Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Gunman kills one and wounds four in school shooting; 2 more now dead.

Gunman kills one and wounds four in school shooting; 2 more now dead.

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world...d-1364490.html

CHARDON, Ohio — A teenager described as an outcast at his suburban Cleveland high school opened fire in the cafeteria Monday, killing one student and wounding four others before being caught a short distance away, authorities said.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Re: Gunman kills one and wounds four in Cleveland-area school shooting.

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

I just don't understand how tearing up the lives of others solves your problems or improves your situation. These type of things are so senseless. It just make me mad to think about it. What did the kid think he was going to accomplish?
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson24 View Post
    I just don't understand how tearing up the lives of others solves your problems or improves your situation. These type of things are so senseless. It just make me mad to think about it. What did the kid think he was going to accomplish?
    I think the problem with your rational is that you are trying to understand the thought process of a 16 year old. A very sad, sad thing that happened, but trying to understand it isn't something I would waste my time doing. Usually the people who commit such crimes have something wrong with them and "we" can't get the thinking that they were having.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

He's actually 17.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I think the problem with your rational is that you are trying to understand the thought process of a 16 year old. A very sad, sad thing that happened, but trying to understand it isn't something I would waste my time doing. Usually the people who commit such crimes have something wrong with them and "we" can't get the thinking that they were having.
    I know it's impossible to make sense of his thought process. These nutcases don't think like most people. I think there is hardly any greater loss than children murdered in cold-blood.

I wonder why this type of thing seems to keep happening. I don't ever recall hearing about this type of thing happening when I was in school, 1980's. I guess it probably did but this is the information age where everyone seems to hear about everything.

I know it's impossible to make sense of his thought process. These nutcases don't think like most people. I think there is hardly any greater loss than children murdered in cold-blood.

I wonder why this type of thing seems to keep happening. I don't ever recall hearing about this type of thing happening when I was in school, 1980's. I guess it probably did but this is the information age where everyone seems to hear about everything.
    I don't have a clue as to why, but perhaps it is just because all it needed was "one incident" to put it in the minds of other crazies who wanted to do something about "those who bother them".

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

I will admit this is the first time I can ever remember the gunman not 'opting out'.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

A third student has now died.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: Gunman kills one and wounds four in school shooting; 2 more now dead.

Sounds like the kid was bullied. Not an excuse, but an explanation.

Nothing but sympathy for the victims.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Sounds like the kid was bullied. Not an excuse, but an explanation.

Nothing but sympathy for the victims.
    If he was bullied don't you think he would act out against those who bullied him. I hadn't heard that this was the case though. Reports are that he chose victims randomly.

If he was bullied don't you think he would act out against those who bullied him. I hadn't heard that this was the case though. Reports are that he chose victims randomly.
    Original reports I heard was that he targeted a specific table in the cafeteria. Has that since changed?

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

He probably felt isolated from the students, probably just acted out to show them...obviously not the way to go, but shooting any of them was probably enough for him.

These shootings are actually quite rare and have been in decline the past twenty years.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Original reports I heard was that he targeted a specific table in the cafeteria. Has that since changed?
    Yes, the report I read most recently said he didn't even know his victims.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Yes, the report I read most recently said he didn't even know his victims.
    Not that it makes it any better or worse, but more shocking that he simply had no connection to those who were "targeted".

Turn Off Ads?