Turn Off Ads?

Thread: CBS power ranking

CBS power ranking

Has the Reds at #9, 3rd in the NL behind Philly and Arizona. Interesting comment at the end. I wonder if the author lurks around redszone.

CBS power rankings

Good business: Yay for patience! The Reds gave up a bunch for Mat Latos, but not as much as the Nats did for Gio Gonzalez, an inferior pitcher. Plus they alone timed the closer market just right, getting Ryan Madson on the team-friendliest deal in the history of Scott Boras clients. Bad business: They appear to be the only team in baseball that views Ryan Ludwick as something other than bench effluvia. Prognosis as of 11:14 a.m. GMT on Jan. 26, 2012: Could this team manage itself? I would feel better about its chances if it could.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: CBS power ranking

Quote Originally Posted by stripedwarrior View Post
    Has the Reds at #9, 3rd in the NL behind Philly and Arizona. Interesting comment at the end. I wonder if the author lurks around redszone.

CBS power rankings

Good business: Yay for patience! The Reds gave up a bunch for Mat Latos, but not as much as the Nats did for Gio Gonzalez, an inferior pitcher. Plus they alone timed the closer market just right, getting Ryan Madson on the team-friendliest deal in the history of Scott Boras clients. Bad business: They appear to be the only team in baseball that views Ryan Ludwick as something other than bench effluvia. Prognosis as of 11:14 a.m. GMT on Jan. 26, 2012: Could this team manage itself? I would feel better about its chances if it could.
    So then Reds vs. Phils to go the series, and the Reds go '90 on the Phils, pulling off the upset in a sweep, then sweeping the Tigers in the WS? Sounds good to me!

This is the year

Remember these kinds of pre-season power rankings also had the bengals as the worst team in football this year.

Arizona is not going to be as good this year. I would put us ahead of them.

I think the Tigers have to be the team to beat in the A.L. With that staff and the addition of Prince. they're D is going to be horrible esp. in the infield but man that team is loaded. Who would you rather have CC, Pineda, and Nova, or Verlander, Fister, and Sherzer(spelling?) I like that Tigers staff, and that lineup is crazy

I don't think Detroit is that good, but they're certainly the best bet to run away with their division.

Really surprised and pleased to see the Reds ranked so highly. 3rd in the league.

Great article all around, made me laugh quite a few times.

I think that's about right in the NL with the braves close behind. I don't see them as them as being behind 6 AL teams. The Yankees yes, rangers yes, red socks maybe, Angels maybe, other than that im not sure

Turn Off Ads?