Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Building a computer rig

Nerdvana Annihilation

Re: Building a computer rig

ha-ha, that is funny you posted that card. I actully recommended to another friend of mine two days ago. It's a great card for the price. Plus I am so happy you are going with Nvidia.. Nvidia > ATI

Here Newegg has it 10 bucks cheaper.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130660

Glad your build is coming along great!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by code View Post
    ha-ha, that is funny you posted that card. I actully recommended to another friend of mine two days ago. It's a great card for the price. Plus I am so happy you are going with Nvidia.. Nvidia > ATI

Here Newegg has it 10 bucks cheaper.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130660

Glad your build is coming along great!
    ahh good stuff. I'm probably going to go down that route then. What's surprising is that Amazon actually has pretty decent prices on things. While that is $10 less expensive on New Egg, I'm looking at other websites and Amazon blows some of those sites out of the water on prices. It's a good alternative site, in my opinion, if New Egg is out of stock on a certain product you want.

Nerdvana Annihilation

Yeah, My product searching list is Newegg,Amazon,Tigerdirect

Whatever is cheaper gets my buisness.

Quote Originally Posted by code View Post
    Yeah, My product searching list is Newegg,Amazon,Tigerdirect

Whatever is cheaper gets my buisness.
    Yup, I am also lucky to have a Fry's less than 3 miles drive from me.

The tax I pay is worth it due to easy returns and Fry's matches internet prices. And I get it immediately, don't have to wait for Fedex to chuck my packages over the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    The computer that I am currently using is a laptop I got from a friend, who spent a nice chunk of change on it and cracked the screen within two months of having it, but wound up just buying another laptop because he was leaving for Afghanistan a few days later. I just run a wireless keyboard/mouse and an external monitor off of it. The first thing I did once I "restored it to out of the box settings" was uninstall nearly every piece of software that came on it outside of Windows 7 and a few utility tools that are useful. The amount of crap that is put onto a new computer you buy from a store is disgusting.
    Yes you are absolutely right. All that junk software just bogs things down. Every program you install uses system resources that can create conflicts. Uninstalling them helps but they can still leave relics behind. Most of the software that comes pre-installed on computers are just watered-down versions of programs or older versions or trial versions or just simply stuff you will never, ever use. It is better to start with a clean empty hard drive and install only the programs you will actually use.

Since you're in St Louis MT, why not try Micro Center at Brentwood/hwy 40/64? Friend of mine who builds his own computers swears by that place.

Turn Off Ads?