Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nats Sign Edwin Jackson

Nats Sign Edwin Jackson

1 year deal
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Nats Sign Edwin Jackson

This give them a solid front four of Strasburg/Gio/Zimmerman/EJax and then either Lannan or Wang to round it out.

Their bullpen is solid and they have some really young, solid bats as well. If Stras stays healthy, they are still my prediction to win the NL East.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybob60 View Post
    This give them a solid front four of Strasburg/Gio/Zimmerman/EJax and then either Lannan or Wang to round it out.

Their bullpen is solid and they have some really young, solid bats as well. If Stras stays healthy, they are still my prediction to win the NL East.
    Are they better than the Phillies, Braves, or Marlins? I would answer no/maybe/no.

Phillies.

No Howard, Utley on the decline, a much weaker offense than a few years ago. Great rotation.

Braves.

Offense is a little shaky, but with more potential than PHI, rotation might be a wash.

Marlins.

Very nice offense, but a weaker rotation.

Yeah, the Nats can contend.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

I'm not sure if they are ready for this year, but I'd be surprised if the Nats aren't in contention for a while beginning in 2013- especially if the Phillies lose Hamels.
    Go BLUE!!!

Solid pick up for the Nats. I think they will contend.

One has to wonder if some of these teams regret some of the signings that were made early. Waiting seems to be the key this year to getting a very good deal (for the team). It is shocking how many one year deals are being done.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by paulrichjr View Post
    One has to wonder if some of these teams regret some of the signings that were made early. Waiting seems to be the key this year to getting a very good deal (for the team). It is shocking how many one year deals are being done.
    The Marlins have to feel kinda silly giving Bell 3/$27M and 4/$58M for Buehrle when they could have gotten Madson for 1/$8.5M and Jackson for what appears to be 1/$10M...

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Nationals, Rays, Marlins, Blue Jays are all young and improving. Reds too.

Could be a changing of the guard in 2012.

Gee. I wonder what happened to that 3 year deal Boras said somebody was offering...........

Quote Originally Posted by crazybob60 View Post

Oliver projections, as reported on the front page of THT, have an interesting take on the NL East. They like the Braves to win the division, and the Nats to finish a full 10 games behind, in last place. They also have the Mets in front of the Phillies, which seems . . . unreasonable, to say the least.

Of course, I suppose I shouldn't complain about those projections too much, since they currently have the Reds tied for the most wins in baseball. Would 94 wins be too much to ask for?

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LegallyMinded View Post
    Oliver projections, as reported on the front page of THT, have an interesting take on the NL East. They like the Braves to win the division, and the Nats to finish a full 10 games behind, in last place. They also have the Mets in front of the Phillies, which seems . . . unreasonable, to say the least.

Of course, I suppose I shouldn't complain about those projections too much, since they currently have the Reds tied for the most wins in baseball. Would 94 wins be too much to ask for?
    Wow, that's interesting. Other than David Wright, what is left in Flushing? Ike Davis? I just assumed the Mets would be fighting to win 70 games in that hellish division. Ahead of the Phillies? What am I missing?

A healthy Johan Santana?

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    Wow, that's interesting. Other than David Wright, what is left in Flushing? Ike Davis? I just assumed the Mets would be fighting to win 70 games in that hellish division. Ahead of the Phillies? What am I missing?
    A healthy Ike Davis might one factor to consider for the Mets. He had a very good 2010, and was off to a great start in 2011 before getting hurt.

Regardless, however, the Cairo projections over at Replacement Level Yankees seem to say you're not missing anything. They have the Mets winning 74 games and finishing last in the East.

I find it encouraging, by the way, that these projections have the Reds winning the NL Central as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LegallyMinded View Post

I guess we shall see how the season takes shape. I will stand by that projection as my NL East winner.

Turn Off Ads?