like seeing this. I typically think of seeing court rushes when a known lesser program beats a top program (no offense to those smaller programs). However, I will say that I think when IU rushed the court after beating UK a couple years back, I was okay with that. After all, UK might have gone undefeated that year had it not been for IU.

On the other hand, 12 straight wins against your program is nothing to sneeze out. And in what appears to be somewhat of a lost season for IU, a win like this might end up being their biggest win of the year (sad but true).

So I think I'm okay with it, but I don't want to see this again for a win in January against a conference rival.

Duke's rushed the court before...for beating VIRGINIA TECH...

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Duke's rushed the court before...for beating VIRGINIA TECH...

I will wait until the UK morality police release a statement.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Here's a blast from the past: A really good interview with A.J Guyton.

Well worth the read.

http://btn.com/2014/01/16/throwback-...as-a-j-guyton/
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by indyscott View Post
    I will wait until the UK morality police release a statement.
    They weren't actually rushing the court because of basketball, a UK fan snuck in and grabbed the PA mic and said there was a TI-83 Scientific Calculator giveaway at midcourt immediately following the game.
    Last edited by WMR; 01-17-2014 at 11:34 AM.

9. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-17-2014),Razor Shines (01-17-2014),Revering4Blue (01-17-2014),texasdave (01-17-2014),WVRed (01-17-2014)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Re: Indiana 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I thought Muta was a Marquette fan.

If UK fans ever storm Rupp after a win I would be embarrassed. Same goes for Duke, UNC, Kansas or any other blue blood of college basketball. I thought Indiana was in that category too, guess I was wrong.
    IU fan here...was NOT a fan of the storming. Wisky was #3 for crying out loud!!! DISAPPOINTED

11. Likes:

WVRed (01-17-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Arky actually was about to rush the court and some people had started to until folks realized the game wasn't quite over yet.

Trust me, everyone else in the SEC is fully aware that UK is the GOAT, that's why seemingly every away game is either a t shirt game, an honor a former past great day, etc. etc. etc. Check average SEC attendance for the games directly before and after UK comes to town. It's comical.
    I think UCLA might argue that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    I think UCLA might argue that!!!
    We're living in a what have you've done for me lately world.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Court-rushing or not, I'll be in attendance Saturday.

15. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (01-17-2014)

What is the IU fan opinion of Dan Dakich? Annoying blowhard? Awesome ambassador? Still angry he didn't get the IU job?

Obviously, I can't stand the guy, and he clearly has a major stick up his butt still about UK...

Just curious what IU fans think about him...

What is the IU fan opinion of Dan Dakich? Annoying blowhard? Awesome ambassador? Still angry he didn't get the IU job?

Obviously, I can't stand the guy, and he clearly has a major stick up his butt still about UK...

Awesome ambassador for the most part.

Annoying at times? Yes.

While I appreciate everything he's done for IU, I was never upset at all that he didn't land the IU job. Hiring him as permanent HC, while placating the small, but very vocal, crowd that will dismiss any coach not named Robert Montgomery Knight, wasn't a good idea, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    We're living in a what have you've done for me lately world.
    So I guess it's Louisville then. Or perhaps Arizona.

I generally like Dakich. He is very smart when it comes to basketball. I have never sensed he was angry about the IU job, pretty sure I heard before that he didn't even want the job full-time. Sometime he can be annoying, but what I like is he isn't an IU homer. He is pretty much straight up with his calls of the game. He really loves the game of basketball and anyone who loves the game like that I can't really hate on!

Turn Off Ads?