Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poisonous Snake Hiding In Toilet Bites Woman

Poisonous Snake Hiding In Toilet Bites Woman

This story came out last week. Since no one has posted it, I will.

Have you ever been sitting there and out-of-the-blue and for no good reason started to wonder "What if...?" What if "something" were to be in there? Have you ever gone so far as to get up and look?

This will give you something to think about the next time you lift the lid. Snakes are one of, if not my biggest, fear. My fear of them is actually irrational, since I won't be around a small non-poinsonous baby snake.

If this were to happen at my place, there would be a realtor sign in the front yard and a U-Haul backed up to the front door in less than an hour!

http://www.wltx.com/fyi/fyi.aspx?storyid=29067

Snake In Toilet Bites Woman

(JACKSONVILLE, FL) - Going to the bathroom will never be the same for a Jacksonville woman, not since she was bitten by a water moccasin that was apparently hiding in her toilet.

Alicia Bailey spent three days in the hospital. She's now at home but she's not resting comfortably. She remembers what happened the night she got up to go to the bathroom. "Walked in (to the bathroom) opened up the lid to the toilet and got bit by the water moccasin on the leg."

She was bitten once on the thigh, and given the size of the bite on her leg, many predict it was a very big snake. Alicia says, "His head was every bit of three fingers wide."

She was rushed to the hospital and given anti-venin, but no one knows what happened to the snake or how it got into the house in the first place.

There are woods behind the family's home, and recent rains, the snake could have been looking for higher and dryer ground. The family now thinks he could have gotten into the home through the dog door, but there's still a fear, it hasn't left.

Alicia's husband, Richard is searching the home trying to find the snake. He says, "What we're leery about is closets and drawers." He carries a big stick around the house as he looks for the snake and at times his shotgun. "We're not looking to take it alive. I just want it out of here."

Alicia just wants her life, and her house, back.
    "We're currently very uncomfortable in our home and toilet shy I would say, and real anxious for closure."

The Bailey's have an 11-year old son who is now staying with neighbors. They said, doctors told them, given the size of the snake, if it would have bitten him instead of Alicia, he probably would not have survived.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Poisonous Snake Hiding In Toilet Bites Woman

I was working a flood in Texas once, and the house I was inspecting had been flooded with about 1 foot of water throughout the home.

They had already pulled all the carpets, and I was done with the inspection, talking to the folks as I was about to leave.

Suddenly, a snake crawled out of a pile of debris in the front yard, and darted right into the weep hole in the brick siding. That's basically a small opening to allow moisture to get out, but it also let this snake get in.

The wife went ballistic. She was screaming and yelling and running around like a madwoman. The husband knew with absolute certainty that if he didn't get that snake out of the wall, his wife would never set foot in that house again. So, he grabbed a shovel, and ran inside and started chopping out the sheetrock on the exterior wall the snake had gone in. He chopped and chopped, no snake. The way brick houses are built, there's plywood sheathing on the outside of the studs, and the bricks are outside of that. I kept trying to tell them that the snake probably couldn't get past the sheathing, but they were having none of that. He beat the holy crap out of his walls for 20 minutes, and still no snake.

By this time, the wife was completely freaked out. She was talking about buying new stuff and never setting foot in that house again. The husband had such a sad, hang dog look. She imagined the snake coming out of the walls in the middle of the night to "get her".

I was ready to leave, and all of a sudden the snake poked his head out of the weep hole. I yelled at the guy, and he swiftly chopped the snakes head off with the shovel in no doubt the most important athletic move of his life.

The snake had never been able to go far, like I was trying to tell them, but it didn't matter. She really, really didn't like snakes.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Rats can climb up sewer pipes and emerge in toilets.

Just sayin'.
    Makes all the routine posts.

I've read a story before of a snake in the toilet. As a matter of fact, I'm so petrified of snakes, I've developed the habit of looking when I lift the toilet seat. I know it's irraitonal, but snakes are the one thing I'm frightened of more than anything else in thsi world.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Outhouse Chickens will peck your butt.

