Turn Off Ads?
Page 62 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Results 916 to 930 of 1012

Thread: Indiana Basketball

  1. #916
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,194

    Re: Indiana Basketball

    Best line I heard so far:

    "Probably a result of too many court stormings."
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

  2. Likes:

    5TimeWSChamps (02-19-2014), dubc47834 (02-18-2014), Hillsdale87 (02-18-2014), Razor Shines (02-18-2014), Revering4Blue (02-18-2014)

  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #917
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    343

    Re: Indiana Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Step 1 should be give it to Yogi, Step 2 should be Yogi gives ball to Vonleh, Step 3 should be hope Yogi or Noah do something awesome...
    Crean needs to be able to figure out how to get other guys involved creatively, but I don't have a ton of confidence that he can do that. With Troy Williams, for instance, he is far from a finished product, and I expect him to be a very good player for IU in the future. However, right now he is basically an out of control elite athlete. He makes some good hustle plays, and he is pretty effective in transition because of his athleticism. But he is basically worthless in the halfcourt because he doesn't shoot threes (or at least shouldn't) and cannot create his own shot. A good offensive coach would figure out ways to have him catch the ball on the move to be able to use that athleticism to get into the lane and to the rim.

    Stan is another guy who could be so much more effective in a good offense. He is a pretty crafty player who can create his own shot better than most, but again, he is creating all on his own. I know it's not fair to compare Crean to Knight, but Stan would fill it up in Knight's offense. He reminds me a lot of Andre Emmett, who was a star in Knight's first few years at Texas Tech. Not much of an outside game, but a unique ability to get into the lane and crafty around the rim.

  5. Likes:

    dubc47834 (02-18-2014)

  6. #918
    First Time Caller SunDeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    5,394

    Re: Indiana Basketball

    The roof is falling in on Indiana Basketball. Literally.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

  7. #919
    Yay!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,430

    Re: Indiana Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Best line I heard so far:

    "Probably a result of too many court stormings."
    Actually it was all the Sweet 16 banners weighing it down.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  8. Likes:

    Hoosier Red (02-18-2014), Razor Shines (02-18-2014)

  9. #920
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    742

    Re: Indiana Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Further proof that too much technology sometimes isn't a good thing. I hope you that you had a good time, anyway. No matter the season, Wawasee is a great place to be.
    Had a fabulous time. I love fishing and particularly ice fishing. I love that lake.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  10. #921
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    742

    Re: Indiana Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    True they should be worked on in practice, but these are such basic things. It's just a matter of being aware on the court, and that is something they players need to take responsibility for. When Stan got a 10 second call last week, he was clearly oblivious to the time on the clock. That is his issue. The inbounds passes... yes you work on it. But on Hollowell's inbounds pass, he he Yogi streaking open across his face and held onto it. Sheehey had Yogi open on his pass and threw it five feet behind him. And Vonleh's was just a mind-numbing play. Those were primarily execution issues.

    Half-court offense though... that's all on Crean. The offense is essentially: Step 1 - give it to Yogi; Step 2 - hope he does something awesome. Some of this is because of a lack of talent, but even still, there is very little purposeful movement.
    You are dead on my friend.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  11. Likes:

    Revering4Blue (02-18-2014)

  12. #922
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    742

    Re: Indiana Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    The roof is falling in on Indiana Basketball. Literally.
    And when it just couldn't get any worse? AAAAAArrrrrrrgh.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  13. #923
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    742

    Re: Indiana Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Actually it was all the Sweet 16 banners weighing it down.
    I don't know bro. Those championship banners are pretty heavy. Thank God Vandy has no issues with this sort of thing.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  14. Likes:

    WMR (02-19-2014)

  15. #924
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    742

    Re: Indiana Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Crean needs to be able to figure out how to get other guys involved creatively, but I don't have a ton of confidence that he can do that. With Troy Williams, for instance, he is far from a finished product, and I expect him to be a very good player for IU in the future. However, right now he is basically an out of control elite athlete. He makes some good hustle plays, and he is pretty effective in transition because of his athleticism. But he is basically worthless in the halfcourt because he doesn't shoot threes (or at least shouldn't) and cannot create his own shot. A good offensive coach would figure out ways to have him catch the ball on the move to be able to use that athleticism to get into the lane and to the rim.

    Stan is another guy who could be so much more effective in a good offense. He is a pretty crafty player who can create his own shot better than most, but again, he is creating all on his own. I know it's not fair to compare Crean to Knight, but Stan would fill it up in Knight's offense. He reminds me a lot of Andre Emmett, who was a star in Knight's first few years at Texas Tech. Not much of an outside game, but a unique ability to get into the lane and crafty around the rim.
    Hmmmmmmm. Great observations.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  16. #925
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,437

    Re: Indiana Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    The roof collapsed at Assembly Hall? Highly symbolic.
    Have to wonder if they will play there again this year.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  17. #926
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    742

    Re: Indiana Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Have to wonder if they will play there again this year.
    They have rarely played there this year the way it stands anyway!!!!!!!!
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  18. Likes:

    Hillsdale87 (02-19-2014)

  19. #927
    First Time Caller SunDeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    5,394

    Re: Indiana Basketball

    Reporting says these pieces are not structural. I'm guessing they will get it sorted out soon and finish the home season.
    Although I sort of wish it could just be over now.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

  20. Likes:

    Assembly Hall (02-20-2014), Razor Shines (02-20-2014)

  21. #928
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    742

    Re: Indiana Basketball

    Don't know if this is good news or not...

    http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...tball/5613941/
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  22. #929
    Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute, In
    Posts
    1,483

    Re: Indiana Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Don't know if this is good news or not...

    http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...tball/5613941/
    I watched the press conference they had yesterday afternoon. They said that the roof of Assembly Hall has a design where the roof slants inward and that this was the most snow that the roof had ever seen. The snow had caused the roof to flex, thus popping that 50lb metal plate off. They also said that numerous other plates were loose, but were not in any danger of falling. You can watch the press conference on insidethehall.com.

  23. #930
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    742

    Re: Indiana Basketball

    Didn't the ladies play there last night?
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25