Turn Off Ads?
Page 57 of 68 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Basketball

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: Indiana Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    This is one of those things people complain about that I understand to a point, but really don't get why people are so upset about it.

I mean have Perea and Jurkin really shown anything to demonstrate they deserve more playing time?

It's obviously disappointing that Perea and Jurkin haven't developed more, but do you really want them out there right now that much more than Jeff Howard?

Crean's always been such a stalwart about earning playing time in practice. It doesn't make much sense to assert that if you can't back it up as a coach. It especially doesn't make sense to assert it if you aren't going to back it up even when the scholarship players are not likely to play better than the walk-ons who are likely practicing better.
    In Perea's case, heck yes in some cases.

I witnessed the Northwestern debacle firsthand, and while Howard entered the game and played meaningful minutes shutting down Drew Crawford in the process and allowing IU to get back in the game, that particular game against a much smaller opponent just screamed play Noah and HMP together.

The recent Duke/Syracuse game illustrated one textbook method of attacking the 2/3 zone and the same principles apply to attacking a packing-it-in defense....High - Low sets, which I've already outlined in a previous post. Also, by having both NV and HMP on the floor at same time, you virtually guarantee a weak side shot-blocking threat and on an offensively challenged team that needs to create offense from defense, improving interior defense-- and defense as whole -- even slightly could go a long way.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

2. Likes:

Assembly Hall (02-08-2014),dubc47834 (02-08-2014),Hoosier Red (02-08-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

BTW Blue...how about that Notre Dame game where the Irish bigs chewed up the Hoosiers?

Stat geek...and proud

Could we have a game where we don't turn the ball over 67 times?

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Could we have a game where we don't turn the ball over 67 times?
    I haven't checked them, but I'm fairly certain that IU's first half/second half splits in the B1G -- turnovers, shooting percentage, etc -- are putrid, especially on the road.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    BTW Blue...how about that Notre Dame game where the Irish bigs chewed up the Hoosiers?
    Thankfully, I was working and missed that game. My Dad, however, attended that game with a friend and Jared Jeffries, who is now a scout for the Nuggets just happened to be sitting right next to my Dad.
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 02-09-2014 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    I haven't checked them, but I'm fairly certain that IU's first half/second half splits in the B1G -- turnovers, shooting percentage, etc -- are putrid, especially on the road.
    No doubt. At the very least @Nebraska and @Minnesota looked exactly the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

No doubt. At the very least @Nebraska and @Minnesota looked exactly the same.
    I will definitely agree to that.

Collegeinsider.com tournament, here we come!

11. Likes:

dubc47834 (02-12-2014)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Up 10 with 3 minutes to go....and lose. Tom Crean is starting to wear thin on my nerves!!!

13. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-12-2014)

One of the most pathetic losses I can remember.

No positive spin at all. But I've got to tip my hat to Penn State and Patrick Chambers, the man can coach.

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Up 10 with 3 minutes to go....and lose. Tom Crean is starting to wear thin on my nerves!!!
    Yes I'm overreacting, but Gregg Marshall --The new Brad Stevens? --anyone?

17. Likes:

Hoosier Red (02-12-2014)

Starting to? I thought I was the most patient fan out there, but man this season's already used up all mine.
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

19. Likes:

dubc47834 (02-12-2014),Revering4Blue (02-12-2014)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Starting to? I thought I was the most patient fan out there, but man this season's already used up all mine.
    Patient...lol....I was a Baker apologist. I cut more slack than most. Crean is running out!!!

21. Likes:

Hoosier Red (02-12-2014)

Patient...lol....I was a Baker apologist. I cut more slack than most. Crean is running out!!!
    I hear ya. I'm finally coming around on firing Gerry Dinardo.

Turn Off Ads?