Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Astros considering name change.

Astros considering name change.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...ros-namechange

It seems for awhile now that that 'Stros really haven't had an identity, but I don't know if a name change would do them any good. I'd love to see them switch to the old rainbow uniforms though. What do you guys think?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Re: Astros considering name change.

Reading the article I see that the new owner is trying to be agressive in how he attracts fans into the seats -- cheaper seat prices!

Of course the product he's presenting should be discounted - but $5.00 seats -- $1.00 kid's seats --- club level seats with reduced prices -- got to give credit.
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

I've got nothing really to say on it but some moves they've made this offseason haven't made much sense to me. I mean why sign Jack Cust if you have basicly the same guy under contract right now in carlos lee?

Nothing to add, but I saw the flori, er, Miami Marlins unis, man, they look like something for the World Baseball classic, not MLB.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

They should be teh Colt .45s

O wait....

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Nothing to add, but I saw the flori, er, Miami Marlins unis, man, they look like something for the World Baseball classic, not MLB.
    Yeah I was hoping they would follow the trend of the Padres, Blue Jays, and Baltimore by going with the old Miami Marlins unis like the ones the minor league teams called that wore when they were still there.

Quote Originally Posted by drowg14 View Post
    They should be teh Colt .45s

O wait....
    They'll probably have a fan vote and end up with some dumb cowboy name like Gunslingers or Outlaws or something like that.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Quote Originally Posted by Tadasimha View Post
    They'll probably have a fan vote and end up with some dumb cowboy name like Gunslingers or Outlaws or something like that.
    It's texas, what do you expect?

Turn Off Ads?