Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Sean Rodriquez

Sean Rodriquez

Any takers on filling our middle infield spot with Sean Rodriquez of Tampa. Can play all four infield spots and some in the outfield. I feel like he could breakthrough a GABP. Could possibly be had for minimum return.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sean Rodriquez

Hanigan for Rodriguez? then sign Pudge Rodriguez or Jason Varitek

I don't think I'm interested. He may very well break out at some point in the near future, but I really don't want to give up any prospects for a 27 year old who has struggled to OPS .700 in parts of 4 seasons in the majors. I certainly wouldn't give up Hanigan to get him. That's crazy talk.

Quote Originally Posted by vottofan4life View Post
    Hanigan for Rodriguez? then sign Pudge Rodriguez or Jason Varitek
    For real? You'd trade an excellent defensive catcher, who's game calling netted a full run of CERA under what Hernandez did and who is second in OBP only to Votto on the entire team? Not to mention it would leave us depending on a pure rookie catcher.

You can't be serious.
    Last edited by IamRV; 01-22-2012 at 08:13 PM.

Don't think it would take Hanigan to get him. Maybe a relief pitcher such as Ondrusek or something.

How about Fisher or Smith,? maybe both!!!

They don't need pitching and we need pitching so the only way in trading any of our pitchers is to clear more payroll like Masset, Arroyo or Bailey.

I don't know tampa's pen was questioned last year and with farnsworth as the closer they could maybe use a Smith or Fisher. The reds need a couple starters, the pen is full so they are expendable.

Is francis better than bailey?

Quote Originally Posted by BEETTLEBUG View Post
    Is francis better than bailey?
    No, but he is good enough to be an insurance policy on a minor league deal. Right now if any starter goes down your options are Brackman who preforms better out of the pen and Lecure who has the same results. So at this point I would like the insurance that a guy like francis brings although i much would have prefered Colon or Aaron Cook.

Quote Originally Posted by alett12 View Post
    No, but he is good enough to be an insurance policy on a minor league deal. Right now if any starter goes down your options are Brackman who preforms better out of the pen and Lecure who has the same results. So at this point I would like the insurance that a guy like francis brings although i much would have prefered Colon or Aaron Cook.
    I don't think you can get Francis with minor contract. How about Webb?
    Last edited by BEETTLEBUG; 01-23-2012 at 11:48 AM. Reason: add -on

Quote Originally Posted by BEETTLEBUG View Post
    I don't think you can get Francis with minor contract. How about Webb?
    Please, no! he hasn't pitched in the majors in 3 years and he never even reached 85mph before he got shut down again rehabing in the rangers system last season. I think Alex Cora would be an intersting sign on a minor league deal if you could get him. Other pitchers on the free agent market you could get on a minor league deal are, Segio Mitre, Scott Kazmir (my personal favorite to see if he can pull off what the Dontrelle Willis did), Livan Hernandez, and Chris Young. Brad Penny would want a major league deal as would Harden and Garland more likely than not.

Turn Off Ads?