Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Chevy Volt: 1 Year Later?

Re: Chevy Volt: 1 Year Later?

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Aren't they doing this with partnership with the government? I thought I read that most of the cost is provided by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
    I don't know.

This is the company that is doing them here

http://www.ecotality.com/index.php
    School's out. What did you expect?

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm wrong...looks like the government is involved.

ECOtality is the project manager of The EV Project and will oversee the installation of approximately 14,000 commercial and residential charging stations in 18 major cities and metropolitan areas in six states and the District of Columbia. The project will provide an EV infrastructure to support the deployment of 8,300 EVs. The project is a public-private partnership, funded in part by the U.S. Department of Energy through a federal stimulus grant and made possible by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA). For more information about The EV Project, please visit www.theevproject.com.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Someone put a commercial charging station at the front of my neighborhood and I have never seen it used. Of course, I highly doubt there will be any electric cars in this run-down neighborhood for quite some time. This location, location, location is unthinkable.

Tesla Motors are having a bit of a problem.

http://jalopnik.com/5887265/tesla-mo...design-problem

Any car that has a $40K part is a gamble to own. As I recall, the battery is basically the entire floor of the car, so what if you're in a minor accident that damages the battery? What's it going to cost to insure that car?

Let's hope Tesla doesn't turn into another Solyndra. It doesn't look good right now.

I still don't see what the advantage is in paying $40-50K for a mostly electric vehicle when you can buy a Toyota Prius for $24K that gets 50 MPG. Why not save $15K or so and cough up the money to buy two gallons of gas for every 100 miles you drive?

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Apparently you can put a gun rack in a Volt. And you can put a bullet through the battery without it exploding.

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...215713371.html
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

I'm up to 2500 gasoline free miles now......

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Any car that has a $40K part is a gamble to own. As I recall, the battery is basically the entire floor of the car, so what if you're in a minor accident that damages the battery? What's it going to cost to insure that car?

Let's hope Tesla doesn't turn into another Solyndra. It doesn't look good right now.

I still don't see what the advantage is in paying $40-50K for a mostly electric vehicle when you can buy a Toyota Prius for $24K that gets 50 MPG. Why not save $15K or so and cough up the money to buy two gallons of gas for every 100 miles you drive?
    I tell my wife this all the time.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I tell my wife this all the time.
    Make a powerpoint presentation. Sometimes that helps get the point across better. Or maybe some nice posterboard layouts with charts and graphs?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Make a powerpoint presentation. Sometimes that helps get the point across better. Or maybe some nice posterboard layouts with charts and graphs?
    You aren't married are you? I tried that once, on the topic of using the clothesline instead of the dryer. It didn't go well.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    You aren't married are you? I tried that once, on the topic of using the clothesline instead of the dryer. It didn't go well.
    Absolutely not, though not exactly by choice either. But I said that as a complete joke.

I have a standard slide that I use in these situations:

Current decision status:
    - I'm wrong.
    - You're right.

Marital relations:
    - Resuming.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Yes. She's got the power and I always get the point.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Hahahaha...no, won't be doing that in the near future...she finds me funny, but not that funny...

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Hahahaha...no, won't be doing that in the near future...she finds me funny, but not that funny...
    Probably a good thing since I imagine you like sleeping in your own bed.

Turn Off Ads?