Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Which prospect WILL have the best major league career?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Daniel Corcino

3 9.68%
  • Todd Frazier

2 6.45%
  • Didi Gregorius

1 3.23%
  • Billy Hamilton

4 12.90%
  • Henry Rodriguez

3 9.68%
  • Yorman Rodriguez

3 9.68%
  • Neftali Soto

5 16.13%
  • Robert Stephenson

9 29.03%
  • Juan Carlos Sulbaran

0 0%
  • Other (list below)

1 3.23%

Thread: Pick One Prospect

Pick One Prospect

Pick the one prospect who you believe WILL have the best major league career. Not highest ceiling, not closest to the majors. If you had to bet all of your money, which one of these players will have the best major league career?
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Re: Pick One Prospect

From this list, probably Frazier. You never know with pitchers.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Hamilton

voted other. Mesoraco.
    Harper, Trout, that Tampa guy all will probably top anyone on this list. (you didn't say only Reds prospects)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I only chose from the guys listed. Though in hindsight I shouldn't have, as klw said above, there are clearly better prospects than the ones listed. I went with Yorman Rodriguez of the guys listed. I will take Bryce Harper of all "prospects" in baseball though.

Should have clarified...current Reds minor leaguer. Hence no Harper, Mez or Cozart.
    Go BLUE!!!

Stephenson... Just a hunch.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

That's an interesting way to couch it. Made me look at it a little differently. And when I did, to my surprise, I arrived at Soto. I just think he'll hit. Thought hard on Gregorius. Hamilton's my highest-rated guy on the list, but that's taking upside into consideration. Beni's premise places a premium on safety.

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    Stephenson... Just a hunch.
    Yeah, that's basically it for me, too. I think he'll be more of a #2 starter than an ace, but that's worth a lot. He reminds me a bit of Homer Bailey, but I think the Reds learned a lesson and will do a better job of developing him.

Tough question. The higher level guys are all flawed. The lower level guys have a lot of ground to cover just to get the chance. After the deals, I've got Corcino at 3 behind Mes and Cozart. Since he's my highest rated, he must be the guy I think will have the best career.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    That's an interesting way to couch it. Made me look at it a little differently. And when I did, to my surprise, I arrived at Soto. I just think he'll hit. Thought hard on Gregorius. Hamilton's my highest-rated guy on the list, but that's taking upside into consideration. Beni's premise places a premium on safety.
    Pretty much my line of thought as well. Soto but Gregorius gave me pause. Too me it's almost like asking highest floor.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Yeah, that's basically it for me, too. I think he'll be more of a #2 starter than an ace, but that's worth a lot. He reminds me a bit of Homer Bailey, but I think the Reds learned a lesson and will do a better job of developing him.
    I agree with this. Stephenson is my guy. IMO, he has one of, if not the highest upside of anyone on this list, and barring injury I think he has a decent shot to make the show. Of course, it may well be several years from now.

Corcino would likely be my #2, although Stephenson has a better frame to keep him healthy (hopefully).
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Should have clarified...current Reds minor leaguer. Hence no Harper, Mez or Cozart.
    Ahh I was just in nit-picky lawyer mode.

I love Sulbaran's potential, but pitchers are always one pitch away...

I went with Soto, my pick last year for breakout minor leaguer.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I agree with this. Stephenson is my guy. IMO, he has one of, if not the highest upside of anyone on this list, and barring injury I think he has a decent shot to make the show. Of course, it may well be several years from now.

Corcino would likely be my #2, although Stephenson has a better frame to keep him healthy (hopefully).
    Beni, I pretty much completely agree with your post. I went with Stephenson, but Corcino was a close second. I am just very bullish on Stephenson and I like his frame better than Corcino's. It honestly came down to that. I sort of thought about Soto, but I am still very worried that he will not walk at the major league level.

Turn Off Ads?