Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redszone Auction League Year 3 2012

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Redszone Auction League Year 3 2012

Hey guys- I am definitely interested in continuing the league, but may need someone to take over as commish. We are expecting our 2nd child in early April, so that will severely cut into the time I have during baseball season.

Is anyone interested in being commish? You would have to coordinate with the other owners to see who is coming back, fill any open teams, get the keeper lists from all teams and enter those players and their values into Yahoo before the auction. (I have printed out everyone's team and 2011 values, so I can get you those lists.)

Let me know if you are interested.
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Redszone Auction League Year 3 2012

I may be interested- can you send me some information about the league via PM?
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Plus Plus View Post
    I may be interested- can you send me some information about the league via PM?
    PM sent.

I'll be back if things get worked out. The team I took over last year stunk but it was interesting and I've been looking forward to the 2nd season.I've no interest in being commish but good luck working that stuff out.

I'll also be returning if the league keeps going. My team was hampered by inuries last year but that happens. The beauty of an auction format is that a lot of quality players always reenter the draft pool.

After further review I think I will be able to remain commish, so the league will be back. One change I think I will make starting this year would be any player picked up during the auction remains at that value all year, even if dropped.

In the past any free agent started with a value of $0. Now if a player if picked up in the auction for $5 and dropped, then another owner picks up that player later in the year as a free agent, his value would still be $5, or $8 if kept into next season.

This will make it much easier for me to track player values into future seasons.

So when does this new FA policy start? I know a picked up a few guys last year that I was looking forward to having on the cheap this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    So when does this new FA policy start? I know a picked up a few guys last year that I was looking forward to having on the cheap this year.
    I would assume this year and that anyone you picked up last year would be under the old rule.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    I would assume this year and that anyone you picked up last year would be under the old rule.
    Correct. Anyone picked up as a FA during the 2011 season would be $3 to keep in 2012. The new policy on FA values starts this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Correct. Anyone picked up as a FA during the 2011 season would be $3 to keep in 2012. The new policy on FA values starts this season.
    That's cool. I understand how difficult that probably is so I don't blame you for making the change. Glad we're are getting a notice and that some late season strategy will still pay off.

After playing here the 2010 season, I had to leave this league early last year due to personal reasons. Those have been resolved, and if a spot ends up open, I'd love to have it. Either way, thanks,

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

I would certainly be interested in taking over a team if one opens up.
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    After playing here the 2010 season, I had to leave this league early last year due to personal reasons. Those have been resolved, and if a spot ends up open, I'd love to have it. Either way, thanks,

Yeah, I think your actual team is still available. I'll be sure to include you in all league communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus Plus View Post
    I would certainly be interested in taking over a team if one opens up.
    You are first on the list if a team is available.

Yeah, I think your actual team is still available. I'll be sure to include you in all league communication.
    Nobody took it over? You guys just finished with 11 teams? Sorry about that. Anyway, thanks!

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Turn Off Ads?