Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Bell is high on Soto, Phipps....

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Bell is high on Soto, Phipps....

Nice to get the take from the new Bats manager....

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...ipps/#comments

Bell is very familiar with two of the top prospects who figure to be at Louisville. Both first baseman Neftali Soto and outfielder Denis Phipps spent time with Bell at Double-A Carolina.
    I've got to admit, I'm still unclear as to what Rick Sweet is going to be doing. I thought he did a fantastic job as the Bats manager and thought he'd be in line for a MLB gig. I understand that the organization is high on Bell, but why not reward Sweet with at least a coaching job with the Reds? Just seems odd.
    Last edited by _Sir_Charles_; 01-24-2012 at 02:22 PM.
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

Re: Bell is high on Soto, Phipps....

Anybody else get the feeling Bell is an idiot?
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Anybody else get the feeling Bell is an idiot?
    For what reason?
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    For what reason?
    Really none at all. Just getting that vibe, IDK...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

-The Insider-

Don't make asinine accusations just because you feel as though you can.

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    To be fair, *BaseClogger* is the expert when it comes to being an idiot. Jk, *BC*. You know I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    Oh, I'm not making them just because I can. I truly get the vibe that he's an idiot...

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

I have only spoken to David Bell once and I did not get the dumb jock vibe at all. He seemed very well educated and while I am unsure about his knowledge of advanced baseball statistics, I don't know how much that will matter as he will likely get playing time dictated to him by Buckley and Jocketty.

-The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Oh, I'm not making them just because I can. I truly get the vibe that he's an idiot...
    He is really quiet unless it's during the game.

-The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    I have only spoken to David Bell once and I did not get the dumb jock vibe at all. He seemed very well educated and while I am unsure about his knowledge of advanced baseball statistics, I don't know how much that will matter as he will likely get playing time dictated to him by Buckley and Jocketty.
    He is a good mixture of old school and new school baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Nice to get the take from the new Bats manager....

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...ipps/#comments

I've got to admit, I'm still unclear as to what Rick Sweet is going to be doing. I thought he did a fantastic job as the Bats manager and thought he'd be in line for a MLB gig. I understand that the organization is high on Bell, but why not reward Sweet with at least a coaching job with the Reds? Just seems odd.
    Personaly I think the orginazation is stacking itself with managers against dusty so you move rick sweet into a catching instructor, bring Bell into louisville, and jim riggleman in at AA

Quote Originally Posted by alett12 View Post
    Personaly I think the orginazation is stacking itself with managers against dusty so you move rick sweet into a catching instructor, bring Bell into louisville, and jim riggleman in at AA
    I would think an organization would have better purposes and intentions at this level than to stack minor league candidates against Baker. If Baker were to be termed, who's to say they stay inside anyway? Just my take.

Turn Off Ads?