Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds players without options

Reds players without options

*Since it will likely be asked often over the next two months, here is the list of the Reds players that are out of options:

Jose Arredondo
    Bronson Arroyo
    Homer Bailey
    Bill Bray
    Miguel Cairo
    Carlos Fisher
    Juan Francisco
    Nick Masset
    Brandon Phillips
    Wilson Valdez

source reds.com

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds players without options

Valdez is also not on the 40 man roster so as long as he isn't put on it he can be sent back down to the minors. It's about time Fisher ran out though i mean seriously how many times has he been up and down in the last 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by alett12 View Post
    Valdez is also not on the 40 man roster so as long as he isn't put on it he can be sent back down to the minors.
    According to the Reds website Valdez is on the 40 man roster. He took Horst's spot when they were traded for each other right?

That is correct. Horst off and Valdez on.

Quote Originally Posted by alett12 View Post
    Valdez is also not on the 40 man roster so as long as he isn't put on it he can be sent back down to the minors. It's about time Fisher ran out though i mean seriously how many times has he been up and down in the last 2 years.
    Its almost been unfair what they have done to Fisher. The guy has been abused at the majors and is sent up and down more then an elevator. He hasn't had a been given any period in the majors to prove what he can do. When he has been at AAA for any given length he has shown to be very effective. If they put him on waivers he would be sucked up very quickly.

My bad, I though they outrighted Horst off the 40 man then resigned him to a minor league deal with an invite to spring training. You can't say fisher hasn't really had a chance because we was dusty's everyday guy for a while a couple years ago and if he has any real value I see them shipping him off in a deal for someone.

I see him with having plenty of value. He has good stuff. I think dusty abused him. How many times did he throw him in a game late when it was a lost game because he didn't want to use some of the other guys even though fisher pitched the to nights before. Then this past year fisher pitched 3 ings of a game then dusty throws him out for another 6 in the long game against Philly where he throws 95 pitches. He went downhill after that last year. Guys career era is under 5. thats pretty good for a bullpen guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Hoss View Post
    I see him with having plenty of value. He has good stuff. I think dusty abused him. How many times did he throw him in a game late when it was a lost game because he didn't want to use some of the other guys even though fisher pitched the to nights before. Then this past year fisher pitched 3 ings of a game then dusty throws him out for another 6 in the long game against Philly where he throws 95 pitches. He went downhill after that last year. Guys career era is under 5. thats pretty good for a bullpen guy.
    I agree that Dusty abused him, but C'mon Man! A career ERA of 5.00+ from a reliever is pitiful.

I mean he wasnt bad in Louisville but I don't see him ace a really good guy for the reds pen

Its almost been unfair what they have done to Fisher. The guy has been abused at the majors and is sent up and down more then an elevator. He hasn't had a been given any period in the majors to prove what he can do. When he has been at AAA for any given length he has shown to be very effective. If they put him on waivers he would be sucked up very quickly.
    I've been impressed with him. He played very well in the 19 inning game against the Phillies last season.

I agree that he hasn't gotten much of a chance, but it seems that the major league clubs feel differently about him. He was outrighted to AAA earlier this offseason after clearing waivers.

Turn Off Ads?