Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl 2012

Re: Super Bowl 2012

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/fo...-patriots-fans

Great article that helps sum up my feelings about this game.

Also, has anyone noticed how jovial Belichick has been? Does he know something we don't?
    Pathei mathos...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    The Giants are quickly becoming the greatest 9-7 football team of all time. Give me the Patriots by more than one score.
    Yep.
    Pathei mathos...

The Packers last year had a pretty rough regular season, by getting hot and playing their way in they rode the momentum all the way. The fact that the Giants can pressure with 4, have already beaten the Patriots this year, and just have that feel of the team that is meant to win, I'm pretty confident in them winning the game.

I won't be upset either way, I have things I dislike about both teams. If the Patriots win I'll be happy for Ochocinco (if they win I at least hope he's active and gets in the game for maybe one catch), and if the Giants win I'm happy because screw the Patriots.

I'm so glad that the world gets another 2 weeks of Boston vs. New York headlines.

We just don't get enough of that the other 50 weeks of the year.

Especially us sports fans.

I had a gestalt last night that the Giants are going to roll over the Patriots and its not even going to be close.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Pats 31, Giants 27. Brady with a 4th quarter comeback drive. I can just see it. After he wins his 4th ring he may be considered the greatest ever. By the way, whos better Montana, Bradshaw, or Brady? (considering he gets that 4th ring)

I'm going with Patriots 27 Giants 24 or Giants 35 Patriots 10.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I'm going with Patriots 27 Giants 24 or Giants 35 Patriots 10.
    Hmm... The only team I can see winning in a blowout is NE. If the Giants win, I think it has to be close.
    Pathei mathos...

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DGullett35 View Post
    By the way, whos better Montana, Bradshaw, or Brady? (considering he gets that 4th ring)
    Or Unitas, Marino, Manning...?

Rings are not the way to crown the best ever QB. Imagine a Super Bowl where it is tied 10-10 late in the 4th quarter. Team A is driving, but Team B intercepts the ball and returns it for a TD. Team B wins the game 17-10. Why is the QB of Team B given a "greatness boost" for something he had no control over? It's silliness.

Using the championship ring logic, Robert Horry is the greatest basketball player of all time.
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Or Unitas, Marino, Manning...?

Rings are not the way to crown the best ever QB. Imagine a Super Bowl where it is tied 10-10 late in the 4th quarter. Team A is driving, but Team B intercepts the ball and returns it for a TD. Team B wins the game 17-10. Why is the QB of Team B given a "greatness boost" for something he had no control over? It's silliness.

Using the championship ring logic, Robert Horry is the greatest basketball player of all time.
    You're saying Big Shot Bob isn't the greatest of all time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by DGullett35 View Post
    Pats 31, Giants 27. Brady with a 4th quarter comeback drive. I can just see it. After he wins his 4th ring he may be considered the greatest ever. By the way, whos better Montana, Bradshaw, or Brady? (considering he gets that 4th ring)
    They are all chasing Bart Starr for most NFL championships. His Packers won five and it isn't his fault there was no Super Bowl at the time of their '61, '62 and '65 titles.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Last year I won our office pool with a prediction of Green Bay 31, Steelers 27, the closest I have ever come to nailing a prediction. I'll never be that lucky again, and, truth be told, I might have picked the Steelers but for the fact I hate them.
    I don't like New England either, and based on not much more than that this year I predicted Giants 30, Patriots 17.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

This is one of those don't-really-like-either-team years, but I figure I'll end up rooting for the Giants. (As always, the first thing I root for is a game worth watching until the end.) If I had to bet, I'd probably bet on the Patriots while holding my nose. People keep pointing to the Giants' pass rush as the key, and it could be. On the other hand, it's such an obvious key that I figure the Patriots will do what it takes to get them blocked, especially with an extra week to figure out how. And if Brady has some time, the Giants' back seven is nothing special in pass coverage. Not that I would be shocked to see the Giants win either, the Patriots obviously have defensive issues as well.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

The Giants put a major hex on themselves:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...team-sb-champs
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Good, the Pats really needed something to even up the SI cover jinx.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Turn Off Ads?