Turn Off Ads?

Thread: miguel cairo ?

miguel cairo ?

is he still w/ the cincinnati redlegs .... I love that fellow and he's a heck of a leader

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: miguel cairo ?

yes

Unfortunately, he is just about done in my opinion

Although not the most talented player, he is a true pro. He gives you solid D, and pro at bats. I never understood the hate by some red fans for him. Its like they expect him to be Mike Schmit or something. IMO HE is a solid backup and worth the money. Rolen can get hurt anytime and Francisco is the most overated player on the 40 man.

Miguel Cairo has earned his keep in his two years with the club.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Totally agree, glad to have him!
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Cairo's been an incredibly solid backup these last two years. He's definitely needed for when Rolen inevitably goes down.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Yep.

Remember when Votto was hurt or sad or whatever? Miggy batted like .350 that stretch, with power. Could have batted him cleanup and won most of the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse View Post
    Although not the most talented player, he is a true pro. He gives you solid D, and pro at bats. I never understood the hate by some red fans for him. Its like they expect him to be Mike Schmit or something. IMO HE is a solid backup and worth the money. Rolen can get hurt anytime and Francisco is the most overated player on the 40 man.
    Yes he has been solid, BUT let me list the guys who can be Utility players on the reds right now other than Cairo.
    Fazier, Valdez, Janish, Harris, and Valakia. Plus Juan Fransisco who is out of options so he is definately starting on the big league club and i have a feeling at least 2 of the utility guys other than Cairo make the team and they all will have better spring trainings except maybe Harris.

Turn Off Ads?