Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds Caravan

Reds Caravan

Anyone going?
    2015 Rotation: Under Construction

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds Caravan

Yes, I will be there at the Greenwood Mall in Bowling Green on Saturday.

Here's a story about Lee May and the caravan.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...ins-tall-tales

Was at the Indy stop this morning.

Here's a story about Tucker Barnhart on the caravan.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...-including-bus

Thanks for posting Ron. Great story. Barnhart is a very nice and humble young man. Met him at Samp's Hack Shack, owned by former big league pitcher Bill Sampen, in Brownsburg where my son works out. Barnhart works with kids there in the off-season. Watched him give a catcher's class and he is exactly the kind of kid you want behind the plate. He's not very big but seems like a very smart, fundamentally sound, take charge player and he's just phenomenal with the kids. Looks like a natural leader to me. Since moving to Brownsburg last summer, everything he says about the town and baseball seem to be right on the mark. They love their baseball here and the kids work very hard. My son has a 6 am workout tomorrow morning before school. Lots of tradition. I'm hoping that Tucker has a great career with the Reds.

Here's a nice story about the growth of the Reds radio network in Reds Country.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...s-radio-growth

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post

Too bad radio doesn't pay as well as TV. Otherwise the Reds would be right up there with the Angels, Texas and BOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post

Listening to the Reds on radio was the way I became a fan. When I was younger and growing up in eastern Kentucky there was 3 or 4 stations I could tune to listen to a game. I usually listened to WSGS in Hazard. Also, IIRC, a Prestonsburg, Paintsville and Whitesburg had stations carried the games. I didn't know the affiliates had dwindled so bad. So it's good to see its back on the rise.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Tony Rose certainly isn't an expert on the Reds, much less anything else I've heard. I'm not sure how he would know about what it used to be like. BTW, the are many more Braves fans around here than Cardinals. I would rank it as follows:

1. Reds
    2. Braves
    3. Yankees
    4. Cardinals
    5. Red Sox/Royals/Tigers

The stations around here try to be "local" and talk much more about high school football than anything Reds related. These guys are just jumping on the bandwagon because the caravan is in town. Usually the Reds games are preempted on the same local stations they are talking about.
    Last edited by Jpup; 01-31-2012 at 12:43 PM.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Turn Off Ads?