Turn Off Ads?
Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1012

Thread: Indiana Basketball

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: Indiana Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    I think they can get in without winning the tourney.... they just have to beat both Michigan and Ohio State. Not likely, but not impossible.
    Either that or win two of the next three -- especially if they win in Ann Arbor -- and win two games in the B1G tournament.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    He was like 6'1" and wasn't the quickest guy in the world. Jeff Olliphant scored a ton in high school too, Delray Brooks was unstoppable in high school but could not score at IU, it happens. One thing I liked about Lewis was he would go back at RMK, didn't see that often.
    IIRC, Delray's problems stemmed as much from an inability to play man-to-man defense at all than anything.

Following a Sweet Sixteen upset of then-top ranked, star-studded UNC by Alford and the kiddie corps and unexpected appearance in the Elite 8 in '84, Delray Brooks was supposed to be the player to possibly push the Hoosiers over the top. Alas, as we all know, that didn't happen, as the '85 team was a major disappointment -- IMO, the most disappointing IU season given the expectations in my lifetime -- for several reasons.

One another prominent side memory involving Delray Brooks: Nobody gave anyone a chance against his Michigan City Rogers HS school, but Assembly Hall's Warsaw Tigers pulled it off, winning the '84 State Championship, which I remember well because it was during my HS sophomore year that my school, which no longer exists, fell to Warsaw in the Semi-State that year.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Either that or win two of the next three -- especially if they win in Ann Arbor -- and win two games in the B1G tournament.
    I think they have to win the final 3 games to have a chance, wouldn't hurt to win a B10 tourney game or 2. I don't see it happening, but its possible I guess.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

IIRC, Delray's problems stemmed as much from an inability to play man-to-man defense at all than anything.

Following a Sweet Sixteen upset of then-top ranked, star-studded UNC by Alford and the kiddie corps and unexpected appearance in the Elite 8 in '84, Delray Brooks was supposed to be the player to possibly push the Hoosiers over the top. Alas, as we all know, that didn't happen, as the '85 team was a major disappointment -- IMO, the most disappointing IU season given the expectations in my lifetime -- for several reasons.

One another prominent side memory involving Delray Brooks: Nobody gave anyone a chance against his Michigan City Rogers HS school, but Assembly Hall's Warsaw Tigers pulled it off, winning the '84 State Championship, which I remember well because it was during my HS sophomore year that my school, which no longer exists, fell to Warsaw in the Semi-State that year.
    I completely agree on the '84-'85 team. They actually went into Ann Arbor and spanked the Wolverines by I believe 30 points in their first B1G game of that year. IU was ranked in the Top Ten and everything seemed right. At the end of the year Michigan was ranked #2 and the Hoosiers ended up with a NIT bid. Just pitiful.

BTW Blue, I remember your Elmhurst Trojans well!

6. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-28-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    I think they have to win the final 3 games to have a chance, wouldn't hurt to win a B10 tourney game or 2. I don't see it happening, but its possible I guess.
    It would be great to win all three. But winning 2 of 3 IMO puts them squarely on the bubble seeing as who their opponents are.

How big is that Penn State loss now?
    Last edited by Assembly Hall; 02-28-2014 at 06:14 PM.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    It would be great to win all three. But winning 2 of 3 IMO puts them squarely on the bubble seeing as who their opponents are.

How big is that Penn State loss now?
    HUGE!!!!!! I dont see it happening, but it could be the loss that keeps IU out of the tourney!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    HUGE!!!!!! I dont see it happening, but it could be the loss that keeps IU out of the tourney!!!
    Very well might be. It is the one that got away. But the egg they laid at home against Northwestern doesn't help either. At the time the Illinois loss didn't look bad...but now it does, IU should have won that one. To be honest, they should be 9-6 right now instead of 6-9. That would translate into a 19-9 overall record and a lock in the tournament. Just pitiful.

10. Likes:

dubc47834 (03-01-2014)

At this point, barring conference tournament results, it is highly doubtful that any school from the state of Indiana qualifies for the NCAA tourney.

That's unheard of.

At this point, barring conference tournament results, it is highly doubtful that any school from the state of Indiana qualifies for the NCAA tourney.

That's unheard of.
    It last happened in 2005 and the year before only Valpo went to the tourney.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

He was like 6'1" and wasn't the quickest guy in the world.
    And what was Steve Alford?

It last happened in 2005 and the year before only Valpo went to the tourney.
    IIRC, IU lost their first NIT game at home in '05. The '04 team was a disaster, with a losing record, IIRC. At the time, I thought that the state of the program couldn't get any worse. How wrong I was.

IIRC, IU lost their first NIT game at home in '05. The '04 team was a disaster, with a losing record, IIRC. At the time, I thought that the state of the program couldn't get any worse. How wrong I was.
    And I was too!

If IU can manage to beat Ohio State today and win at least 1 or 2 B10 tourney games, I think they still have a shot at getting in. If IU wins today, they will have beaten a lot of quality teams.

all the talking faces on CBS just said IU has to win the B1G tourney to get in.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    all the talking faces on CBS just said IU has to win the B1G tourney to get in.
    They may be right, but I think a win today and a strong showing in the tourney could be enough. Gotta finish out the game today though.

Turn Off Ads?