Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 1012

Thread: Indiana Basketball

  1. #106
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

    If you think Cal would start Zeller over Terrence Jones, you're nuts.

    Zeller is a nice player, but he's not putting sophomore Terrence Jones on the bench. He would play, but not start.
    Last edited by WMR; 03-20-2012 at 02:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #107
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    742

    Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    If you think Cal would start Zeller over Terrence Jones, you're nuts.

    Zeller is a nice player, but he's not putting sophomore Terrence Jones on the bench. He would play, but not start.
    LOL............yeah your right. Jones makes too much money to sit the bench. TRob wouldnt start for you guys, Ty Zellar wouldnt start for you guys. Draymond Green wouldnt start for you guys, Austin Rivers wouldnt start for you guys......

    Geez, why is there a tournament? UK has the 5 best players in the country. I concede to just give them the title.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  4. #108
    Member cumberlandreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sterling VA
    Posts
    9,055

    Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Sure I did. Florida doesnt even utilize Young. And Royce White is 6'-8" . Neither would start for UK. Zellar and Ezeli would.
    Zeller would have a small shot a starting. Ezili, never.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

  5. #109
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    LOL............yeah your right. Jones makes too much money to sit the bench. TRob wouldnt start for you guys, Ty Zellar wouldnt start for you guys. Draymond Green wouldnt start for you guys, Austin Rivers wouldnt start for you guys......

    Geez, why is there a tournament? UK has the 5 best players in the country. I concede to just give them the title.
    A program just coming off probation shouldn't be making cheating accusations towards others.

    There are several players around the country who would start for UK, Cody Zeller just isn't one of them. He would get plenty of PT, though.

    It's a stupid hypothetical anyway, you shouldn't get so bent out of shape over it.
    Last edited by WMR; 03-20-2012 at 03:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  6. #110
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Bedford, KY
    Posts
    8,992

    Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    LOL.....whatever man. Jones is a stud.

    Zellar would start on any team in the country, and that includes UK. Heck, he would fit into their offense quite nicely and he can hit free throws.
    No, Zeller would start for MOST teams in the country.

    There's no chance he'd start at North Carolina.

    There's no chance he'd start at Kentucky.

    There's no chance he'd start at Ohio State.

    He might start at Kansas. Maybe.

    Other than that, I agree-- he could start anywhere else.
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

  7. #111
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    10,123

    Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    No, Zeller would start for MOST teams in the country.

    There's no chance he'd start at North Carolina.

    There's no chance he'd start at Kentucky.

    There's no chance he'd start at Ohio State.

    He might start at Kansas. Maybe.

    Other than that, I agree-- he could start anywhere else.
    I think he would start at OSU. Thad has shown that he will start his 5 best players, and he is much better than Smith Jr. It would force Thomas on the 3 but help Sullinger. He would start but probably would be the first one to the bench because both Sullinger and Thomas are better and more dynamic than him. (Did I just start another battle?)

  8. #112
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,604

    Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    As long as you weren't one of his players who got choked/slapped, a secretary, a potted plant, a chair, an opposing coach who got slapped, or a member of the media or the IU administration, you probably love the guy.
    All of his national championships and final fours still stand in the record books though.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

  9. #113
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Bedford, KY
    Posts
    8,992

    Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    All of his national championships and final fours still stand in the record books though.
    Do you have evidence that Calipari was ever implicated in ANY NCAA shenanigans?

    I'll hang up and listen.
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

  10. #114
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    If you think Cal would start Zeller over Terrence Jones, you're nuts.

    Zeller is a nice player, but he's not putting sophomore Terrence Jones on the bench. He would play, but not start.
    I think you guys are ignoring one little aspect:

    Cody Zeller is a center. With that being said, I don't think there is any doubt that Anthony Davis would push Zeller to the bench.

    And for the record, I would love to have Zeller at Kentucky. He would contribute very well, but he is a significant upgrade to Eloy Vargas and nothing more. If Davis and Jones were gone, he would start.

    As for Royce White earlier, what does size have to do with anything? The guy is 6'8 but also can run the offense. Its what made Iowa State such a unique matchup in that it pulls your center away to have to guard a center who can double over as a PG. It's a mismatch, and mismatches slice both ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  11. #115
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,604

    Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Do you have evidence that Calipari was ever implicated in ANY NCAA shenanigans?

    I'll hang up and listen.
    I know I know, both final four's being vacated had nothing to do with him, he is telfon.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

  12. #116
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

    I loathe, absolutely loathe Kentucky and their fans. I have a ton of family and friends who went to IU and I've been rooting for the revival of the program since the cheater Sampson (funny how IU fans never mention this when they talk about Cal) burnt down the program.

    However, I'm rooting for Kentucky this weekend just to knock down the IU fans a peg or two. The arrogance and smack from the new crop of IU fans dwarfs that of UK fans.

    I'm not rooting for UK because I want them to win. I'm rooting for UK just so IU fans get back to a sense of reality.

  13. #117
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I loathe, absolutely loathe Kentucky and their fans. I have a ton of family and friends who went to IU and I've been rooting for the revival of the program since the cheater Sampson (funny how IU fans never mention this when they talk about Cal) burnt down the program.

    However, I'm rooting for Kentucky this weekend just to knock down the IU fans a peg or two. The arrogance and smack from the new crop of IU fans dwarfs that of UK fans.

    I'm not rooting for UK because I want them to win. I'm rooting for UK just so IU fans get back to a sense of reality.
    Cool. Thanks for stopping by.

    What kind of a name is Gack anyway?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #118
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,306
    You know where I care if Cody Zeller can start? Indiana. You know where I dont care if he can start? Every other program in country.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #119
    Yay!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,418

    Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Cool. Thanks for stopping by.

    What kind of a name is Gack anyway?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Comanche Indian.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  16. #120
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Cool. Thanks for stopping by.

    What kind of a name is Gack anyway?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    OMG!! LOL.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"



Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25