My wifes GM grew up on a farm in the 20's she loaths snakes beause of the outhouse trek. Once a copper head fell on her lap from the door as she was about to sit down... she threw that sucker out and ran.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    I've read a story before of a snake in the toilet. As a matter of fact, I'm so petrified of snakes, I've developed the habit of looking when I lift the toilet seat. I know it's irraitonal, but snakes are the one thing I'm frightened of more than anything else in thsi world.
    Spiders. Brrr. Eight legs is just wrong .
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

I've got some snake stories now.

Once when I was at Boy Scout camp, we were on a hike and came across a huge snake. We surrounded it, and were just checking it out. One of the guys there was a drum major in his high school band. He carried around the big baton they use everywhere he went. The snake moved towards him, he stuck out the baton, and it wrapped around it. He paniced and flung the snake, through the air, right at me. I have a slow motion memory of a snake flying through the air right at me. It hit me on the thighs, and I'm wearing short pants. I was hopping and jumping and kicking like a frog on crack trying to get that snake off me. Then I turned around and ran as hard as I could. About 100 yards into my dash, I started getting madder and madder as the terror wore off. I turned around and ran back and beat the crap out of that idiot, which really wasn't much of a beating, I was only 12 years old.

He was several years older than I was and much bigger, but I was crazy I was so mad.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Spiders. Brrr. Eight legs is just wrong .
    My bro-law is soooo afraid of them. It borders on obsessive, won't do yard work won't go in the garage. As a kid his dad got bit by a brown recluse and his arm blew up real bad.

They don't bother me... I smoked one in a bong once on a dare.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou

Daaaaaammmn

That is SO Jim Coombs.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

As a youth, my brother and I spent enormous amounts of time just messing around in fields and woods.

One day, we decided to see how many snakes we could catch. We were pretty good at it and we ended up with over 100 snakes that we put in a cardboard box. My mom called us in for lunch. We decided to leave the box in the garage till after lunch and we went in for PB+Js.

We forgot to tell my mom about the box. She went out in the garage while were eating and the next thing we know, we hear a scream from the garage that sounds like she has stared into the abyss of Hell. My brother and I exchange "whoops" looks, neighbors come running, we get yelled at by everyone, my mom never forgives us, Dad beat us when he got home, etc etc.

But it was still pretty funny.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

A spider or a brown recluse spider?

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

My bro-law is soooo afraid of them. It borders on obsessive, won't do yard work won't go in the garage. As a kid his dad got bit by a brown recluse and his arm blew up real bad.

I don't get wigged out by them or not do yardwork because of them, I just find them incredibly nasty looking. And all those damn eyes. Yech.

I still don't kill them when I see them: they eat the 'squiters, which is alright with me.

My punk neighbor as a kid used to throw daddy longlegs (which aren't spiders technically) onto a hot grill and watch their legs shrivel beneath them. Kid was an ass.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    As a youth, my brother and I spent enormous amounts of time just messing around in fields and woods.

One day, we decided to see how many snakes we could catch. We were pretty good at it and we ended up with over 100 snakes that we put in a cardboard box. My mom called us in for lunch. We decided to leave the box in the garage till after lunch and we went in for PB+Js.

We forgot to tell my mom about the box. She went out in the garage while were eating and the next thing we know, we hear a scream from the garage that sounds like she has stared into the abyss of Hell. My brother and I exchange "whoops" looks, neighbors come running, we get yelled at by everyone, my mom never forgives us, Dad beat us when he got home, etc etc.

But it was still pretty funny.
    Cool... so... how is Wally Theodore?

BTW it was a "wolf" spider.

As a boy, my dad used to catch snakes. There were a lot of black snakes in the barn on the farm where he lived. One day, he was way out in a field when he saw a strange looking snake. He grabbed the snake by the tail just as the snake went into a hole. Dad told me that he pulled and pulled with all his might, but he couldn't pull the snake out of the hole.
    That night, my dad told his father about the snake, explaining how disappointed he was not to have been able to pull the snake out, because he had never before seen a snake with "knobs on its tail."
    Realizing that his son had been attempting to pull out a rattlesnake, my dad's father gave stern instructions to quit trying to catch snakes.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Turn Off Ads?