Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Officially Baseball season!

Officially Baseball season!

Figured I'd start the first thread after the superbowl. Its officially baseball season in my books and I'm hoping everyone else agrees........Go Reds!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Officially Baseball season!

AGREED !

* Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Do you think the Houston Astros can win 45 games this year? Kinda dumb question but just got me thinking with them moving to AL West.

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    Do you think the Houston Astros can win 45 games this year? Kinda dumb question but just got me thinking with them moving to AL West.
    As long as they do not beat us and defeat the rest of our division, I am good.

EDIT: Not sure if we play the Astros this year.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    As long as they do not beat us and defeat the rest of our division, I am good.

EDIT: Not sure if we play the Astros this year.
    The Reds have three games at Houston in September.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Happy Baseball Season everyone!!!!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

As a Brown's fan, it was baseball season for me a long time ago. Hockey and basketball just don't interest me, though I've tried.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Sorry, I beg to differ. It's ALWAYS baseball season. Just a matter of the degrees.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

It's baseball season. But I'm still looking forward to March Madness. Probably my favorite time of year.

The Super Bowl is nothing more then something to fill time until Spring Training starts. And March Madness only means Opening Day is almost here!
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    The Super Bowl is nothing more then something to fill time until Spring Training starts. And March Madness only means Opening Day is almost here!
    The finals are on Opening Day this year, April 1. Perfect switchover for my two favorites sports,MLB and College basketball.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I've tried to watch Basketball, thought Hockey would be a good diversion before the Baseball season, too. They just didn't work out for me.

I just don't think indoor sports are a pleasing esthetic. I understand the passion others have for those games, but I use this time to catch up on other stuff. To be a more well rounded citizen and all of that.

There is always time for Baseball Talk, though.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Sorry, I beg to differ. It's ALWAYS baseball season. Just a matter of the degrees.
    That's why I always like the quote in my sig from Lonnie Wheeler. BTW, I'd highly recommend the book it's from. It's about the Cubs, but it's a story well told and it has some interesting historical markers in it. A great read.

“In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Turn Off Ads?