Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Spring Training: Anyone else going? Anyone else been to Goodyear before?

Spring Training: Anyone else going? Anyone else been to Goodyear before?

My wife and I are headed down to Phoenix the week of Feb 19-25. We won't be spending our entire vacation at the Reds facilities, but we will be making a few trips out to watch practices/workouts and hopefully snag some autographs while we are there.

Anyone have any past experiences watching practices/workouts at Goodyear? If so, any pointers you could pass along would be great. Things like best time to show up, stuff like that.

Also, any places we need to be checking out in the PHX area? We've already booked a night at a hotel in Cottonwood, which is up near Sedona. We'll be spending a day or so up in that area. Other than that our plans are pretty open.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Spring Training: Anyone else going? Anyone else been to Goodyear before?

Went many years in FL, but not since they have moved to Az. Loved ST in florida, but Az is too far to be a realistic trip for me right now. Went to Phoenix for Fiesta Bowl/new Years a couple years back, can only say too bad your going with your wife...lol. Bar called the Library had a ton of talent.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Book a pink jeep tour in Sedona. I did the seninc rim tour around sunset. It was great. Book it ahead of time. As far as the games go don't just see games at goodyear. Go to one game at Goodyear that will be enough. Try checking the reds out on the road. Just make sure you can get tickets to road games. SF, LA, LAA, CHI, COL, and ARI can sell out. I really liked the stadium that the rockies and dbacks share.

We get in the day of the first workout and leave on Saturday. We'll be gone a week or more before games even start.

Sounds like pretty good timing then-no crowds to fight with and can see some of the fun behind the games stuff, workouts, drills, etc, and players are likely to be a little looser with fans still. I went one year a few days before games and had great access to seeing drills I hadnt seen before, and met many players who took an extra moment to talk, take pics, etc.
    Enjoy, and know I am jealous.
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Sounds like pretty good timing then-no crowds to fight with and can see some of the fun behind the games stuff, workouts, drills, etc, and players are likely to be a little looser with fans still. I went one year a few days before games and had great access to seeing drills I hadnt seen before, and met many players who took an extra moment to talk, take pics, etc.
    Enjoy, and know I am jealous.
    Yeah, I am really looking forward to it. Still trying to figure out what I'm going to take with me for autographs. My coworker took a mini batting helmet for me last year and got 14 or so autographs on it.

See if you can trick Joey Votto into signing a blank player's contract while you're out there. We can just fill in the details later.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Yeah, I am really looking forward to it. Still trying to figure out what I'm going to take with me for autographs. My coworker took a mini batting helmet for me last year and got 14 or so autographs on it.
    I have done a bat, ball, helmet, etc in the past. Ball was easiest to carry, but sometimes a "different" item gets noticed by a player and signed. A bat was a pain in the arse to carry around and worry about, and my helmet smeared when passing around players (but looooked great otherwise) ball is good choice. I liked team signed things, can be hard to sort through individual items (pictures/cards) for each player sometimes. Enjoy, and good luck!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?