Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Robert Stephenson question

Robert Stephenson question

Not heard much about the Reds #1 from last year. Any news about where he projects?

Thanks

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Robert Stephenson question

http://www.mlbprospectwatch.com/mlb_...rt-stephenson/

The Reds were pleased with how first round pick Robert Stephenson looked in the instructional league, especially given that he didn't sign until the August 15 deadline, notes John Fay for Baseball America.

Note:I have the BA magazine and basically the piece says Stephenson was in good shape, came into camp and his fastball was clocked in around 96 mph. The Reds arent sure whether he'll be at Dayton theyre worried about the weather bothering him since he's from California. They were worried about him coming into the instructional league because thats where every team brings in their top young prospects but he came in and held his own plus some.

Sounds like Buckley's plan is to handle this kid like fine china

I know it will be a while before he's big league ready, but the idea of what he can be excites me. I like everything I've read about him.

Thanks!

Turn Off Ads?